I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event

This post is deleted!

@ldoIatrous How does one prove that such an event never showed up for independence day in JP? That's just a silly comment.

Just ask the JP players I guess, I played JP and in all my memory a big Independence day event with a lobby change just never happened.

Actually one better - Look through the old JP events yourself on the PSUBlog on bumped.

@I-UsagiTsuki-I said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

And anyway, are you gona ask to remove Yamato UQ because of what happened in WWII? -.-

I'll have to see it in context before I judge it, but based on what I've read and watched it seems like the Yamato (a symbol of Japanese imperialism) is presented as an adversary, which I think is an apporpriate role for symbols of real world imperialism if one has to make an appearance in a video game. Depending on how its executed, it might actually be an inspiring gesture of a people vilifying, fighting and destroying their imperialist past, a ceremonial rejection of the evil that they once were.

As I mentioned previously, the lack of context or criticism for the symbols presented in this event is one of the main problems I have with them. They are presented largely without commentary or with a neutral to positive light, and are presented as things the protagonists, who are largely portrayed positively as good and heroic people, would aspire to aquire and wear. This erases the negative history associated with these symbols, and if we are to accept them as symbols of good, I think we need to see the same kind of ceremonial rejection of past evils associated with these symbols that I presume the Yamato battle entails. If we fought an evil Uncle Sam or some kind of fifty star flag monster trying to manifest their destiny all over the Oracle Fleet, preferably with us being assisted by a more universally positive US symbol like the Statue of Liberty to let them know not to tread on us, I would be more willing to accept the presence of a good Uncle Sam or fifty star flag (provided that they're involved in this rejecting of past wrongs) and likely wouldn't have made a thread about it.

Just uninstall and let this thread finally die.

@NeirasRothmagia said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

@I-UsagiTsuki-I said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

And anyway, are you gona ask to remove Yamato UQ because of what happened in WWII? -.-

I'll have to see it in context before I judge it, but based on what I've read and watched it seems like the Yamato (a symbol of Japanese imperialism) is presented as an adversary, which I think is an apporpriate role for symbols of real world imperialism if one has to make an appearance in a video game. Depending on how its executed, it might actually be an inspiring gesture of a people vilifying, fighting and destroying their imperialist past, a ceremonial rejection of the evil that they once were.

As I mentioned previously, the lack of context or criticism for the symbols presented in this event is one of the main problems I have with them. They are presented largely without commentary or with a neutral to positive light, and are presented as things the protagonists, who are largely portrayed positively as good and heroic people, would aspire to aquire and wear. This erases the negative history associated with these symbols, and if we are to accept them as symbols of good, I think we need to see the same kind of ceremonial rejection of past evils associated with these symbols that I presume the Yamato battle entails. If we fought an evil Uncle Sam or some kind of fifty star flag monster trying to manifest their destiny all over the Oracle Fleet, preferably with us being assisted by a more universally positive US symbol like the Statue of Liberty to let them know not to tread on us, I would be more willing to accept the presence of a good Uncle Sam or fifty star flag (provided that they're involved in this rejecting of past wrongs) and likely wouldn't have made a thread about it.

Wait a little while longer. You'd be surprised

@Skyfir51 hey no spoilers!!!!!! I haven't finished episode two yet and 4 doesn't arrive here in the USA until August

@Novaline said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

Just uninstall and let this thread finally die.

Pretty much. LOL He should just uninstall it.

@TURION-MOONSTAR Fixed... my bad <_>

As someone that's from Canada, I'm already used to games (and pretty much everything really) ignoring Canada 75% of the time. When they say North America, what they really mean is mostly United States, and Canada can join too, maybe, but they just need to stay still as America's hat. I don't know how many times I've read something being released to "North America" (usually limited time stuff), but then no matter where you look, it's only available from the United States. Why fucking bother saying NA, just say US. FFS.

Anyways, I digress. It's a game, not reality. It's free shit. I won't ever buy/use the US themed items, but I'll take everything else.

"This thread needs to die!"

Also people: don't have the sense enough to stop posting so it gets buried instead.

Why is it so hard for people on the internet to realize the best way to stop discussion about something you don't like is to not respond ?

@NeirasRothmagia Are you gonna uninstall or continue playing or what? If A. Why are you still here making historical/political essays on something you dislike? If B. Why are you still here making historical/political essays instead of playing. Genuine question.

I mean, what is next?!

"Call Greenpeace or Peta!" because we are killing animals in the GAME? Or are we all Nazis because we are invading Alien planets?

Seriously, come on! 😅

@NeirasRothmagia Unfortunately in Europe, that would be seen differently due to the mentality that people in Europe have.

Russia is one of the biggest jokes on the planet and thus even if we celebrated their iconic military parades etc, it would be widely accepted and left as is.

However were Russia in a state of civil war etc, it would be treated differently as currently America is suffering from fightings inside of itself and those have spread outwards which is why this event is seen more negatively than it would normally be seen as.

That's the difference between periods of peace and uneasiness.

I can totally understand your view on this subject as that is your opinion and views on it.

However this is largely to try and celebrate a nice thing even if it has a very bad past.

And on top of that, we could always argue that the PSO2 Independence day event is to celebrate America turning in to something good.

So take that in to consideration.

Shame ill never get to see this lobby cant get the software to run yet i have had no problems with the Jap. version of this game. Now both versions of this game wont load . They need to shut this game down for maintince to get the tecnicall glitches out this game, this game was in no way ready for launch in the US. They can start by giveing this game its own launcher independent from any other software program.

I'm honestly surprised anyone is offended by this even - it's a ginormou tongue in cheek event done in the vein of "How Japan sees the USA". It's honestly fan-friggen tastic. Over the top Uncle Same meets All Might meets Captain America costume? Check. Roller Skate Waitress costume that hasn't been relevant since the 1960s? Damn right that's a check.

A Las Vegas VR Mission that's about fighting evil clowns with chainsaws, giant tanks, and running around a neon bright city that looks NOTHING like Vegas (But still has Palm Trees, even though Vegas has, like, two), because...well..America!

This is the exact kind of event I think we need right now to just cut back, laugh at the absurdity of how we must look to other countries, and just have a good time. Because at the end of the day - there's no political statement here being made. It's just having some fun mixed with a bit of satire and tongue in cheek humor. You don't consider Fallout a political message for how it portrays America, you shouldn't consider PSO2 one either for their silly Independence Day event.