I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event

@NovaStarOne Now you have the right idea, lmao.

I wonder how far this thread will go untill a GM responds to it or just deletes it.

@Tarkus There's a song by Freak Kitchen called "Morons" that explains it simply enough. "Why do we let morons rule the world? Cause I'm a moron, too. And so, my friend, are you." If there is one good thing that comes out of all the controversy around Trump's administration it's that many, many people on the Left are finally waking up and seeing the puppet strings they've been dancing on for so many years.

@NovaStarOne I genuinely expected that to be playing in-game when I logged in, or at least an instrumental rendition of it to keep within ESRB ratings. It would really push the ridiculous satire of this whole thing.

@SleeprunnerInc GMs have already responded. They're "farming for feedback regarding future events," it would seem. Not sure whether that translates to "people want more representation so we're looking to design even more events like this" or "loudmouths are getting butt-hurt over this event, we're cancelling all such events to avoid further offending the perpetually offended blat-babies."

The game itself is the one who brought politics into itself you don't see events like this in any other MMO for a very clear reason. Thus its very short sided to be bashing someone for bringing politics in when the game itself is the one breaking the rule. So people are free to express themselves as for feedback from the GM's tying an MMO to the real world in such a way that they've done has always been a bad idea. Other MMO's celebrate the 4th with fireworks or tie it to an ingames nation of freedom when you tie it to the real world you bring in real world problems. You also damage the community splitting it between those who who follow blindly without thought and those that question which is also bad because it galvanzes a side into bashing any type of feedback.

Cancel culture needs to be cancelled itself. Let this thread die because Sega will clearly not listen to this kind of feedback.

The OP is the dang reason why devs are afraid to make games they want and instead cater to very loud (sometimes violent) people.

@GamerKillance and produce games that are dry, lifeless, dull, boring husks with no sense of culture or personality because doing so might hint at something that somebody might find offensive. Political correctness is a plague.

@zaffy2005 said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

@GamerKillance and produce games that are dry, lifeless, dull, boring husks with no sense of culture or personality because doing so might hint at something that somebody might find offensive. Political correctness is a plague.

It isn't even political correctness. It's people who want things removed they simply don't like. Last of us 2 is a great example of this. Devs stuck to their guns and made it the way they wanted it to. Currently the fastest and highest selling game of all time.

Devs just need some balls and Sega has plenty of that to be sure.

Its really sad How they want to run these Forums as if it were Facebook or something. One persons opinion matters, While others is just taken by the wayside, even though it is the MAJORITY!

@Doam-Burger said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

The game itself is the one who brought politics into itself you don't see events like this in any other MMO for a very clear reason. Thus its very short sided to be bashing someone for bringing politics in when the game itself is the one breaking the rule. So people are free to express themselves as for feedback from the GM's tying an MMO to the real world in such a way that they've done has always been a bad idea. Other MMO's celebrate the 4th with fireworks or tie it to an ingames nation of freedom when you tie it to the real world you bring in real world problems. You also damage the community splitting it between those who who follow blindly without thought and those that question which is also bad because it galvanzes a side into bashing any type of feedback.

PSO has had real world holidays in it all the way back to the Dreamcast games. If I remember correctly there was even a 4th of July lobby on Gamecube, Xbox, and Blue Burst. This event and it's data has been in PSO2 since it came out in Japan in 2012. It was just never activated for the Japanese servers.

This was just the Japanese devs saying "Hey we've put in data for all these Japanese centric holidays and events, so let's be nice and give the US players something too." If I remember correctly there's also data in the game for holidays like Thanksgiving and what not.

@DDDDLife said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

Its really sad How they want to run these Forums as if it were Facebook or something. One persons opinion matters, While others is just taken by the wayside, even though it is the MAJORITY!

Yet what's funny for real is while all this nonsense is allowed. GM send me messaged because I stated opinions.

Like moderate one way, or don't at all.

@Pulptenks said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

@DDDDLife said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

Yet what's funny for real is while all this nonsense is allowed. GM send me messaged because I stated opinions.

Like moderate one way, or don't at all.

Honestly this thread should have just been locked a long time ago.

@Doam-Burger

tying an MMO to the real world in such a way that they've done has always been a bad idea. Other MMO's celebrate the 4th with fireworks or tie it to an ingames nation of freedom when you tie it to the real world you bring in real world problems.

"Other MMO's" also don’t have you fighting the YAMAMOTO in a Gundam/mecha and being transported into an alternate universe to find out that what you have been infect playing is an MMO now do they?

I don't understand why people bring up this example of "Other MMO's" or "Staying Consistent with the lore." When PSO2 and SEGA JP have already made it apparent that they are not operating by the conventions set by "Other MMO's." The problem is you people keep looking at this point in a vacuum.

1. The reason why "Other MMO's" Don't do this, is because most MMO's are Asian games so its Asia market first with Westerners usually being an after thought. PSO2 doesn’t seem to be of this mind so its quite appreciative.

2. "Other MMO's" are trying to stick with a consistency within their ingame lore , that’s why most will substitute Ingame symbolism for real world iconography. PSO2 however does not take its self seriously, its incredibly tongue in cheek, it completely breaks the 4th wall with Episode 4. If you go into a game knowing you are going to be predisposed to this, then at this point taking offense is no ones fault but your own.

3. Sega are operating on a region by region bases, they want each region to have its own set identity. And I for one think this is nothing but a good thing. I am confused why people are apt for the same rigid boring cookie cutter experience that "Other MMO's" have been giving for over 2 decades?

@TrekkiesUnite said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

Honestly this thread should have just been locked a long time ago.

Of course it should of have. This is North American release officially and we get people from all over the world flocking to the game.

I'm Canadian personally, but this has been clearly based from anti-american OP.

@KLB600 said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

@Doam-Burger

tying an MMO to the real world in such a way that they've done has always been a bad idea. Other MMO's celebrate the 4th with fireworks or tie it to an ingames nation of freedom when you tie it to the real world you bring in real world problems.

Most MMO's also don’t have you fighting the YAMAMOTO in a Gundam/mecha and being transported into an alternate universe to find out that what you have been infect playing is an MMO now do they?

I don't understand why people bring up this example of "Most MMO's" or "Staying Consistent with the lore." When PSO2 and SEGA JP have already made it apparent that they are not operating by the conventions set by "Most MMO's." The problem is you people keep looking at this point in a vacuum.

1. The reason why most MMO's Don't do this, is because most MMO's are Asian games so its Asia market first with Westerners usually being an after thought. PSO2 doesn’t seem to be of this mind so its quite appreciative.

2. Most MMO's are trying to stick with a consistency within their ingame lore , that’s why most will substitute Ingame symbolism for real world iconography. PSO2 however does not take its self seriously, its incredibly tongue in cheek, it completely breaks the 4th wall with Episode 4. If you go into a game knowing you are going to be predisposed to this, then at this point taking offense is no ones fault but your own.

3. Sega are operating on a region by region bases, they want each region to have its own set identity. And I for one think this is nothing but a good thing. I am confused why people are apt for the same rigid boring cookie cutter experience that "Most MMO's" have been giving for over 2 decades?

Any arguments over lore and realism should be thrown out the window with this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPQAeeSN848&t=42m30s