I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event

@Lorient said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

@Golbleen Intent and context always matter.

That's just your opinion. However, if that's your perspective, they put the event up to celebrate a holiday which commemorates the signing of a political document; unless you believe that the Declaration of Independence is not a political document.

@Golbleen I don't see why it matters. I'm just having fun running through vegas to get currency to buy a top hat and diner outfit.

I have better things to do than be offended over things that have already passed.

(To clarify, while context and intent matter, I don't feel WHAT this holiday is based on really matters for the in game event)

@Lorient said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

@Golbleen I don't see why it matters. I'm just having fun running through vegas to get currency to buy a top hat and diner outfit.

I have better things to do than be offended over things that have already passed.

Clearly, you care enough to take a break from that to make these statements in an online thread.

@Golbleen Ooo, you got me there. Dunno how I'm ever going to recover from that sick burn.

Seriously, when you need to result to insults to try and make your point, the point is pretty shaky to begin with.

@Golbleen I mean, in their defense, plenty of people think of the 4th of July as just a day for fireworks and barbecues with family/friends so...

How about just enjoy the game and enjoy the Japanese depiction of patriotism like a normal human being would enjoy it.

@Golbleen Ooo, you got me there. Dunno how I'm ever going to recover from that sick burn.

Seriously, when you need to result to insults to try and make your point, the point is pretty shaky to begin with.

I'm sorry if you feel insulted; it wasn't my intent.

@Nyhmz said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

How about just enjoy the game and enjoy the Japanese depiction of patriotism like a normal human being would enjoy it.

Because people have to bitch and complain about anything. Topic derailed to personally insulting each other, but GMs gotta farm ""feedback"" or whatever.

@Golbleen All I was getting at with my statement was that I don't understand what anyone "gains" by being offended and making a thread like this. If the goal was to educate, then (1) It should be in off-topic, and (2) It should have been framed as such and not as an angry rant against the US.

@Lorient The post contained opinions about the game, which hosted the event about the holiday.

The author is entitled to speak those opinions regardless of if you or I disagree with them or dislike how they were written. Clearly, a lot of people in the PSO2 community were very sensitive to the author's opinion, which is why this thread now has 21 pages.

@Novaline

GMs gotta farm ""feedback"" or whatever.

Everytime I think about this I cant help but chuckle a bit.

If they wanted Quality Armchair Political theory shitposting, they could have found much better at Reddit or PS4 Gamefaqs board...

Stupid opinions can make people lash out in response, so who cares.

At the end of the day, it's one person that feels so offended by the presence of a country's flag. This is Japan's parody of the United State's Independence Day, there's nothing to be offended over when it's a harmless event, ffs.

You shouldn't be dragging your hatred and monomania into the forums over something triggering you in the game. This is a forum for PSO2's North America server, not a platform for you to hate North America and use it to sow divisiveness between users over your personal politics that have nothing to do with the videogame. If you can't even post about something related to PSO2, and instead just use it as a front to push an agenda, you shouldn't be posting at all.

It's incredibly poor taste for the moderators to leave this thread up after they deleted threads related to the actual game, like talking about opening up new ships.

@Golbleen said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

The author is entitled to speak those opinions regardless of if you or I disagree with them or dislike how they were written. Clearly, a lot of people in the PSO2 community were very sensitive to the author's opinion, which is why this thread now has 21 pages.

For all the people complaining about this thread still being up. They are doing a damn good job constantly bumping it and giving the mods the "feedback" that they want. Obviously the dude can have his opinion. How upset people are actually getting over a random opinion from a random person on the internet is a little comical to me. But maybe that's just me.

@Golbleen said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

@TrekkiesUnite said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

It seems pretty fitting for a 4th of July celebration. It's not really trying to make a political statement, it's just what Japanese devs thought would be fitting for a 4th of July event.

Does the intent matter?

Yes.