Yeah, so I was one of the less than 1% that had my OS Corrupted by the initial MS Store trash break. But, after reinstalling my OS (thank goodness for a secondary SSD for my games) I am back in PSO2 without issues. I went straight through with a Tweaker install, no problems. Kudos to Arks-Layer for delivering what Microsoft couldn't.
The game itself is amazing. I am playing an the absolute highest settings with zero lag or hiccups, which is another plus to the Tweaker. I've made it up to 48 on my main character and have enjoyed the mission based gameplay...although I get caught up in the Casino a bit too.
So here is what I love:
The graphics, though 8 years old are still amazing for this type of game.
The control system (PC keyboard + 3B Mouse) is simple and easy to use once you set the shortcuts up how you want them.
The concerts are AMAZING...even with the occasional lewdness. Quna's songs are beautiful! The missions are fun, lots of hack and slash moments, fast paced in places as well.
Here's what I wouldn't mind seeing changed:
- Certain Unlocks (ie: Mission Pass items) being Account wide instead of Character bound. Especially Accessories.
- Character Slots remain if you delete the character (that's right, if you buy a 4th or higher slot and delete the character you lose the slot)
- Grant access to Trading/Personal Shop/Quarters for Free Players: -Trading: limit the number of times/items you can trade for free -Shop: same thing, limit the number of items you can sell -Quarters: having a micro room with 5 spaces for decorating is trash. At least give us a one room expansion and 50 slots for free
- Create a way to preview items from AC Shop! Also, make the Preview window we get at other shops larger. I'd like to get to see what I'm buying before I buy it.
- The ability to outright buy items in the scratch tickets without having to spend hundreds on them. I think it would be better accepted in the West and would lead to higher AC / SG sales in the long run.
Sure you can get premium for 30 days for Star Gems or the Ragol Packs for $30...but honestly, this game can do so much better and NA has never been a huge fan of the micro-transaction world unless it is honestly worth it. I find AC Scratch Tickets are kinda meh, the gambling for items is another one of the things not taken well in NA either...sure people have gotten used to it with EA and other games with loot boxes, but sometimes I'd like to just outright buy one of the items those tickets have. Sure have using 30/60/120 tickets you get to select what you want...that is just insane! Especially when 12 tickets = $22US.
So, there's my take. I love the game for it's gameplay - but not so much on the gambling RL money for the chance >1% at a cosmetic item I want.