I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event

@Tomoe

Yeah I am kind of this Mind as well Which is Why I would have preferred the topic Nuked on arrival not because O.P isn't entitled to his freedom of Speech or Opinion, But topics of these Nature inherently go no where productive(especially on a videogame board). The people on each avenue are going to strongly DISAGREE and I doubt anyones mind would be changed on PSO2 forum no less.

@Novaline said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

+1, this isn't acceptable. I could understand if people were actually giving their opinion on the original topic, but now it's just political.

The problem with this is that in order to discuss the Original Post you need to draw from Politics and History to counter the claim or support it, essentially its all or nothing. Hence why most game forums wont allow it in its entirety.

Honestly you guys im dissappointed in PSO2 too...

not because of politics bc whatever no one knows how to discuss things in a civil manner

but jeez this fashion wack... tacky energy is overwhelming. Give me cuter scratches please!

@Tomoe I believe the following happened:

A global moderator responded to a report by deleting the thread. An Admin looked at it later and wagered the pros vs cons and determined it could be a beneficial discussion/sensing session to gain feedback that can be leveraged for the future of the "global" version of the game.

Questions would need to be answered like: *"If this will be supported in x, y, and z country, how receptive will they be of these images and symbols?"

Moving forward, as long as things did not spiral into an irredeemable place, the moderation would focus on deleting individual posts that did not add anything to the discussion rather than removing the ability to participate completely.

The problem is an individual problem. Individuals who feel an opinion is a personal attack and impulsively spring into non-constructive dialouge and throw personal attacks themselves. SEGA JP could use the feedback in all honesty, they are most likely not very in-tune with how other cultures perceive things. Individuals just need to learn how to ignore topics that cause them enough anger to prevent from thinking logically.

Report the individual posts that are obvious attacks, select "other", and type in that said post should be delete due to x,y,z. It will help out the Global Moderators who are on the forum more until an Admin can take more appropriate action.

my issue with that event is only that the fireworks are going on and on, and getting anything done in shopping district is either taking my headphones of, or just spending as short time as possible there...

@makabrax Cant you just lower the sounds?

@John-Paul-RAGE said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

@Tomoe I believe the following happened:

A global moderator responded to a report by deleting the thread. An Admin looked at it later and wagered the pros vs cons and determined it could be a beneficial discussion/sensing session to gain feedback that can be leveraged for the future of the "global" version of the game.

Questions would need to be answered like: *"If this will be supported in x, y, and z country, how receptive will they be of these images and symbols?"

Moving forward, as long as things did not spiral into an irredeemable place, the moderation would focus on deleting individual posts that did not add anything to the discussion rather than removing the ability to participate completely.

The problem is an individual problem. Individuals who feel an opinion is a personal attack and impulsively spring into non-constructive dialouge and throw personal attacks themselves. SEGA JP could use the feedback in all honesty, they are most likely not very in-tune with how other cultures perceive things. Individuals just need to learn how to ignore topics that cause them enough anger to prevent from thinking logically.

Although I agree with most of your points and can see an understanding as to why the topic was restored, I feel this is a bit "Idealistic."

There are better avenues the development team can take for data concerning larged scaled Event content of this nature, as someone mentioned earlier send a support ticket. Another would be Tracking of the players actually engaged in the content or holding Polls. This is how Square Enix handles its content plans for FFXIV and most other Online games.

Opening the floodgates on a uncontrolled and unpredictable forum is a bit irresponsible in my view, especially considering that a large majority of playerbase in most online games are not even involved in the forum, so data from it is pretty moot. But at the End of the Day its up to the mods, so that's just my view on the issue.

@KLB600 I can agree to a certain point, especially considering the long periods of time that there is no moderator intervention.

Sensitive subjects typically require real-time moderation to keep things on track/remove the radical elements. That isn't really possible on forums without there being a schedule that ensures 24 hour response time.

Your suggestion of a ticket would be a good idea. Similar to how the CBT survey was done, they could start a small campaign that gives a small incentive to ask players to submit feedback on the current event and have them include region specific information along with it. Then maybe after some results and analysis, bring up specific points for a moderated discussion and close it at the end of that period.

@KLB600 said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

@John-Paul-RAGE

Ok I just wanted to say that, WoW, That’s an incredibly Reductionist way of looking at it….

Uncle Sam has always been a personification of American Independence and Patriotism(Which by the way isn't inherently a bad thing.) His Origin can be traced back as far as 1812 and was simply a nickname for the United States Government/Military during the war of 1812(Which Occurred due to Britain interference on The United States Sovereign rights, hence it was seen as 2nd War of Independence.) Which is another reason he represents its independence/independence day.

Like You said a finalized image hadn't been made until 1917, But note the likeness used for Sam was taken from Brother Jonathan(Who traces back even before the Declaration of Independence was signed), He appeared in Cartoons form throughout the 1860 and was finally amalgamated into the Uncle Sam figure we know today after the Civil war, so no it was not for the sole purpose of propaganda.

These Images of Uncle Sam/Brother Johnathan would be used again for rallying the U.S in its war efforts against the Central Powers in 1917. You know that "little" War that was tearing the world apart that U.S played a big part in Ending and again in WW2 Which ended German Nazism and Italian Fascism(Outside of these two events the Uncle Sam figure/Brother Johnathan is rarely ever used). Lets just leave all the good nationalism did, and on top of this Celebration of the Use of Nuclear Arms? C'mon man hardly anyone celebrated this, nor do we now.

I am not the most Patriotic person, nor am I denying that Uncle Sam isn't entirely pure, but your post is incredibly disingenuous, and skewed information.

It's interesting that you see the War of 1812 like this, since I can tell you that in Canada the war is widely regarded as an act of US agression and imperialism, rightly or wrongly (my natural instinct is to go deeper into discussing this and the various perspectives and points of view involved, but I think that will just take us further off-topic so I'll refrain from doing so). This is a good example of how different symbols, or in this case historical events, mean different things to different people and how, even if you think you're using a innocent symbol for a good cause it can be seen as a negative symbol by others. Which brings me back to one of my core points: how necessary was it to use that symbol?

As for Uncle Sam and his earlier counterparts, I think it's important to look at not only how they were used in specific pieces of propaganda but also what they have come to represent beyond those original works. A good example of this is the copious quantity of politcal cartoons that cast Uncle Sam as the avatar of US imperialism, as opposed to Columbia (the lady, not the country or the district), who was historicallty the much gentler personafication of the US as a nation (and who I'd much rather see in-game costumes for).

@SleeprunnerInc

I appreciate the sentiment behind your post and I agree with the message that it can be important to try to put past wrongs behind you, to forgive but never forget, however many people in North America have current, ongoing struggles that we face that were caused or worsened at least in part by the legacy of US imperialism or ongoing direct or indirect actions by the US. To use an example that might help the Finnish perspective relate, this would be like an European version of a game having a Russian themed holiday featuring symbols asssociated with Russian imperialism. I suspect that would make some people uncomfortable considering the historical and current tensions in the region in a similar way that this event makes me uncomfortable.

Omg ca we please shut down this topic? This is why we can't have nice thing in any video game anymore. Everyone got triggered for something. If the event doesn't appele to you, just don't play. That the end. No need to come here and complaint abouth political stuff, because we don't care, we want to play a game. And don't ask to remove items. This is the most sttupide stuff to ask... -.- Its like saying that everyone who farmed the badge for the shop, did it for nothing.

And anyway, are you gona ask to remove Yamato UQ because of what happened in WWII? -.-

@I-UsagiTsuki-I said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

And anyway, are you gona ask to remove Yamato UQ because of what happened in WWII? -.-

No because in this person's mind "US bad, but big war boat is ok"

The first thing I saw when I logged on was the trees in the shopping area and I thought it was a Christmas event because they look like Christmas trees to me.

@Zizel said in I am very disapointed in PSO2 for having this Independence Day event:

The first thing I saw when I logged on was the trees in the shopping area and I thought it was a Christmas event because they look like Christmas trees to me.

I think it's beautiful, lush tall prominent trees surrounding Lady Liberty.

This thread is still active? That's kinda dumb. This person doesn't understand that this game came out in JP first so this was an event that happened in JP. Japan loves America more than Americans love America.

@ldoIatrous It's a NA only event.