I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event

@CircularTuna687 said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

I am playing a video game to pass time why would anyone bring their views in this? lmao

@Mattwo7 said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

It's not like the game has politically-driven dystopian themes or anything.

I like America themed event. I get plenty of Ray weapons/Units out of this.

Now you all can report me for liking America.

@LapisWave said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

I like America themed event. I get plenty of Ray weapons/Units out of this.

Now you all can report me for liking America.

Reported for liking America, be better.

@Mattwo7 Since I do not want to imply your intent I will just ask you directly. When you say the game has politically-driven dystopian themes are you referring to the event? Or are you referring to the themes that were explored in the story mode?

It might seem like a silly question to you but to me the connection is a lot stronger with the latter but we are discussing the former. I'm just curious.

The funniest thing is when people who don't live in America or have ever been to America believe they can talk about America like they know America. Let's be clear- If you don't live here- all your "facts" and biases towards here have been filtered through the lens of the Media.. And there has been a very long fought war with the Media in the USA.. It's not as bad or as long-fought as China's(Thanks to different freedoms they do not have-) but it's still a dangerous war that has been going on for a long time.

The media does not want people to get along- it does not want peace between nations or unity of people living here. The media thrives on conflict- it's what people want to hear- it's what gives them views,clicks,ratings. If the world was peaceful then the media would have nothing to talk about.. They will straight up lie to you- they will crop videos to give you out of context things to see and change the headlines to make you believe said lies. They are not your friends and you shouldn't listen to them. Find the original source they cropped and modified and changed the story of- it won't be the same as what they told you.. I have endless examples of this but this isn't the time or place to talk about that.

tl;dr OP doesn't even live in the US and doesn't even follow this thread anymore as he said. so topic has shifted into purely political stances and I just wanted to say that if you're here arguing about stances and are basing it on things the media as told you- you really need to think for yourself and get out of the echochamber of lies and deceit and chase down real sources to make a proper deduction about the US.

@ViolaCrossfire said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

When you say the game has politically-driven dystopian themes are you referring to the event? Or are you referring to the themes that were explored in the story mode?

The later of course, though the former is relevant regardless as it is also political in nature. My point is just pointing out how absurd it is for people to complain about people bringing politics into video games discourse as though video games aren't political.

It's especially absurd when politics are a core theme of the story, as is the case in episodes 1-5 of PSO2 and the whole dystopia thing has been a reoccurring theme in Phantasy Star in general (the concept of Mother Brain from Phantasy Star II alone has come up a total of three times over three different continuities including PSII).

Granted, it'd be worse if it was a relatively more realistic game with heavy political themes like CoD, Bioshock (which is well known for de- and reconstructing the ideologies of Ayn Rand) or Command & Conquer but I digress.

@Mattwo7 said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

It's especially absurd when politics are a core theme of the story, as is the case in episodes 1-5 of PSO2 and the whole dystopia thing has been a reoccurring theme in Phantasy Star in general (the concept of Mother Brain from Phantasy Star II alone has come up a total of three times over three different continuities including PSII).

Then allow me to counter with a question. Does the politics discussed in the game affect the way the game plays/ the actions you take/ your agency? No it does not.

This in contrary to politics outside the game which can have a real effect on people. Suddenly it seems like escapism is a real reason for people to play this game right? I mean, it's not like the biggest escapist game in the world, which is also an MMO, contains political themes in its story while still offering escapism for millions regardless of political persuasion right?

@ViolaCrossfire I don't know why everyone always assumes playing video games is solely about escapism when it's already been scientifically proven to not be the case. Moreover, if that's why you yourself play, then why are you here in this cesspit of drama instead of playing the game?

@ViolaCrossfire I don't know why everyone always assumes playing video games is solely about escapism when it's already been scientifically proven to not be the case. Moreover, if that's why you yourself play, then why are you here in this cesspit of drama instead of playing the game?

Hmm. Not sure if white knight fanboi or vital-singaling soap boxer...

As well, would like to see credible citation that "scientifically proven" nobody has ever, will ever play this game (or any game) as a means as escape from some major, or minor stress or boredom.

@Viola-Lance said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

nobody has ever, will ever play this game (or any game) as a means as escape from some major, or minor stress or boredom.

Sure, just as soon as you tell me when I said that. Oh right, I didn't.

@Viola-Lance Also "white-knighting fanboi"? That's hilariously ironic! I guess you missed the post that started this entire tangent to begin with

@TessaFace4742 said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

Don't think on it too much, constantly considering the real world when playing an mmo will just stress you out when you should be enjoying a distraction.

What a consumerist mindset. Yes, let us engage in consuming [product] without asking questions. [brand] is your friend solely because they made something you can distract yourself from how bad reality is with.

It's not like the game has politically-driven dystopian themes or anything.

Just ignore the fact it's made by a Japanese company that historically has been biased against the US because PSP2 didn't sell well even though it was their fault for artificial scarcity leading to illegal downloads.

Just ignore the fact that the western releases of both PSO and PSU were mishandled and PSO2 doesn't look like it's really that much better with its slapdash translation, added fortnite battle pass to milk extra money, height slider issues and censored costumes.

@Viola-Lance said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

nobody has ever, will ever play this game (or any game) as a means as escape from some major, or minor stress or boredom.

Sure, just as soon as you tell me when I said that.

Citation needed for that scientifically proven...

Needs to be credible, and in MLA standards to be remotely taken seriously as well.

@ViolaCrossfire Oooooh I see where your confusion is now: Not sure what part of "solely" you didn't understand.

@ViolaCrossfire Oooooh I see where your confusion is now: Not sure what part of "solely" you didn't understand.

Still waiting for that scientifically proven fact...

@ViolaCrossfire Still waiting for you to tell me where I said something I didn't.