I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event

@Nuebot said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

@TrekkiesUnite said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

Art is about expression. That expression doesn't have to be political in nature. You saying all art is political is just you trying to force politics into things regardless of whether it's there or not.

Do you think Animal Farm was just a funny book about clever pigs? Please, find me an example of a work of art with zero political message, engagement, involvement or stance.

Yes that book is political, that doesn't mean all books are political. And if you think Episode 4 is going to be political then you're in for a disappointment.

@Nuebot

Capitalism is, in fact, political, yes. Consumerism is political. Products made, the choices made to buy them - entering into those systems even the choice of which brand to buy and why are all, on some level, political even if the choice comes down to mechanical specs vs. price or buying the cheapest most affordable one because one doesn't make enough money to buy a more preferable model. It doesn't have to be a grand statement to be political, but even the tactic engagement in the exchange of capital is a silent approval or acceptance.

Oh this lazy cop out. Again no, not everything is political even in this example. Toliets for example weren't made to make a political statement, nor do you make one by buying one. They were simply made as a clean way to dispose of our excrement. They're a necessity, not a political statement. And then there's another aspect your forgetting since you clearly think everything is purchased and comes from a store. What if I didn't buy those items? What if I made them out of necessity? Am I making a political statement when I make them? No, I'm just making these things because they're nice to have and can make my life easier and more comfortable.

Not everything is political. It only becomes political when pseudo-intellectuals like yourself try to make it political.

I just want to collect 2020 medals and turn them into Raising Badges. You want to use politics in-game. Sorry no titles for that.

@TrekkiesUnite There is no use speaking sense to someone who will reach hard to find a political statement in a turd in toilot bowl...

Everything Can be viewed through a political lens but everything is not political in of itself.

Honestly Mods I implore you, take a careful look at this topic and tell me what beneficial Data have you garnered from this? From O'P's whiny post to the rest of the back and fourth here.?

I am not even asking for Deletion, I am just honestly curious, what Valuable Data has been accumulated from this thread? I take a look at it and wonder how any reasonable persons can look through this thread and say "yep this is valuable feedback."

if for the lulz then maybe I can see but valuable Data this is not.

@TrekkiesUnite said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

Yes that book is political, that doesn't mean all books are political. And if you think Episode 4 is going to be political then you're in for a disappointment.

Then provide me with an example of something with zero political message, because PSO2 is already about a military force (the arks) and any military is, I'm afraid to say, political.

Oh this lazy cop out. Again no, not everything is political even in this example. Toliets for example weren't made to make a political statement, nor do you make one by buying one.

I literally said as such, perhaps you should read before responding. Because when you buy a toilet your money goes somewhere. Kohler, for example, one of the top toilet manufacturers has been under fire for discriminatory hiring practices, labor violations and environmental regulation issues. When you buy a Kohler - it's a support of them and what they do. So yes, even buying a toilet is a political actions. Just because you are ignorant doesn't mean the rest of the world is, and it doesn't mean anything is "forced" because you've never seen it before.

They're a necessity, not a political statement.

Except necessities are an entirely political subject. Housing and shelter, education, food and nutrition, sanitation and employment: these are some of the most political subjects possible. People take toilets for granted because they're often used to them just being there as a permanent fixture but it's a very real fact that many people even in America can't afford them or their city has no real sanitation budget or infrastructure and simply won't do anything to help them so simply going out and buying a toilet won't help either. So yes, basic human necessities (even toilets) are in fact, political too.

And then there's another aspect your forgetting since you clearly think everything is purchased and comes from a store. What if I didn't buy those items? What if I made them out of necessity?

It's pretty hard to think of a necessity that would require you to make your own toilet that wasn't somehow the fault of infrastructure, to be frank. Perhaps a master toiletsmith who lived in isolation with no vehicle for travel and no internet to order one, yet somehow had functional plumbing but their toilet broke. But generally speaking if you're making something out of necessity then yeah that's a sign that the system is failing. Which is, unsurprisingly, a political matter.

What if I made them out of necessity?

No, I'm just making these things because they're nice to have and can make my life easier and more comfortable.

You just contradicted yourself flat out, I think I'm done replying.

I like the freedom found in america but im am kinda glad that the country will survive the spergery coming from both its whiners and tyrants and armchair political spergs.

The country is in a bind, but those not willing to see the other side as Americans AND People are destined to always be in utter misery. Just grow up stop seeing eachother as enemies, and if you dont like america in its worst and just want easy times again with no effort then you will never have the attachment or power to even change it. And thats why good people will succeed over vindictive people who's minds have become diseased with tyranical vengeance.

Anyways the suit is cool, but i kinda wish the female character had more than just a cute costume, maybe next time have them both have a super suit and Americanized casual wear.

I love my country because it will survive all the whining and idiocy, along with all the tools begging old fossils to save them for the fearmongering they created in the first place.

@Nuebot said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

Then provide me with an example of something with zero political message, because PSO2 is already about a military force (the arks) and any military is, I'm afraid to say, political.

Ok here's Episode 4's story for you, please tell me the political message from it:

• lol, the game is real and we want you to investigate these oddly behaving ARKZ who are just random noobs playing PSO2
  • OMG the one player on Earth had her character come to life! Let's treat him like a little brother so we have that nice Oniichan/Oneechan dynamic.
  • Xion's clone (Mother) was dumped on the moon years ago and is trying to use Earth as her personal army to get revenge on the Photoners.
  • OMG our little brother is actually Dark Falz.
  • Oh hey the one character is having an Evangelion Moment and has come out of her depression and now has a power up!
  • But it was useless as Mother kidnapped our little brother and merged with him to become Mother Brain.
  • You team up with this group called Earth Guide being lead by a man called Adam to take out Mother Brain.
  • You defeat Mother Brain.
  • Surprise! Mother Brain was actually the good guy! The bad guy was Adam who has now become God.
  • God decides to reset earth.
  • God sends you back to Naberius because you're not from Earth and it would be cruel to reset you.
  • Hey you know how Earth people got on the ARKZ ship through PSO2? What if we use PSO2 to get back to Earth!
  • You pop out of one of the character's PS Vita and through the power of love and friendship you kill God.
  • The End.
  • Epilogue you get to fight this creepy smiling but well endowed god lady for bragging points.

Now, is there really a deep political message in that or is it just nonsensical Anime Tropes strung together for entertainment? Also notice how I didn't mention the Yamato, it's because it's so insignificant to the plot that it's not even worth mentioning.

Oh this lazy cop out. Again no, not everything is political even in this example. Toliets for example weren't made to make a political statement, nor do you make one by buying one.

I literally said as such, perhaps you should read before responding. Because when you buy a toilet your money goes somewhere. Kohler, for example, one of the top toilet manufacturers has been under fire for discriminatory hiring practices, labor violations and environmental regulation issues. When you buy a Kohler - it's a support of them and what they do. So yes, even buying a toilet is a political actions. Just because you are ignorant doesn't mean the rest of the world is, and it doesn't mean anything is "forced" because you've never seen it before.

No that's you injecting politics into it. When I buy a toilet my thought isn't "What are the political views of the person who made this toilet?". It's "does this toilet have the flushing power to deal with all the crap I'm gonna literally throw at it?

They're a necessity, not a political statement.

Except necessities are an entirely political subject. Housing and shelter, education, food and nutrition, sanitation and employment: these are some of the most political subjects possible. People take toilets for granted because they're often used to them just being there as a permanent fixture but it's a very real fact that many people even in America can't afford them or their city has no real sanitation budget or infrastructure and simply won't do anything to help them so simply going out and buying a toilet won't help either. So yes, basic human necessities (even toilets) are in fact, political too.

Not what I meant by necessity. By necessity I meant they weren't made to be political in nature, they were invented out of necessity. They weren't created to stimulate a discussion on the politics of fecal matter disposal. They were created as a cleaner way for us to poop. Nothing political there.

Any politics you get from your toliet are politics you put in it.

And then there's another aspect your forgetting since you clearly think everything is purchased and comes from a store. What if I didn't buy those items? What if I made them out of necessity?

It's pretty hard to think of a necessity that would require you to make your own toilet that wasn't somehow the fault of infrastructure, to be frank. Perhaps a master toiletsmith who lived in isolation with no vehicle for travel and no internet to order one, yet somehow had functional plumbing but their toilet broke. But generally speaking if you're making something out of necessity then yeah that's a sign that the system is failing. Which is, unsurprisingly, a political matter.

Ever hear of a septic tank?

What if I made them out of necessity?

No, I'm just making these things because they're nice to have and can make my life easier and more comfortable.

You just contradicted yourself flat out, I think I'm done replying.

You clearly missed the point being made.

@Tarkus Well said. It ain't perfect, but it's home. It might not be the absolute best out there (that's a matter of opinion, really; I can't name a better place) but it's still far better than the overwhelming majority of other countries out there. I mean, let's be real, there are at least 50-100 countries in the world where simply having a conversation like this involving criticism of the government and the country itself would result in every last one of us being hunted down and executed for "high treason against the state" for merely participating in a conversation in which even one person insinuated that the country/government wasn't THE absolute best in all of human history. While there certainly are those fringe groups here in the U.S. who would love to see people get arrested,exiled, or even executed for expressing opinions they don't agree with thankfully so far that degree of absolute tyranny hasn't happened just yet.

@zaffy2005 said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

st the state" for merely participating in a conversation in which even one person insinuated that the country/government wasn't THE absolute best in all of human history. While there certainly are those fringe groups here in the U.S. who would love to see people get arrested,exiled, or even executed for expressing opinions they don't agree with thankfully so far that degree of absolute tyranny hasn't happened just yet.

The us has been recently getting European style nanny states, and most of this self hating garbage is coming from the upper class because rich people love to self flagellate because of their warped ideals, and then the hyperstimulated oversensitive culture from social media that has skewed perceptions. A little known fact is that often people on social media think they are talking to people without mental illness, but its so prevalent that people often fall for crazy things.

My tip to everyone is to assume people who are always angry or sad or seeking attention are not mentally well. Consume media and political posts with caution. Or lest you catch peoples crazy.

This is a great topic! I suggest we all scroll up to the [Game] drop-down menu and discuss how this game features a [Caste] system and well as different talents that each [Race] have. Not to mention you can't play the game 20 min without seeing a nude cartoon splattered across the screen. I say we protest Symbol Art! (Wait it's art so it would be a crime to remove it) lol

I think people to reach out to law-makers, government officials, police, judges, someone who can give you clear directions on how to make a difference. The GM's of SEGA are not the people you should be after. I fear a Easter event might be the last straw.

Notice how I refer to the game itself. This post would be fitting for General Discussion. Political posts would do better in the Off-Topic thread.

@Legacy2610 easter is always contraversial because it always has vegas spawns, People will learn to hate their hitscan attacks.

Hey I wonder what's going on with PSO-

US based event

4chan-tier forum posts

Hello Hydaelin my old friend

@Tarkus I think it has less to do with "self hate" and more to do with what has come to be called "virtue signalling." It is, in essence, purely about image. They don't actually believe in anything that they're pushing. Not to get TOO overly political here but think about the current issue with seeing "racism" in absolutely everything, and certain political figures jumping at the opportunity to blame the other side and claim that if we hadn't allowed someone from that party to "seize power" (like elections aren't a thing in America) this party would have solved ALL the race issues of the world....even though when THEY had "the power" and even had a BLACK (actually only half black and his lineage traces back to slave TRADERS rather than slave "survivors" but that's neither here nor there) they not only point-blank refused to do anything about the issue, they blatantly and intentionally fanned the flames of racial prejudice and division.

Someone once broke it down like this: one side "loves" the poor and oppressed, so much so that they want EVERYONE to be poor and oppressed so that they can continue to proclaim themselves the "champions of the poor and oppressed." And they are so desperate to maintain that image that they will subvert and sabotage any and all attempts at addressing the underlying issues. Meanwhile the other side "loves" the rich and powerful so much that they want EVERYONE to be rich and powerful, so much so that there's no boundaries or restrictions and the only ones who can succeed seem to be those willing to stab as many backs, slit as many throats, and step on as many heads as they can to "climb the ladder" and those who are more passive get buried.

Both sides do a lot of talking about what they'd change "if" they had control yet never do anything when they have it.

Someone else put it in a rather simple yet profound way: I hear all this talk about right wing vs left wing and how one or the other should be done away with. What you idiots never seem to grasp is that BOTH wings are part of the SAME DAMN BIRD. You can't destroy a part without crippling the whole."

@zaffy2005 They fanned it because it got them votes. The sad thing is that most of the morons who hate eachother on social media grew under the same conditions, probably faced similar problems and now have weird schizo weirdos and old geriatric powermongering fossils tell them that they need to fight for pretty much "unamerican" causes that will rally people enough to vote for that year or the issue /law they want to push at the cost of those who comply live with social alienation. which leaves the voter vulnerable for next years issue until they die alone and without emotional support, because political groups and cults make for terrible support groups. Its a terrible transaction but a fool will always part with what they got if they get tricked hard enough.

Its A tale as old as time, and a bunch of so called "smart people" keep falling for it.🙄

TBH ive just played "America F*CK YEAH!" on repeat whenever I am in the lobby because it amuses me.

Also I'm Canadian.