I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event

I thought it was America developer’s coding the NA version. They got the code from JP but Americans are coding and translating the content.....,am I right or wrong?

@RainGnyu said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

I thought it was America developer’s coding the NA version. They got the code from JP but Americans are coding and translating the content.....,am I right or wrong?

Wrong, SoA (Sega of America) has nothing to do with PSO2 NA. This event was made by SoJ (Sega of Japan). Another reason why I'm not going to be so tilted when we didn't even have to get this event. It was custom made for the NA server, so I'm anticipating other events made for us and to see what lobbies we'll get in the future.

I thought context always mattered. Oh well.

JESUS H CRIST! EVERYONE JUST SHUT UP ABOUT THIS STUPID TOPIC AND LET IT GET LOCKED OR DELETED

I'm not reading this whole thread or even the whole first post.

But I read up to the OP talking about murder and trying times in the US.

Imo- it's an ever better time to host an event like this. People need to be reminded of patriotism as those who don't even understand an ounce of America's history walk all over it- tearing down monuments and burning flags.

If you support that-- you can F right off.
If you have a problem with patriotism- just F right off.

Sensitive people who think America is fundamentally flawed and problematic are the problem. Open your eyes and see what is really going on. Stop trying to ruin things for other people- this is a game where most of the community is American- if you don't like America. Play on JP. There's a perfectly simple way to change over. Stop crying.

That is all

@MoldyAsp33874 said in [

Sensitive people who think America is fundamentally flawed and problematic are the problem.

How? It is terribly flawed and so are the people refusing to see it and directing it to a better country.

USA has alot of potential. If you love this country, you'd want it to not be stagnant.

@Velveteer4662 said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

@MoldyAsp33874 said in [

Sensitive people who think America is fundamentally flawed and problematic are the problem.

How? It is terribly flawed and so are the people refusing to see it and directing it to a better country.

USA has alot of potential. If you love this country, you'd want it to not be stagnant.

It is not terribly flawed. I'm not going to start a rant about it in PSO2 forums. But sensitivity leads to people believing they are owed something. Because of something their ancestors went through they believe they can walk all over business, bully people for reparations, steal, destroy, commit crimes all under the guise of fighting for freedom. America has a racist history- we got over that. Now they want to bring it back. They already have Black Only zones in the CHAZ- sounds like 50s segregation to me. Either way- they won't even understand what happened when they realize it all backfired on them and they have to not only live in the cities they destroyed but also created true racist movements.

Gotta stop my rant there. There's pages and pages I could go on about- but I don't want to get banned. This thread should probably be locked quickly. If you have trouble seeing the facts about what is happening all over America- chances are you've schooled in a liberal city and basked in that echo-chamber. It's unhealthy but there's no way your mind can be changed- if there was- none of this would be happening because these people have had so many chances to get their head out of the dirt but they only believe what they want to. It's sad- but it is in no way a reason at all to throw away a patriotic event in a video game.

In no way should anyone think pressuring sega JP to change an event due to their sensitivities is a good idea. That's a horrible spiral. If you don't like the event- if it makes you feel bad. Wait until it's over to play it. Stay in your personal quarters where you feel safe. No one is going to hurt you. The people who died to give you the freedom to fear such little pointless things and worry about the most insignificant problem would be so disappointed in you. People were so much tougher back then.

@MoldyAsp33874 I actually quite love this event but I disagree with OP.

@MoldyAsp33874 said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

Because of something their ancestors went through they believe they can walk all over business... ...America has a racist history- we got over that....

"Ancestors" usually refers to distant relatives, like far beyond grandparents.. around what time in America's history do you think racism was... "gotten over"?

@Velveteer4662 said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

@MoldyAsp33874 I actually quite love this event but I disagree with OP.

As should everyone.

Enjoy the event- disagree with people who want to remove content in a game you play. It's simple really. There are developers who are making content for us- what kind of ass would just immediately jump on the ""I don't like what you have given us- please change it and remove this"" bandwagon. Please for the love of God- keep this mentality out of the game industry. It has already destroyed such promising games in the West- don't give JP a reason to start feeling its effects. Cancel culture is the death of entertainment. You may have already seen it with recent events- cleveland VA no longer voicing him because it's racist- Hulu removing episodes of Golden girls because people think it's racist. Simpson episodes with certain characters problematic and taken off air.

Games have no reason but to be entertaining- just let them be. If you disagree with it- the game(or the event) is not for you. Don't change what people love just because you are fragile.

@NeirasRothmagia said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

.. I'll admit that I could have framed [my first post] more diplomatically, but I didn't expect this thread or my account to survive past the first page so I took a hard line stance in the hopes of sending a message. While the words written therein do represent my heart of hearts, I am also open to dialogue and compromise.

@MoldyAsp33874 said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

If you support that-- you can F right off. If you have a problem with patriotism- just F right off. Sensitive people who think America is fundamentally flawed and problematic are the problem.

Well I 'do' agree with you that sensitive people are the problem.

I'm not reading this whole thread or even the whole first post.

But I read up to the OP talking about murder and trying times in the US.

Imo- it's an ever better time to host an event like this. People need to be reminded of patriotism as those who don't even understand an ounce of America's history walk all over it- tearing down monuments and burning flags.

I'm just going to point out that 1. Monuments to those who'd destroy the USA do not need to be up, glorifying them on US soil, and 2. Taking down statues does not remove history.

Ah yes, let's delve into even more controversial topics that get even further away from the OP's post.

I think the GMs left this open to get a good chuckle from people, if anything.

@Novaline said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

Ah yes, let's delve into even more controversial topics that get even further away from the OP's post.

I think the GMs left this open to get a good chuckle from people, if anything.

It's just a whole lot of bait now. People who are factually wrong believing whole-heartedly that they are right when every historical example proves otherwise.

I'm out though- I said my opinion on whether or not it should be removed and that was as far as I should have gone. I like my games filled with content because I play them.