I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event

@Lorient said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

For the love of god, can we please keep politics out of this forum. Take it to Discord if you want to debate US history.

@GM-Deynger Can this thread go the way of the dodo, please?

This forum is about pso2. Pso2 which currently has american flags, statue of "liberty" and uncle sam garbage shoved down everyone's throat. Of course discussions will be heavily political

@SalutexMO And since this server was supposed to be for the US and Canada, the only people with any right to complain are the Canadian players for not having Canada Day acknowledged. If you're not a player from one of those two countries, you're "technically" not supposed to be playing anyway.

This is like getting made that the JP server has events themed after JP holidays. You're playing on their server, its expected. This isn't a Global server, its a US and Canada one.

(Before everyone jumps down my throat, I have no issues with people from other regions playing, it just makes the game better. But don't complain that the American servers are celebrating an American holiday.)

there is a las vegas quest too, ya wanna complain about that as well?

I flagged this post when it started not because I hate OP or anybody else, but because I know it could get heated. This kind of request (removal of content deemed hateful and a public apology for posting said content) is best done directly to the dev through their customer support feature (which is made for that, among other things). This way, you wouldn't need to see potentially hurtful input towards your person.

Said that, one thing that strikes me is that I as a non American, and of a skin color SOME Americans may hate, don't see the flag and independence day stuff as a hate nor political symbol. Now, if it was something related to the political parties (like certain 'great' phrase running around) or about some ethnic group specifically, I'd call foul on it. But nope. This is about the full country, with it's love and hate, with it's good and bad people, just like every country in current and past existence.

And if OP sees even the flag that good, compassionate Americans swear to, as a symbol of only the bad ones, then I think there's some reflection to do. But that's just my opinion. The opinion of someone from a place also oppressed by USA, but have also witnessed the best they have to offer. The opinion of someone who has learned to not group people, and instead see them each individually and value them for their individual contribution.

I'd like to add that... this was a long way coming. Not only was data related to this event in the game's files since the launch of the JP version (back when SEGA planned to release the game worldwide in 2013) but several interviews stated this was their plan, to produce region specific content; just look at what South East Asia and Taiwan got:

PSO2_SEA_Lobby.jpg

PSO2_SEA_Lobby2.jpg

PSO2_TW_DragonBoat.jpg

This is only the beginning...

@NeirasRothmagia

That's a QQ. Just because America has issues it doesnt mean we don't celebrate holidays anymore. Especially one that's about freedom.

@SalutexMO said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

@Lorient said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

For the love of god, can we please keep politics out of this forum. Take it to Discord if you want to debate US history.

This forum is about pso2. Pso2 which currently has american flags, statue of "liberty" and uncle sam garbage shoved down everyone's throat. Of course discussions will be heavily political

A less diplomatic but very precise and efficient summation of my point, thank you. The first act of bringing politics into this video games was not by my hand, but by SEGA. I signed up to go to a space fantasy setting and play a space wizard and blast space dragons with my space fireballs, not wade through a US proaganda pamphlet brought to life every time I want to hand in a client order.

Now (and the rest of this isn't directed at you, @SalutexMO, but to the general audience) I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that it was well intentioned, but at the same time we have to acknowledge that these symbols mean different things to different people, and sometimes the meaning of those symbols makes people uncomfortable, which I why I would urge caution in using real world symbols when it's not necessary to avoid such things.

If a game takes place on Earth or a reasonable facsimily thereof, fine, use those symbols, Earth is a complicated place and I don't get upset (well, not very) when I see someone with an American flag or Uncle Sam t-shirt or whatever because there are all sorts of perfectly benign reasons why someone could have those things in the real world or a fictional counterpart. However introducing these things into a previously apolitical fantasy world (I know, everything is political, just pretend it isn't for now) is a problem, because it's an intentional injection of something loaded with so much bagage and if presented uncritically acts as a tacit endorsement of said baggage.

Now again, I'm not abscribing any nefarious intent to SEGA. Indeed, I want to praise them again for trying to do something nice for us, but l feel that it's important to speak up when you feel like someone is perpetuating harmful ideas or symbols, even, or perhaps especially, if it unintentional, otherwise how is anyone ever going to know if anyone has a problem with it?

@Seed-Faux said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

there is a las vegas quest too, ya wanna complain about that as well?

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, and so will any complaints I have about it (which aren't many as it's mostly the two out of context symbols of the US flag and Uncle Sam that I have a problem with). Any US flags or Uncle Sams inside the Las Vegas area are also not much of a problem, since that falls under the representing a real thing that exists or presenting something that is meant to resemble a real thing that exists category that I mentioned above.

@Macmaxi yo,how did you manage to have it all already? I have only 97 badges

This post is deleted!

@NeirasRothmagia said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

@SalutexMO said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

A less diplomatic but very precise and efficient summation of my point, thank you. The first act of bringing politics into this video games was not by my hand, but by SEGA. I signed up to go to a space fantasy setting and play a space wizard and blast space dragons with my space fireballs, not wade through a US proaganda pamphlet brought to life every time I want to hand in a client order.

1. It celebrating a recognized holiday does not give you the avenue to vent your political frustration on the forums.

2)At this point I think you ought to just play something else as you clearly have no clue what you signed up for.

You Signed up for segas vision of the game, not your idealized version of what the game ought to be. The game has already had events of this nature since 2013 and is one of the main selling points of PSO2, which is why sega Puts these stuff out.

You might as well go complain about the South east Asian Servers as well since it doesn't fit your myopic view of the game.

@NeirasRothmagia Ok so youre saying there's US propaganda now, If a statue of liberty and some US Themed settings that were set for National Holiday is what you consider "propaganda" then i guess everytime you through emojis and run into the National Flags you must be overloaded with "propaganda" from just about every nation. You can still experience your Space Fantasy setting like always if you just dont step into the Shopping area, nothing is stopping you from doing that, you can still play 99% content of the game without looking at anything US related because apperantly if its related to the US it must be some form of "propaganda".

I just dont understand this community anymore... Sega made up a nice event for our game, nice decoration of the lobby and things to achieve. And yet there are unthankful people, making up some bullshit that doesnt belong anywhere in the context of a GAME! Jesus Christ, dont you guys have any other problems? In my country, one would ask : you dont feel very fresh down in your lower regions, arent you?

I for one find it great, and dont want to make any association with what is happening in the real world. And I am not american!

Not to rag on anyone's first amendment rights but OH SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!

Can't believe ya'll took the bait, then again, after my thread, I'm not surprised. lol

Outfits are so ugly..... RIP Tanabata lobby, I'd prefer the yukatas