Having to pay to reset skills?.. Also, can we talk about the FUN scratch prizes?

Do I really need to pay real cash just to reset skills? All the MMOs I've played that had skill resets, for the very least, allowed you to get a free one through quests. I mean.. I have no problem spending some cash to support the game but, I'd want to spend it on costumes or something, not a skill reset. It's not enough that we "have to" (I know you can get a personal shop from FUN but you can't even trade with players unless you have premium) pay to use the shop.

Also, I know FUN tickets are easy to get so I shouldn't be complaining about free items but I feel like the prizes are pretty bad. Once you've opened thousands of them, getting everything you need, you can't really make much off selling the items since the shop is flooded with them. Would be cool if we could get a Scratch that is worth 1k or even 10k FUN per chance, with even just slightly better prizes.

All in all, it's a minor complaint. I am not going to quit over it, I still enjoy the game and yes, there are some annoyances (like not being able to see your Alliance members' level/activity or how hard it is to accept an Alliance request from a player), but the good outweigh the bad for me.

What are you guys' thoughts?

All you really need to do is buy a Skill Tree Pass and than use 100 SG to move skill trees around. You can even move it right to the class you're move from. It'll reset the skills every time you move it. Only problem is it costs 500 AC to get another Skill Tree. We'll probably also get a Skill Reset Pass when Ep4 comes out, I think, assuming that's the one that adds new skills.

@Bananas There are ways to trade with friends if you don't have premium, one example is the premium box that they can use to gift you items. Or you can negotiate a trade and pick up from their shops.

Fun scratch items aren't that hard to get later in the game. A lot of ways to earn fun and closer to higher levels you'll be trading x-cubes for them. You never should run out really. Also a lot of the items do increase drastically in price. You have to hold on to them and be patient. For example the oriental theme which is a room scenery sells for about 5 mil. Other items and hair styles sell past 10mil. Hold on to your items and sell later for better worth.

@ERICK001BC said in Having to pay to reset skills?.. Also, can we talk about the FUN scratch prizes?:

one example is the premium box that they can use to gift you items

I'd recommend against this and having the premium user use the Capsule machine in their own quarters. The boxes are lost permanently once the recipient opens the box. The person using the capsule machine, however, has to pay 1050 Meseta for each use though. You can also just have one item in it (out of 30.) So you can use it to give a specific item.

@coldreactive But the player receiving the item can't actually retrieve the item because free users aren't allowed to play it. It keeps saying you don't have premium to use this feature.

@ERICK001BC said in Having to pay to reset skills?.. Also, can we talk about the FUN scratch prizes?:

@coldreactive But the player receiving the item can't actually retrieve the item because free users aren't allowed to play it. It keeps saying you don't have premium to use this feature.

Yes, which is why the premium person, who would normally use a box, would use the capsule machine instead. To gift items to a free user. Since capsule machines can be used by free users in a premium user's quarters. I would know, one of my friends is a free user, and I gave them items through the capsule machine that's located in my premium quarters.

The box also cannot be used by free users to place items to be given to others.

free uses can use the gatcha in anyones room as it is a from of a trade shop, they just can not add items to the gatcha item that they own themselfs without premium. again as it is a RNG form of a "my shop" pass.

@coldreactive I can't use other peoples capsols either if I am not premium. I was sure the boxes can be opened by free users.

I was sure the boxes can be opened by free users.

They can. They cannot be placed by free users.

@coldreactive Yeah I know they couldn't place them or use them to give the item. Same with the Capsules, if your not a premium user you can't place anything in them, but I also tried to play it on friends ones but It does't give me access to it.

i'd say that was a glitch or the friend didnt have items in it.

but I also tried to play it on friends ones but It does't give me access to it.

If the machine is empty or in use, it cannot be used by you.

hmmm, I will have to retry that later. Thank you.

@Bananas There are ways to trade with friends if you don't have premium, one example is the premium box that they can use to gift you items. Or you can negotiate a trade and pick up from their shops.

Fun scratch items aren't that hard to get later in the game. A lot of ways to earn fun and closer to higher levels you'll be trading x-cubes for them. You never should run out really. Also a lot of the items do increase drastically in price. You have to hold on to them and be patient. For example the oriental theme which is a room scenery sells for about 5 mil. Other items and hair styles sell past 10mil. Hold on to your items and sell later for better worth.

I have 350k FUN right now that I'm going to use later and I know I'll make some Meseta off it, it's just that after a while, I'm no longer excited to open them. If there were more expensive tickets to scratch, saving to use them would feel more rewarding.

@Grave-Knight said in Having to pay to reset skills?.. Also, can we talk about the FUN scratch prizes?:

All you really need to do is buy a Skill Tree Pass and than use 100 SG to move skill trees around. You can even move it right to the class you're move from. It'll reset the skills every time you move it. Only problem is it costs 500 AC to get another Skill Tree. We'll probably also get a Skill Reset Pass when Ep4 comes out, I think, assuming that's the one that adds new skills.

This still requires cash though. Most players are going to mess up their trees while learning the game. that's a given. I understand this is a company and they need to make money but charging money to redo your skills after messing the up as a newbie is kinda weird to me.