Weapon Enhancement

Weapon Enhancement! Please be kind to Dudu and Monica, they have feelings too!

Some of these questions probably have obvious answers, but I am not 100% sure so I'm hoping someone who is will tell us.

Does anyone know of a good guide? Also is it possible to fail an have the item destroyed or lose an enhancement lol? Like trying to get +9, but it fails(or can it fail?) would it go down to +8 or be destroyed or what?

Also does it matter what I use? Like if it's a Rng atk weapon an I use a melee atk weapon to enhance does it matter? Then there is all the skill bonuses(or whatever they are ex. Might, precision, etc.). And material bonus, and enhancement bonus!? I was to worried it might get destroyed or fail, an I wasn't sure if I should wait for a better item, so does item requirements matter(like required rng power) or is it the items rarity that effects the enhancement or the required RNG power? And augments if I have a light element weapon an I use a dark element would that make the light atk augment go down or does it just add to whatever the weapon was, or would it be come dark element atk bonus?

I think I know the answer to some, but I'm not positive, so any help would be much appreciated... I can't find a good podcast on this game that is new.

Thank you for your help.

@Wesley said in Weapon Enhancement:

Some of these questions probably have obvious answers, but I am not 100% sure so I'm hoping someone who is will tell us.

Does anyone know of a good guide? Also is it possible to fail an have the item destroyed or lose an enhancement lol? Like trying to get +9, but it fails(or can it fail?) would it go down to +8 or be destroyed or what?

There is nothing to worry about when it comes to grinding. Just make sure you have the correct materials and funds.

Also does it matter what I use? Like if it's a Rng atk weapon an I use a melee atk weapon to enhance does it matter?

The better a weapons rarity the more exp you get from the grind.

Then there is all the skill bonuses(or whatever they are ex. Might, precision, etc.).

Those Bonuses called Affixes. You can take a combination of weapons together into one weapon to add the Affixes you want. (Ex: +200 MEL, +200 RNG, +100 MEL DEF.)

And material bonus, and enhancement bonus!?

There are items you can get in game that can help enhance your chances of affixing, grinding, etc... They are not needed but will aid your RNG just that much more.

I was to worried it might get destroyed or fail, an I wasn't sure if I should wait for a better item, so does item requirements matter(like required rng power) or is it the items rarity that effects the enhancement or the required RNG power?

You can break a weapon in the sense that failing affixing will remove them from the weapon. So you will lose the weapons being used to affix to the new weapon. (Ex: 4 Swords with good affixes being used on the main weapon. Each affix has a % of breaking. The lower the % the more risk in the affix.) I wouldn't worry about this to much till late game. Luckily you can test all of this out with early game items that are cheap to upgrade and affix to learn all this. Late game you will end up spending millions so I recommend learning all this early in game or through finding a guide that doesn't over complicate everything.

And augments if I have a light element weapon an I use a dark element would that make the light atk augment go down or does it just add to whatever the weapon was, or would it be come dark element atk bonus?

Elements are only affected by skill tree's in that reguard. You can get a skill that increases power of Techs if the tech element matches your weapon. The damage modifier of element damage is enemy based in most part. So if you are using a Light weapon but the enemy is weak for fire damage. The fire damage will not be degraded from the weapons element.

There are ways to change a weapons element but sometimes it's better to just get extras of the same weapon but different elements. But that is more up to how you want to do things. You don't have to do it if you don't want to kind of deal.

I think I know the answer to some, but I'm not positive, so any help would be much appreciated... I can't find a good podcast on this game that is new.

Thank you for your help.

Hope this gives you some ideas and I truly can't stress this enough. Do easy missions and get low rarity weapons and test out affixing. When a weapon drops and you see basic info of it. The last start you see on the screen and number is your Affix number. (Ex: Look at the weapon on the ground the last icon on the screen is the (Icon) then a #) That would mean the item currently has that many affixes already on it.

Best of luck and hope this helps you.

Can weapons be destroyed during weapon enhancement?! What this about breaking!?

@TRAVISTYxxx said in Weapon Enhancement:

No it's just that affixing has a % chance of failing. If it fails you lose the affixes.

@The-Question Whew wipes sweat away

@The-Question said in Weapon Enhancement:

@TRAVISTYxxx said in Weapon Enhancement:

No it's just that affixing has a % chance of failing. If it fails you lose the affixes.

When adding affixes, does anything happen to the current affixes already part of the weapon?

@SamuraiCrazy They go poof.

So we need a weapon with all the desired affix and chance boosts to get the desired stack? Shiiiiiiiiiiii oot

@SamuraiCrazy said in Weapon Enhancement:

So we need a weapon with all the desired affix and chance boosts to get the desired stack? Shiiiiiiiiiiii oot

It's the reason you can affix a signle weapon with multiple other weapons. You have the 1 base and you just add the weapons that have the affixes that you want. It's not that difficult once you play around with it and get a better understanding to how the system works.

Hehe, I am glad I had this experience with an Alba Raflame. It HAD 3 Augment Points. And I lost them one at a time in subsequent Augment Affix Failures. It made me sad as it was my first real good weapon I enjoyed tooling around. Thankfully with grinding and its other pretty bitchin base stats it was still better than most drops I've come across. But it does feel weird that its "Augment Point Naked."

For me now on. I may play with less important weapons to keep hoing that feel. But if its an important weapon I'm not gonna unless I have as many matching/high rarity weapon categories as possibly and every support slot filled with THE best I can afford/get. ;0 ;~)

I did notice it still says there is an "Extra Slot" when I'd enter that menu again. If I do the aforementioned things could I carefully possibly be able to add them all back and more? It had started with 3 Augment with Precision II and Stamina III in two of them that I remember.

Perhaps a better way to say is. Is there a way to add general Augment Slots back to a weapon that has none. Namely because you borked previous Augment Affix attemps. ;0 ;~)!

o/ =^.^=

@KnightHarb1nger Yup you can, we call it 'Upslotting'. It does bring a whole new kind of pain with it though. An upslotting attempt reduces the affix % rate. The reduction increases the more slots your weapon/unit has. Upslotting a unit with 7 slots to 8 is easily top 3 most annoying/frustrating thing do in the game. Even during a boostweek. (Do note: In general it's not worth the time and Meseta to up slot units to 8, only a select crazy few tend to go for it.)