I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event

@Golbleen said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

@Alineah As stated, exceptions - nudity being allowed (rarely, but at all!) in M games is one of the few places America lets things get raunchier than Japan.

Either way, the game has already been altered twice due to executives complying with cultural differences. The first is minimum female character height, and the second is the addition of a new holiday event that didn't exist in JP. Execs will do whatever they want, with or without people like the OP.

I wouldn't consider this event as altered content in any way or form, if anything its just more content. The height slider however is indeed altered/removed content.

@TrekkiesUnite said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

Every country has a pretty filthy history. Learn from it and move on.

Yeah, and when your first reaction is to be shocked, angry, or to deflect when someone even bothers to allude to, mention, or acknowledge that "filthy history", that might mean you haven't learned a thing nor have you come to terms with it. You'd rather brush it under the rug and pretend it's not there at all, lmfao. This thread is a blow up but I'm glad the mods left it open for as long as they have. It's telling. #feedback

I am thankful this event is making it incredibly easy to get my Ray units. So cheers to that. 👌

what a worthless post, enjoy the game enjoy the event, this is just like the "change the name of the slave shooter post" major yikes

Leave this event alone. Ask for an event about your country to be included.

I'm just offended that there aren't any Hispanic events... QQ. I would also like to see samba maracas make a return. Half black/Hispanic and 100% american. I like this event.

This thread would be dead if people here knew how to walk away from a conversation. Stop waiting for a GM to lock the thread. If you want to see this thread die, collect your internet points and walk away.

@GrizzlyTrollton Careful with the length of those posts, the same guys demanding attention to intent and context will crop it out for an appealing quoteline to retort.

It's the same 5 posters who were on page 2 still posting here on page 23, longer and more persistently than op's "essays".

The circular collective logic, moving goalposts, and deflecting appeals to nihilism and consumerism tell us everything about these guys and what they really want.

@KLB600 Wow no regards to spoilers at all you just blatantly open up with a key point of episode 4. As a JPN player I'd rather people find these things out on their own accord since the pay off at the end is worth it. Also nothing you brought up challenges the idea that they are the ones that brought politics into the mix with their choices. I listed why other games avoid this sort of landmine and asian doesn't account for anything when the top MMO WoW isn't asian at all and many other games like Guild Wars, ESO, Runescape, SWTOR, etc.. again aren't Asian. Also episode 4 doesn't break the fourth wall it sounds like you need to play through all of it. Again they injected politics into the mix the reasoning doesn't matter so the toxicity of poltitical discourse hitting the game is an obvious outcome that could have been easily avoiding by merely looking at the history of those that came prior.

@Golbleen

Careful with the length of those posts, the same guys demanding attention to intent and context will crop it out for an appealing quoteline to retort.

The reason why the quotes are being cropped out is because most of the points have been addressed already, so why redundantly restate it?

It's the same 5 posters who were on page 2 still posting here on page 23, longer and more persistently than op's "essays".

And on Top of these 5 people many more have told TC essentially to go kick Rocks(and rightfully so)

The circular collective logic, moving goalposts, and deflecting appeals to nihilism and consumerism tell us everything about these guys and what they really want.

And yet that person you are replying to(and you) consistently twists peoples words and feigns woefull ignorance so it is what it is..

@Doam-Burger

Wow no regards to spoilers at all you just blatantly open up with a key point of episode 4. As a JPN player I'd rather people find these things out on their own accord since the pay off at the end is worth it.

this "key plot" is pretty much spoiled in the shopping area and trailer, so not a spoiler.

Also nothing you brought up challenges the idea that they are the ones that brought politics into the mix with their choices. I listed why other games avoid this sort of landmine and asian doesn't account for anything when the top MMO WoW isn't asian at all and many other games like Guild Wars, ESO, Runescape, SWTOR, etc.. again aren't Asian.

My point is that its speculative(why those MMO's don't do it), do you have proof of this? As to those games you listed, I stated why. lore reasons(Which this game and PSO in general isn't consistent with). Also this game isn't even a MMO technically and on top of this many Massively Globaly played games like League, Fortnite, Paladins, Overwatch and smite does this. Doesn't seem to be a political outlash there, so this American symbolism bringing huge issues into the community doesn't hold water when you take that into account

Also episode 4 doesn't break the fourth wall it sounds like you need to play through all of it.

lol of course it doesnt....

Again they injected politics into the mix the reasoning doesn't matter so the toxicity of poltitical discourse hitting the game is an obvious outcome that could have been easily avoiding by merely looking at the history of those that came prior.

Many have already addressed this, so I am not even going to dive further into it...Btw there is no actual outcry hitting the game, its literally 1 guy.

This thread legitimately should be moved to Off-Topic. It's been majority political debate for most of longevity.

@Vensaval I didn't even know we had an off-topic. gg mods, yikes.

Guys please, they are trying to get the totally helpful and productive feedback that one keyboard warrior is giving. Please be a little considerate.

23 pages of you guys trying to get this thread deleted, lmao.

If it bothers you that much mute it instead of getting offended.

"23 pages of nonsense that should be moved to Off-Topic since it's getting derailed already at the start. If you keep mentioning that it's off-topic then you're just being triggered!"

Did I sum that up correctly for you?