Enough is enough.....

Alright, I know this is inherently a Microsoft Store issue, and I know that things like Tweaker exist, but I am not gonna trade one problem for something else that could be a problem in it's own way, I am not saying Tweaker is untrustworthy but I have this weird thing with me where the unlikely always happens with me.

SO......whatever the heck is wrong with the Microsoft Store method of launching this game, NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP. So whatever is going on here, please, SEGA get Microsoft off their butts or pull your game off their crappy launcher, cause I have uninstalled once before and recently reinstalled, and got on game without issue, day later, maintenance was going on when I tried to get on, and the game started fine then (got an avast message this time but worked around it and game started fine a few more times so I could check on the server status), but after a bit NOW the game wont even launch, this is unacceptable, completely unacceptable, I don't know what people on your end or Microsoft's end are doing and I KNOW it is a Microsoft problem but really.....SEGA, you and Microsoft both are responsible for this, please fix this X.x

Cause I want to be able to play the game, but not if I am going to have to uninstall and reinstall a bunch of times just to only be able to play for a few hours and then have the game screw itself over the next time I try to play.

@Ootarion3622 SEGA is more responsible than Microsoft due to their coding already having inherent permission and file pathing errors. It is just made worse due to the strict nature of the MSIX container environment.

MS is as fault as well for letting something be published that can be malicious for some users.

Have you tried using the PSO2 Tweaker instead?

@Sovery-Simple said in Enough is enough.....:

No I haven't and quite frankly I am reluctant to do so, mostly because I have already paid real money for the Microsoft Store version of the game and I doubt very much what I've been able to do with my characters will carry over to the Tweaker version, don't want to have to start over and lose the special items I got from paying for the Collab version of the game.

Besides I have reservations about using a third party program I've never used before and have never heard of until I started trying to find ways to get around what is broken and I am not to keen on trusting it right now.

@Ootarion3622 said in Enough is enough.....:

No I haven't and quite frankly I am reluctant to do so, mostly because I have already paid real money for the Microsoft Store version of the game and I doubt very much what I've been able to do with my characters will carry over to the Tweaker version, don't want to have to start over and lose the special items I got from paying for the Collab version of the game.

Besides I have reservations about using a third party program I've never used before and have never heard of until I started trying to find ways to get around what is broken and I am not to keen on trusting it right now.

The Tweaker version will still work with what you already did. You just have to log-in with the account that made the purchases and everything will be there. They even have a step in the Tweaker's installation of NA to link the game to the MS Store with your account.

FWIW, you aren’t alone. After the game acted like the worst malware I’d ever had; I am reluctant to use a third party app as well.

I mainly consider myself a console gamer as opposed to PC; and things like this are precisely why.

@Kyrop1 said in Enough is enough.....:

FWIW, you aren’t alone. After the game acted like the worst malware I’d ever had; I am reluctant to use a third party app as well.

I mainly consider myself a console gamer as opposed to PC; and things like this are precisely why.

Well to date I've never had issues with PC games before, nothing anywhere close to this level of annoyance and VERY rarely do I encounter any difficulties at all with PC games.

Though it is nice to know that being hesitant to use Tweaker is a feeling I am not alone in. I am sure it is probably a trustworthy program, but......I've had times where for no reason at all I have had problems with something that no one else ever had problems with and I could never figure out why, that's why I feel like Tweaker would just cause me issues to, since my luck is that bad X.x

@Ootarion3622 how do you think we've been playing for years it's funny because using the tweaker is the way to avoid getting the worst malware ever yes you're not alone but you're also given the solution that to my surprise actually worked Sega Japan never messed with the PSO2 tweaker and I know a lot of people who are now playing it in North America thanks to the tweaker trust me if it was a bad programming you would know it would be bad

@Supagei9180 said in Enough is enough.....:

@Ootarion3622 how do you think we've been playing for years it's funny because using the tweaker is the way to avoid getting the worst malware ever yes you're not alone but you're also given the solution that to my surprise actually worked Sega Japan never messed with the PSO2 tweaker and I know a lot of people who are now playing it in North America thanks to the tweaker trust me if it was a bad programming you would know it would be bad

Alright, fair enough, just.....try to understand I've had plenty of bad moments where things that should totally 100% work just fail on me for no reason and in bad ways X.x

I'll try Tweaker.

ive tried the Tweaker and it just made things worse... soo.. there ya go. it seams to work for some people and not for others.

@MasterWimbley said in Enough is enough.....:

ive tried the Tweaker and it just made things worse... soo.. there ya go. it seams to work for some people and not for others.

That certainly doesn't help........

@MasterWimbley said in Enough is enough.....:

In what way did it make things worse?

I still don't understand why so many people are spooked by the Tweaker. Maybe it's because I've been playing JP for so long that I know the team behind that 3rd party program are actually legit when it comes to their product? The tweaker is the reason I can even play NA. Tried installing the game without it and the shit was a wreck. The standard launcher for the game is trash in comparison to the options the tweaker gives you. The tweaker also makes the game easy to delete/uninstall if something does go wrong and you have to reinstall things.

@GrizzlyTrollton said in Enough is enough.....:

I still don't understand why so many people are spooked by the Tweaker. Maybe it's because I've been playing JP for so long that I know the team behind that 3rd party program are actually legit when it comes to their product? The tweaker is the reason I can even play NA. Tried installing the game without it and the shit was a wreck. The standard launcher for the game is trash in comparison to the options the tweaker gives you. The tweaker also makes the game easy to delete/uninstall if something does go wrong and you have to reinstall things.

And yet there are people who do have issues with it, one person in this thread even said that he tried Tweaker and it just made things worse, it is very likely the program works fine but MasterWhimbly even said it caused him worse problems.....:/

@GrizzlyTrollton said in Enough is enough.....:

And yet there are people who do have issues with it, one person in this thread even said that he tried Tweaker and it just made things worse, it is very likely the program works fine but MasterWhimbly even said it caused him worse problems.....:/

He hasn't given any details on how. But the tweaker team has been pretty respondent to people having technical issues with the program on their discord. I've been using the tweaker for 2 years now and haven't run into any issues with the tweaker itself. And with the tweaker, the process of deleting and uninstalling the game to reinstall it is a lot simpler because it handles permissions, letting you to just delete the "data" and "pso2_bin" folders before deleting the app from "Apps and Features".