I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event

It would be similarly insensitive to neglect to include the most important holiday from one of the major superpowers of the world in their own region, wouldn't it?

Is it offensive for Steam to have a lunar new year sale due to human rights violations in China?

I contend it is not. Celebrations are times people should come together, not divide one another over cultural bounds.

You say you don't hold these thoughts agaisnt the American people for they suffer under their regime as well, and this is very true, but nationalism is a bad word these days, isn't it? For example, it's wrong for Britons to be proud of their countries because of imperialism. It's wrong for- I would go on for many countries, almost all of them in fact, but it would be insensitive.

People need to stop bickering about nonsense and go play the game.

@FluffsuneGaming

I honestly don't understand why the mods are even letting this topic stay open. All it does is breed negativity and bullying and I'm tired of seeing it especially with what just happened on twitch.

@NeirasRothmagia First off, you don't have a single clue what genocide is. Based on your own description here. You are actually 100% a sheltered ingrate who doesn't understand, deserve, or appreciate what you have in America. Nothing more than another dumbed down and brain washed by social media spoiled child who needs to get some actual perspective before you open your mouth with your self entitled opinions. Do yourself a favor you perpetual child and lose your phone for a couple years. Learn to think for yourself before you regurgitate crap political talking points of your favorite social media group / blogger / media disinformation campaign. The reality is that America has provided more wealth and prosperity to more people than has EVER BEEN ACHIEVED by any single nation in the entire history of humanity. George Orwell has an excellent essay about exactly your kind. You're empty because your life is too easy and sheltered so you want something to fight for so you can feel good about yourself. Now you're clinging onto bullshit to try to virtue signal and feel like some kind of 'good guy' when you're actually just a lazy ingrate who wants to make excuses for yourself and blame others for your own inability and stupidity. Some good advice for you. Stay away from social media and reddit. Also pick up these books, The Demon Haunted World by Carl Sagan and Lying With Statistics by Charles Dawkins. Now go be disappointed and depressed because your peaceful life is too easy.

This is the most antiamerican post I've ever seen. You need to log off the internet for a few days. Leave the event alone y'all are being incredibly disrespectful.

@Alevity I don't think your post was respectful either. Person is still American even if you disagree with them. Personally I wasn't bothered by the event, an excuse for me to farm badges. That's all I have to say on the matter. /thread

how are you still feeding this thread

The fact this thread is still open while the mods mysteriously drag their feet is just showing me the development team seem to hold some prejudice against North America. This topic violates the terms of service.

They've got energy to moderate and delete the highest activity thread we had about opening Ship 4 and the awful PC launch, but magically ran out of moderation juice when users straight up break the terms of service and engage in discriminatory, politically motivated hate behavior, which has nothing to do with PSO2.

Remember they used the fact some blockheads were arguing in the Ship 4 thread as a pretense to delete it, instead of just removing those posts and the users from posting there, but magically everything here remains intact, along with the thread being up.

The only conclusion is the development team and moderation team here is both supportive and tolerant of discrimination and hate, as long as it's something they personally agree with, and thus don't feel the need to enforce their terms of service about. It's a complete double standard. Even on a principle level.

After the joke that was PC launch, and now this shameful display, I'm 100% off the trainwreck that is this game and this team. Imagine how tone deaf you would need to be to leave this thread open when this is the NA server forums. It's malicious neglect on behalf of every single moderator who works here. I've privately messaged them about the issue, they asked some hollow questions about what I'm talking about as if this thread isn't as big as the ship 4 thread was, and after being linked here directly, they are all magically offline and radio silent.

The only proof I see from the actions of this team and their moderators is that they are anti-North America, anti-customer, and anti-playerbase. As a North American and a potential customer, I assure you I have completely lost all interest in anything related to this product, and will aggressively inform any and all people I know who even show an inkling of interest in this joke of a game - to avoid it at all costs, and spend zero money whatsoever.

What a disgusting way to waste the golden opportunity in bringing this game to west. Oh well. No point in losing sleep over a decade old product, when the team behind it's western release doesn't have 10% of the talent or integrity of the people who actually develop the original. Bye.

No Aeon, I think it's been that way with many topics, not just this one. I don't think there is any prejudice here.

@AeonXIII said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

snip

I don't really agree in destroying the thread because no one agrees- in my experience.. When a thread is deleted it creates the example of what a thread needs in order to be deleted and that turns into a spiral of people attempting to close threads they don't like in the same way- the whole.. Well X thread was deleted because this- and this one isn't? How Hypocritical!.. This will be my last post and as long as it stops being bumped it should die- but seems like a lot of people are invested in defending America or just disagreeing with the OP- which is fine.. Since I definitely don't agree in any form that content should be removed for any reason- and i've seen much much better reasons to remove content than this one. But OP himself stated if he was met with widespread disapproval he would give up and he has- so the thread has derailed from people arguing the point to just "f yeah america" ...

Speaking of which- this was my character.
( https://i.gyazo.com/ad6853f32d7eaa7d9770c8f5b2089fec.mp4 )

I understand your unwillingness to support the game completely though- I also refuse to throw money out until height changes are reverted and I can make sure future content won't be censored and watered down. I would like to play on NA because of first time players getting more accustomed to the game around people that are doing the same content and are English speaking without being left too far in the dust. But I can't support a game that is inferior in every other way- I will accept we will lose out on certain licensed collabs but not removal of content for no reason whatsoever.

@AeonXIII said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

The fact this thread is still open while the mods mysteriously drag their feet is just showing me the development team seem to hold some prejudice against North America. This topic violates the terms of service.

They've got energy to moderate and delete the highest activity thread we had about opening Ship 4 and the awful PC launch, but magically ran out of moderation juice when users straight up break the terms of service and engage in discriminatory, politically motivated hate behavior, which has nothing to do with PSO2.

Remember they used the fact some blockheads were arguing in the Ship 4 thread as a pretense to delete it, instead of just removing those posts and the users from posting there, but magically everything here remains intact, along with the thread being up.

The only conclusion is the development team and moderation team here is both supportive and tolerant of discrimination and hate, as long as it's something they personally agree with, and thus don't feel the need to enforce their terms of service about. It's a complete double standard. Even on a principle level.

After the joke that was PC launch, and now this shameful display, I'm 100% off the trainwreck that is this game and this team. Imagine how tone deaf you would need to be to leave this thread open when this is the NA server forums. It's malicious neglect on behalf of every single moderator who works here. I've privately messaged them about the issue, they asked some hollow questions about what I'm talking about as if this thread isn't as big as the ship 4 thread was, and after being linked here directly, they are all magically offline and radio silent.

The only proof I see from the actions of this team and their moderators is that they are anti-North America, anti-customer, and anti-playerbase. As a North American and a potential customer, I assure you I have completely lost all interest in anything related to this product, and will aggressively inform any and all people I know who even show an inkling of interest in this joke of a game - to avoid it at all costs, and spend zero money whatsoever.

What a disgusting way to waste the golden opportunity in bringing this game to west. Oh well. No point in losing sleep over a decade old product, when the team behind it's western release doesn't have 10% of the talent or integrity of the people who actually develop the original. Bye.

Don't blame you either, if your post gets remove and you get warned, they don't even have the decency to tell you what you said until after the fact. I got suspended for 3 days because of "rude" remarks, but the irony is that what I said was nothing compared to some of the replies I've seen in this thread, let alone others that still go on in other threads.

Their moderation likes to pick and choose what to remove, it's worse than Reddit. The game is fine, I like the game. I don't plan on dealing with the forums much anymore after that experience, however. Being silenced due to giving a blunt opinion is still giving an opinion.

@Novaline said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

Don't blame you either, if your post gets remove and you get warned, they don't even have the decency to tell you what you said until after the fact. I got suspended for 3 days because of "rude" remarks, but the irony is that what I said was nothing compared to some of the replies I've seen in this thread, let alone others that still go on in other threads.

Their moderation likes to pick and choose what to remove, it's worse than Reddit. The game is fine, I like the game. I don't plan on dealing with the forums much anymore after that experience, however. Being silenced due to giving a blunt opinion is still giving an opinion.

I completely agree, I think that they are more prone to being unjustifiably offended in remarks that compared to others are just down right rude verbatim. I don't know their mentality as this point and yes, far worse than Reddit and just as bad as Facebook. They have no backbone whatsoever, They expect everyone to sugarcoat any conversation, Because for whatever they seem to think that we don't know any better. Threads that were completely wrong, we left to go astray. But what can be said, when one is completely outraged ? My hands are tied and IF I were to say exactly what I think and How I feel about them, Well let's just say I won't be here no more. They want everything to be just "Rainbows and Unicorns." ( It's a good thing that I will never get to meet these individuals in person, It would not be a pretty sight.)

It's just a flag. It has no wants, desires, or hatreds. I know there was a whole thing a few years ago about how the stars and stripes are a hateful symbol, and the same was touted about the Union Jack here in the UK. Utter drivel, they're simply flags that identify a nation.

Don't think on it too much, constantly considering the real world when playing an mmo will just stress you out when you should be enjoying a distraction.

We are ARKS, we fight monsters in space and goof off in the lobby. There need be nothing more than that.

@TessaFace4742 said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

Don't think on it too much, constantly considering the real world when playing an mmo will just stress you out when you should be enjoying a distraction.

What a consumerist mindset. Yes, let us engage in consuming [product] without asking questions. [brand] is your friend solely because they made something you can distract yourself from how bad reality is with.

It's not like the game has politically-driven dystopian themes or anything.

Just ignore the fact it's made by a Japanese company that historically has been biased against the US because PSP2 didn't sell well even though it was their fault for artificial scarcity leading to illegal downloads.

Just ignore the fact that the western releases of both PSO and PSU were mishandled and PSO2 doesn't look like it's really that much better with its slapdash translation, added fortnite battle pass to milk extra money, height slider issues and censored costumes.

@NeirasRothmagia

sorry I can't take you seriously.

I am playing a video game to pass time why would anyone bring their views in this? lmao

What a joke.