My own personal problem With Redundancy ...

The obvious affirmation used to be much more simple, At least not until I finally decided to rant about this. See , The thing is , Much of everyday activities , At least for me , Have fallen into a dead rut and I don't seem to like it.

THE NEED FOR RE-AFFIRMATION

So, I get it currently , Everywhere you go, someone, Or even something , Like an automated bank teller and in many cases, Even as something as simple as trying to finalize a purchase is often prompted with a quick question : "Are you sure?" Things were more streamlined in Windows operating systems as well, It's no wonder , At the very least , That Windows XP OS will always be considered one of the very best operating systems that I have had the pleasure to use.

Gradually over the years, It seems that redundancy of making that the "END USER" is aware of their intentions. SO what IF that purchase is 20!!!?, let me pay for it!, Which then would be followed by : XXXX$..... are you sure?" Seriously?

Even worse still , Is having to put up with this same at a Drive-thru to get a quick bite to eat. You know the one, You drive up- You are then greeted by a cheerful person, Then it quickly all goes downhill VERT FAST!

"OK, soooo- I'll have like a #2 with cheese , and a coke as well. - " What I thought was going to be an easy -peasy "IN and OUT" to get some food and then be on my way, Instead was inundated with a sort of questions, - " What size?", "Do you want regular french fries, Or curly, Or wedge Fries?", " Are you sure you want Coke?", " We also have Dr.pepper, Sprite , Root beer......" OMG I was starting to pull my hair out! PLEASE just give me was is listed "BY DEFAULT" for #2!!!!

Finally, I got my food and was on my merry way home, But can you believe I had to put up with that same treatment , Yet again? Can you guess where? Yep.. My very own PC!!!

Holy Crap! Windows 10 Has to ask FOR EVERYTHING! Plus, on a Day like this, THIS ISN'T HELPING! - At this point I'm ready to find a Baseball bat and BASH MY RIG INTO OBLIVION!!!

xD.

.....WHEW, glad i got that off my chest... I appreciate you all for listening to my rant.

~Janet

.... are you sure you want to bash your rig?

yes/no

Are you sure you want to post this?

Yes/No

Are you sure you wish to respond?

Yes/No

Are you Yes/No?

Yes/No

While I too know how computers work and wish they wouldn't question that I know what I'm doing every 5 seconds, most users don't and would just as soon delete System32 as uninstall a game. XD

Comma Comma Camilia!

ROLF.. xD you guys..

Can't...stop...staring...at...your...signature.

Go console . No windows issues there ....

@DDDDLife said in My own personal problem With Redundancy ...:

"OK, soooo- I'll have like a #2 with cheese , and a coke as well. - " What I thought was going to be an easy -peasy "IN and OUT" to get some food and then be on my way, Instead was inundated with a sort of questions, - " What size?", "Do you want regular french fries, Or curly, Or wedge Fries?", " Are you sure you want Coke?", " We also have Dr.pepper, Sprite , Root beer......" OMG I was starting to pull my hair out! PLEASE just give me was is listed "BY DEFAULT" for #2!!!!

They ask you questions to specifically get you to upsize/buy more. It's a marketing strategy which really has no relationship to system confirmation.

The programs are designed in such a way that users can easily interact and understand what they're doing. That's why they treat you like a baby. Developers have to assume you have 0 understanding of interfaces and therefore implement a system in which it's easy to interact with. User manuals are hardly provided nowadays and/or integrated with the system itself. So it "seems" like this is a more common thing, but in reality it's just that instruction manuals are obsolete now in this day in age.

@2B I'd rather have a lengthy booklet than risk my computer locking up and not being able to access said booklet on the computer itself.

@SleeprunnerInc said in My own personal problem With Redundancy ...:

@2B I'd rather have a lengthy booklet than risk my computer locking up and not being able to access said booklet on the computer itself.

I think it was more or less the time around when Windows 7 was introduced. ( To replace Vista.. CRINGES ), That's were - that whole asking if you want to do this, Or even if you wanted to do that. I know that you can turn of notifications in the control panel, But HOLY CRAP MS! at this point it should be called FUCKBOY OS!!

@DDDDLife Windows 10 for sure should be called that.

Honestly they should have continued updating the security and stuff for Windows 7 (Arguably the best OS) and then implemented Windows 8 solely on tablets and then have windows 10 for corporation usage since it doesn't even want to function properly for ''gamers''.

@SleeprunnerInc said in My own personal problem With Redundancy ...:

@DDDDLife Windows 10 for sure should be called that.

Honestly they should have continued updating the security and stuff for Windows 7 (Arguably the best OS) and then implemented Windows 8 solely on tablets and then have windows 10 for corporation usage since it doesn't even want to function properly for ''gamers''.

They can't handle one OS at a time (and they are currently handling 2). Fun times to see them trying 3.

aside from the long file checking time4 no problems here and i don't use tweaker