I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event

@SleeprunnerInc

As I mentioned, a Censored version? clearly Sega JP wants to pay homage to the actual culture as they do so in South East Asia and JP, but we just get the Censored version?

I am sorry but we are just not going to see eye to eye with this.

@SleeprunnerInc said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

@TrekkiesUnite As I said, it ultimately brings in politics long as it has anything to do with IRL places or things.

Why is it YAMATO?

Because the bad guy is a Japanese Military History Otaku and the Yamato was the biggest battleship Japan ever made. It would be like if the guy was an American Military History fan and he summoned the USS Enterprise. There's nothing political there, it's just a big navy ship. If you get politics out of that, then you're reading too much into it and getting things out of it that's not actually there.

@KLB600 And that's completely fine.

I'm playing around with you guys over this issue since I don't care about what is right and wrong.

I'm offering alternatives, compromises.

Heck the whole point is to discuss if these are things worth having or if there is a better way to do it.

We could have gotten cool american biker stuff or weapons, hell, why not give us american voice tickets for famous american characters!

@TrekkiesUnite said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

@SleeprunnerInc said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

@TrekkiesUnite As I said, it ultimately brings in politics long as it has anything to do with IRL places or things.

Why is it YAMATO?

Because the bad guy is a Japanese Military History Otaku and the Yamato was the biggest battleship Japan ever made. It would be like if the guy was an American Military History fan and he summoned the USS Enterprise. There's nothing political there, it's just a big navy ship. If you get politics out of that, then you're reading too much into it and getting things out of it that's not actually there.

Notice what I am getting at?

People will always read too much in to stuff.

I've been saying that to ya multiple times.

Notice what I am getting at?

People will always read too much in to stuff.

I've been saying that to ya multiple times.

And you deal with those kind of people by not giving them the attention they are trying to get and telling them to go pound sand. Which is what should have been done with this thread.

@TURION-MOONSTAR said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

@TrekkiesUnite no spoilers!!!!!!! That episode doesn't come out here in North America August and I haven't finished episode two yet

Oops...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veuVnrPB4DM

@TrekkiesUnite So why did you feel the need to post and give attention to it?

It's counteractive to post in to something you disagree with multiple times if you don't want to give it the time and effort.

Enough already everyone just STFU

@TrekkiesUnite So why did you feel the need to post and give attention to it?

To point out how silly and dumb this whole thing is.

@TrekkiesUnite So basically you only want to come here to not actually talk about it but rather that it would get closed cause you don't want it to exist and thus want it to be shut down cause it doesn't fit your own views and opinions?

Just asking.

It would be mighty easier to unwatch this thread and move on.

@TURION-MOONSTAR said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

Enough already everyone just STFU

Might as well stay faw away from this here topic. It's a shitstorm anyways lol.

@Tomoe I find it funny that if people want this thread to end or not see it, they could just ignore it and not post in it and leave it to the people who DO want to talk about it.

Why is it so hard to just walk away?

@SleeprunnerInc

I am not the most Patriotic person, nor do I even Celebrate 4th of july...

But tell me how does Bikers and American actors represent U.S's "Independence" or what Independence day is in regards to U.S culture and History, what did a bunch of actors do for this Independence?

This just comes off as very Reductionist, if you cant even be bothered to show the stars and stripes, why bother at all.

@KLB600 For me Bikers represent living free and just having a blast, so it would fit the narrative of independence day which celebrates freedom, liberty etc.

As for actors, I just brought that up as an example of what they could have done as something that fits america, especially GI Joe or anything else that is a stable of American culture.

@TrekkiesUnite So basically you only want to come here to not actually talk about it but rather that it would get closed cause you don't want it to exist and thus want it to be shut down cause it doesn't fit your own views and opinions?

If you want to have a discussion about racism and imperialism than either go make one in off topic or go to Reddit. In the context of this event, there's nothing to discuss really. It's just a holiday and if you don't like it then don't participate.

But what caught my attention was GMs posting that Sega could take this as possible feedback. My feedback is that the OP needs to grow thicker skin and that there's nothing wrong with this holiday event. Keep it.

It would be mighty easier to unwatch this thread and move on.

Possibly, but less entertaining.

@SleeprunnerInc Thats a huge Reach but ok.

I tried to make this work, but we will have to agree to disagree..

The event is fine, the symbols are accurate and should stay so. That's my final word on the matter.

@TrekkiesUnite The GM's take in to consideration every single thing we say more or less.

Telling someone to get a thicker skin is not good feedback.

And if there's nothing to discuss, then why post?

For attention? A few laughs? A chuckle?

Maybe for a bed time story or something to share on tumblr on how someone got insulted by an event in a videogame.

Heck if we go the route of feedback that you said then: You need to go outside more.

(The meanest but nicest feedback.)

@KLB600 And it's fine to disagree.

But telling people to shut up or that they cannot voice their opinion is not the way to go as many have tried to do here.