I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event

@kozue said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

@NeirasRothmagia go back to mexico this is NA server

understandable have a nice day

This post is deleted!

@Morgothryuzaki said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

@Macmaxi yo,how did you manage to have it all already? I have only 97 badges

How'd you get that much already? O.o only at 34 myself qq unless you're using alts?

I knew this shit would be brought up. Just waiting to see one on Reddit now since there's on on Twitter lmao.

IMO in all of this. Yeaaah, with all that's going on it kinda feels weird and you may claim SEGA being tone deaf. If it makes you feel better, SEGA did put a statement how they back up and donated to BLM. So they aren't doing this out of spite. It's just a fun thing to do.

Just ignore all the political irl shit and just enjoy the event in this game. Hell, most people don't even care about July 4th irl, they just wanna day off and eat BBQ lmao.

I have an idea.

Lets celebrate the Finnish indepence too cause NO ONE would get hurt by it right?

Honestly, while I personally don't like the whole ''MURICA'' thing myself, it still looks cool and It's an NA version so of course there's bound to be stuff like that.

Let them celebrate their indepence day if they want to, its their right to do so.

Sure the worlds a piece of poopoo right now and america is burning here and there but come on.

Do we really need to burn a HOLIDAY and turn it in to something bad instead of trying to make it something good?

We don't get good things by removing stuff, we get good things by changing them and adding to them so the bad stuff loses its meaning.

Hi all, chiming in here. Some of you are calling for this thread to be removed, and while we considered it, we do believe in allowing everyone the opportunity to speak, so long as no Community Guidelines are violated. To that end, some comments have been/will be "pruned," and just know that we are watching to ensure that further discussion continues in a civilized and respectful manner. Thank you!

@GM-Deynger I mean,I do apologize if I went a little hard on the topic myself. But frankly these whole 'my people got hurt by x or y' really piss me off. Yeah I get it and I feel for ya. But its a game,leave those hurts at the front door and enjoy yourself.

@Morgothryuzaki said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

on the topic myself. But frankly these whole 'my people got hurt by x or y' really piss me off. Yeah I get it and I feel for ya. But its a game,leave those hurts at the front door and enjoy yourself.

Your opinion is understood, but remember that just because you don't feel the same way about something, that doesn't mean others aren't entitled to their feelings. In the end, ideally we would like everyone to take this less seriously and enjoy the game for what it is, a game. But the end result may be different based upon the individual and their thoughts/experiences/unique challenges in life.

@GM-Deynger Well I cannot deny that I do understand where they are coming from and I am not saying they don't have the right to feel a certain way. But to go out of their way and expect some kind of removal and apology? I mean just don't play during that event then. Anyways,I'll leave it at that to avoid some sort of drama lmao.

I had a big stupid grin on my face because I saw the big ol statue of liberty which i personally associate with NYC, born and grown.

Despite me being black myself and while the riots and shit happening the few weeks, this game has been an escape for me and it's allowed me to mentally heal.

When I saw all the red, white and blue and makes me think of BBQs and playing on the streets with the hydrant blasting water, reminds me of good times.

I love the people of this country. I don't like the people who run it but dammit, I love the cultural melting pot that is America.

Hello everyone! Let's just enjoy what the game is offering right now. We are all in this together and any kind of toxicity is not welcome.

@Lorient Who said I was upset? Yes, this is a game created by sega and they have every right to do as they please. I told people not to support it if they have a few problems with it. That’s the only logical thing to do

But what I’m not going to do is be a patriotic NPC and ignore why people find this event distasteful

@GM-Bleed said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

Hello everyone! Let's just enjoy what the game is offering right now. We are all in this together and any kind of toxicity is not welcome.

would like to give a ❤

@SalutexMO Again, in my opinion, this is people (many not from the US) coming into a US/CAN server and thentelling them not to celebrate a us holiday. To me, I find that very entitled. It would be one thing to say not to celebrate a confederate themed holiday, but Independence Day is a pretty common holiday in many countries (albeit under different names).

@Lorient that is very true (the independent day having many different names).

In consideration, this particular event has images of USA's independence day, but it is through all of July, so it will also be celebrating Canada day! (I'm trying!)

They do relate it to the ARKS, though. Maybe since it is a month long event they could incorporate more things to relate to other country's celebrations of independence in the future?

Of course right now the focus is NA, which means that Canada should be brought into the spotlight as well, but maybe as the global audience expands officially there can be additions.