I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event

Ooof, things are just going to get worse when they inevitably add a Thanksgiving event with pilgrim costumes and plains-style war bonnets. They already passed St. Patrick's day and there's not a whole lot of other major commercially-driven US holidays that the Japanese version doesn't already have.

Maybe we'll get some Canadian ones like boxing day though? Although, Canada Day is tomorrow so we probably won't get that one...

Also

@NeirasRothmagia said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

This PSO2 Service is for the North American region. I haven't found a list of all the countries that are officially supported by this particular service, but a list of all the counrties considered to be in North America can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_and_dependent_territories_in_North_America . I feel that the game should be welcoming and inclusive by corporate standards (which includes convincing people to play and pay for your game) to as many people within this region as possible within reason.

I thought the NA version of the game wasn't officially available outside of US and Canada (it even says so at the bottom of literally every page on this site, including these forums)? Why would they have holidays pertaining to other regions besides the ones they operate in?

@NeirasRothmagia

This is all based on assumption at the same time the flag was changed for obvious reasons, I think people need to relearn their history before they make assumptions, its the democrats who wanted to keep slavery you can easily look this up in old posters and what not, I personally do not agree with either extreme but at the end of the day most are brainwashed into misinformation, look up the misinformation act its real and most of you are being manipulated now we must unite more then ever.

This is the funniest thing I've read all day.

Imagine being this offended by a videogame

4th July is right there, Microsoft wants to milk money and players want more content to the point it doesn't even matter what this content is anymore so... yeah, we got that overly 'murican event.

Edit: Also, like someone said: "If you don't like it, don't buy it".

@NeirasRothmagia you sound like every other millennial bastard xD

@NeirasRothmagia said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

Next I would like to clarify my stance on what should be done with these symbols. While I said that I personally would like to have the event changed and/or the symbols removed so that I can play the game without having to see them, I would not want the event changed and/or symbols removed unless there was a substantial segment of the community that supported such an alteration. To do so would be an act of idealogical and iconographic imperialism that would be a feat of great hypocricy, not to mention being in opposition to my personal values.

That should have been the end of the thread right there guys.

Hating the event = hating freedom, nascar, and burgers.

Christ, I needed a good laugh.

22 Posts 0 Followers 0 Following Joined 24 Jun 2020, 09:20 Last Online 28 Jun 2020, 20:11 Location Apparently Mexico? Unless I haven't gone back there yet... Age 33

Standard join forums virtue signal forum troll nothing to see here (by posting this im technically feeding the troll and just as guilty)

I'd like to thank Sega for the event. Coming from PSU it didn't seem like they cared about us that much, and it's great to see that may be changing. I wouldn't mind celebrating Mexican and Canadian holidays too. We actually stand for the Canadian anthem at sporting events here in the North. Not sure about elsewhere.

I'm not going to spend endless hours arguing, but I would like to say that I am thankful every day for being born in America. There is nothing I can ever do to repay the millions who have given their lives to create and defend this country and our freedom.

@MoldyAsp33874 said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

Next I would like to clarify my stance on what should be done with these symbols. While I said that I personally would like to have the event changed and/or the symbols removed so that I can play the game without having to see them, I would not want the event changed and/or symbols removed unless there was a substantial segment of the community that supported such an alteration. To do so would be an act of idealogical and iconographic imperialism that would be a feat of great hypocricy, not to mention being in opposition to my personal values.

That should have been the end of the thread right there guys.

Indeed. I think it's fair to say at this point that my feelings are not shared by even a significant minority of the people who wish to voice their concerns on the topic and I'm willing to leave it at that.

The only thing that seems to have any sort of support is my desire not to see unecessary real world political elements introduced into this game, but the definitions of "unecessary" and "political" seem to vary so greatly among those responding to this thread that it's hard to have a productive conversation on the matter.

I've added some additional excerpts from some of my other posts to my original post, such as the piece you quoted above (although it breaks my heart to see what a bloated and poorly formatted mess it has become, sadly I have not the time, energy or skill to fix it at the moment) to try to better communicate that my role in this conversation is essentially over, unless there is a significant change in the nature or this discussion. I hope this will reduce the number of... well, I can't think of a polite way to phrase it at the moment, but the kind of posts that make up the majority of the bumps that this thread gets.

Of course, I don't want to shut down further discussion completely, as we still get the occasional constructive post, such as this recent one by @MiyenHalo providing some actual feedback on this event and injecting a bit of positive sentiment into this thread. I don't mind it when people disagree with me, indeed I encourage it, but I think we should all challenge ourselves to try to stay on topic and connect our opinions to this game and this event in a way that hopefully resembles the feedback the community managers are looking for.

In any event, I better get back to my (clearly not very effective) self-imposed exile. Thanks again for participating in this discussion, everyone. In spite of our differences, I sincerely wish that you all have a happy Independence Day tomorrow!

I'm saying this as a British Citizen, here I am defending colonial traitors what's next? Independence Day is a Holiday... not Politics. Why are garbage politics being brought into games? The amount of stupid here is amazing and the fact someone took the time to make a wall of text shows really how sad this is.

Murica. F'yeah.

o/ =^.^=