I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event

@Nuebot I think they meant to type national. I know, on my tablet at least, the auto correct function loves to swap one entire word, for another. Can't say that's what happened here, but it was most likely an auto corrected typo.

@Anarchy-Marine said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

@Nuebot I think they meant to type national. I know, on my tablet at least, the auto correct function loves to swap one entire word, for another. Can't say that's what happened here, but it was most likely an auto corrected typo.

Entirely possible, I tend to take people at their word and not assume otherwise. If that is what they meant then my apologies.

I love this event and it makes me proud to be American Thank you for the special event PSO2 team!

Thank you for this event and helping people get their Ray units and more! I love the design of the lobby though I wish the music is a little more patriotic. I wish the UQ also have the Vegas theme but this bgm is ok. The cosmetics and emotes are great and free to obtain!

I know there's anti American sentiment here, but the principles and ideals should be represented as our country was founded on them.

We hold these truths to be self-evident: That all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. ~Thomas Jefferson

It's something we should always strive even after 250 years of this country. Even if the country have it's flaws and troubles, I still love this country and what it represents for all Americans living today.

@NeirasRothmagia https://youtu.be/eBPqksG9nbA this is for you buddy ol' pal. Retard Alert

Ok, just got to put my 2 cents out here...

First off, contrary to what some people living in a state of absolute, mind-numbing denial WANT to believe, America is NOT the inventor of all evil, nor the sole perpetrator of all evil, nor the origin of all evil, nor the inspiration of all evil, so get your feckin' head out of whatever mite-infested hole you've shoved it in.

Second, and continuing along that strain, OTHER countries which have provided influence in this and other games (including Japan itself) are ALSO guilty of "great evils" and "widespread oppression" and yes, even genocide. And Japan (from which a TON of "influence" and "inspiration" is injected into this game), need I remind you, sided with ADOLPH FREAKIN' HITLER in WWII. So, yea, that soap box/high horse you're on? Get off it. You're making an ass of yourself.

Third, as others have already stated Independence Day is NOT a "political statement," it is a remembrance of those who stood AGAINST tyranny, AGAINST oppression, AGAINST an empire that was responsible for 99% of the "evil" you ignorantly blame on Americans (and oh, just to be clear, the British Empire didn't "invent" any of that BS, either). So your argument about "keeping politics out of gaming" is as ignorant as it is hypocritical given YOUR politically-charged, propaganda-fueled "monkey-flinging-poo" impersonation here.

Fourthly, who the actual f* do you think you are lumping damn near 350 MILLION people into a single box like that? There's a word for that kind of thing: bigotry, and it is NOT welcome here. Or anywhere for that matter.

Fifth, before you go spewing a bunch of offensive generalizations and demonstrating a complete and utter ignorance of history, you might want to do some ACTUAL research. Might learn a thing or two.

Sixth, until and unless you're going to demand ALL "cultural influences" and ALL "holidays" and ALL "seasonal events" and, in essence any and all reference to literally ANYTHING anywhere on Earth (up to and including human beings themselves) be completely removed from the game because SOMEBODY somewhere MIGHT be as closed-minded, empty-headed, and hypocritical as you and be "offended" by their own ignorance...quite frankly sit down and shut up. Again, you're making an ass of yourself and mindlessly insulting hundreds of millions of people with your bigotry.

Last but certainly not least: You don't like it, you don't have to play. Your ignorant, hypocritical, and overtly hateful attitude will NOT be missed.

@Anarchy-Marine said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

Plenty of games have had 4th of July seasonal events, with American symbols. You for instance mention WoW, made by Blizzard, but you neglected Overwatch, and it's inclusion of many holiday events, including America's 4th of July, as well of its many other worldly season events. Said game is also made by Blizzard. Fallout 76 also has it's Forth of July seasonal events, and even the MMO Black Desert online has had a variation of it. These are just some examples.

Yeah I'm confused as to why TC made such a silly statement, I cant tell if his gaming background is very small or he was just cherry picking games that confirm his bias. I can Vouch for BDO as I play it. He mentions City of Heroes(Set in A fictional city) but should be aware GTA Online which would be an American Based game set in fictional San Andreas does this. The Division did this, Fortnight does this(hell it even referred to its costumes as "Patriotic") Mortal Kombat did it, League of legends, Paladins, Smite and more have done it

Also TC you should be aware that even though you were playing on the NA servers of those games, they were still considers 'Global" games So a specific country holiday like 4th of July wouldn’t make sense in that Context. For example FFXI(as you mentioned) and FFXIV were Global games where you could connect to any Data center that you want and Play with EU or JP. This game you are playing now isnt a Global game, this is NA. specifically U.S and Canada. So technically the only real foul here is Canada not getting anything.

@KLB600 Doesn't Canada have their own celebration of independence, or something equal to it? If I'm being honest here, I don't know every countries national holidays, as I'm still learning them. Regardless, I wouldn't mind if Canada also got some sort of event. More content, more things to earn, and I'm all for that.

It's encouraging to see that 'some' people in this community can respectfully disagree and calmly discuss this topic. I can see where OP is coming from, but since this event is coming from a Japanese development team (and considering how over-the-top it is) I can't help but see it as more of a 'parody' of American culture. Also, I 'do' want the developers to have enough lee-way in the future so that they aren't afraid to use imagery that is traditionally tied to religious/political things, but has become increasingly more secular (Christmas Trees, "Turkey Day", Easter Eggs, ect).

@NeirasRothmagia said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

I love this game, but I feel very disapointed in it in light of the decision to include an event glorifying the United States of America, especially at this particular time. While to some symbols like the American flag and Uncle Sam might seem harmless, to me and many others they are painful icons of conquest, oppression, exploitation, hate and murder. The USA's extensive history and ongoing actions of genocide and human rights violations in addition to its authoritarian and racist government and head of state should speak for themselves as to why this is. I hope that in the future SEGA will be sensitive to the fact that the continent of North America includes countries other than the USA, such as Canada, Mexico and Carribean states, which have been and continue to be the victims of direct and indirect abuses by the USA. Furthermore, within these countries as well as the USA itself are members, descendants or relatives of groups of people who have been targetted and continue to be targetted by the US for oppression, exploitation and genocide. I don't expect SEGA to do anything about it now, though I would like an apology and the removal of these items with explicitly American iconography from the game, I think it would be a good idea to avoid the use of the flags and symbols of real world nations and organizations in the future given their complex and often problematic histories, except when called for by in-universe conditions such as in Episode 4.

gtfo with your politics please. Don't force your narratives on us.

@NeirasRothmagia @KLB600

Honestly I am always interested in all kinds of topics, views, arguments etc and try my best to approach them with an open mind.

That's why what KLB said interested me extremely.

Let's think about this for a second, what if the 4th of july celebration also had Canada day in it and the Columbian celebration where they all rotate on the center stage for a few hours at a time.

Would that be a better view as they would be supporting all three and sharing their joyous celebrations with everyone?

I am aware that the US is doing alot of bad stuff towards the northern part of itself courtesy of the current president and overall government.

However we have to take in to account that they only act this way long as the current politicians are as they are so if you want to change this you would have to go vote and try and muster up enough people to start a change.

The game celebration is sort of a good answer for this as it calls you to action towards reaching the freedom and equilibrium by encouraging you to fix things up and to not give up even if all seems lost.

As for what comes to the European mindset (Mostly finnish), we've always had bad blood with russia, but we also don't really care much when they don't bother us.

Same reason with sweden due to our history of being manned by sweden and annexed to them and then being invaded by russian and becoming part of it until we managed to break out of Russia due to the USSR crash.

Then we had our winter war with them courtesy of WW2 which ultimately became one of the biggest ''jokes'' that Russia had ever done in a war effort. (The decimation of russian forces was insane VS the Finns.)

We had lots of songs by people referencing and joking about it and we also do joke about it daily.

Since what is done is done.

Way too many people pushing their politically correctness in a harmless videogame celebration of a national holiday. Seriously FOH.

I would like to take a second and remind everyone to CALM DOWN.

This is a loaded topic to many of you and each and every single one of you is completely entitled to your opinions, voices, arguments etc.

Do try and approach topics with an open mind and calmly, rationally talk about it.

Flinging rude comments at each other is NOT rational nor open minded.

IF you do not like OP's view, you can safely say: I respectfully disagree with your view.

Don't go on a rant and start cussing out and wildly flinging this and that at the guy even if what he said is something you do not like.

You can always link counter arguments from history topics and so on to argue with him calmly.

Otherwise I respectfully ask that you all take a moment, grab a cold one of any kind and sit down to relax and enjoy this comically parodied event of the independence day.

@GM-Deynger said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

@NeirasRothmagia said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

With that said, I would like to thank you for your continued commentary, which has always been calm and conciliatory thus far, adding a much needed touch of grace to this thread.

This is why we're allowing this thread to continue. So long as everyone is enjoying the discussion and responding in a calm and meaningful way. And yes, the feedback can (and will be) used for "future" content.

Now one extreme left user has gone and scared the staff into considering changes to future content. Cancel culture is extremely effective. Funny how these days a small number of unhappy people can ruin things for everyone else.

@Natty-Boh-man said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

@GM-Deynger said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

With that said, I would like to thank you for your continued commentary, which has always been calm and conciliatory thus far, adding a much needed touch of grace to this thread.

This is why we're allowing this thread to continue. So long as everyone is enjoying the discussion and responding in a calm and meaningful way. And yes, the feedback can (and will be) used for "future" content.

Now one extreme left user has gone and scared the staff into considering changes to future content. Cancel culture is extremely effective. Funny how these days a small number of unhappy people can ruin things for everyone else.

Glad I'm not the only one appalled by their decision to keep this thread open, it's literally only one person who feels so offended by the presence of Red, White, and Blue together on a rectangle. The vocal minority ruins too much shit nowadays.