Be able to add friends solely ingame

While I know this exists in the Japanese version, I wasn't able to add anyone I wasn't friends with already on Xbox Live. I'd love if we could add people independently over having to add them directly through the Xbox friends list.

You need to be able to actually target / subcommand / menu another person in 3D Space: https://pso2blog.wordpress.com/sending-and-accepting-friend-requests/

There is a way to add them via text input, as you can friend your own characters, obviously:

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pre-open-beta-starter-guide-for-phantasy-star-online-2/#friend

You can search for players using the arks search method too: http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-opening-up-player-shops-and-arks-card/#arks

@coldreactive said in Be able to add friends solely ingame:

You need to be able to actually target / subcommand / menu another person in 3D Space: https://pso2blog.wordpress.com/sending-and-accepting-friend-requests/

There is a way to add them via text input, as you can friend your own characters, obviously:

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pre-open-beta-starter-guide-for-phantasy-star-online-2/#friend

You can search for players using the arks search method too: http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-opening-up-player-shops-and-arks-card/#arks

These are really old and confusing examples. Please refer below for adding friends in-game:

• Step 1: Go into the main menu by pressing the Start button or by pressing ESC on your keyboard.
  • Step 2: Click on the Player and select Send Friend Request
  • Step 3: This will open the Xbox profile of the Player, you must add them through Xbox Live.

1.PNG

• Optional: You can also select them through the Community tab with Nearby Characters nearby.png

Translations may change these menu items in the future *

The way of adding may very well change in the future but as of now it is only possible through Xbox Live.

Thus why I am suggesting to be able to add them without doing so through Xbox Live ^^; This was a suggestion, not a question... I've added people before on the Japanese server so I am well aware on how it works.

@Princesse-Jen said in Be able to add friends solely ingame:

Thus why I am suggesting to be able to add them without doing so through Xbox Live ^^; This was a suggestion, not a question... I've added people before on the Japanese server so I am well aware on how it works.

I understand, I just wanted to clarify this for anyone that is looking for an alternative method to add someone and in this case it doesn't exist. This is a good suggestion and I hope that it gets added in the future if more platforms are added. Thanks!

And it's already in the game, unless they removed it from the Xbox client? If they did, I'm sure you can just go over to the visiphone as per normal and add them through that old method.

And it's already in the game, unless they removed it from the Xbox client? If they did, I'm sure you can just go over to the visiphone as per normal and add them through that old method.

Nope! The only thing it does is bring up the Xbox Live profile to add, it is strictly through Xbox.

@Rzarcasm said in Be able to add friends solely ingame:

Nope! The only thing it does is bring up the Xbox Live profile to add, it is strictly through Xbox.

Then that's probably immediately going to change once the PC version comes out. Because otherwise there's no reason to have crossplay at all.

Then that's probably immediately going to change once the PC version comes out. Because otherwise there's no reason to have crossplay at all.

Honestly, I would not be surprised if it was added through Xbox's Game Pass... but I am not sure how likely that is. We'll see 😊 But anyway, good suggestion hopefully a different way is added through the game just incase we don't want to add them directly to our friend list.

Honestly, I would not be surprised if it was added through Xbox's Game Pass... but I am not sure how likely that is. We'll see 😊

Considering the old temporary Xbox manual said to search "pso2" in the Microsoft Store, this is unlikely, it'll be a standalone app in the Microsoft Store.

It works the same way on crossplay as well. Sea of Thieves works the same way. PC and Xbox players add each others accounts through gamertags. So when PC does role around it will probably be like that as well.

I understand, I just wanted to clarify this for anyone that is looking for an alternative method to add someone and in this case it doesn't exist. This is a good suggestion and I hope that it gets added in the future if more platforms are added. Thanks!

Understandable 🙂 But yes, thank you! I hope it'll be considered. While I wouldn't mind adding someone to Xbox Live eventually if I knew them longer, I generally would prefer to keep my friends list separate from it ^^; So I hope they'll consider adding the option to outside of your Xbox ID.

Pretty much on the Xbox version the Xbox gamertag has replaced the SegaID thing unless they add the ID to the game, and hopefully it will be cross play with other systems as well and if so we will be probably all connecting via Xbox

Well they did add some kind of ID ingame that isn't just locked to player gamertag, Your also able to change the ID ingame too from what I heard.

@SaviorZero82 said in Be able to add friends solely ingame:

Pretty much on the Xbox version the Xbox gamertag has replaced the SegaID thing unless they add the ID to the game, and hopefully it will be cross play with other systems as well and if so we will be probably all connecting via Xbox

The ID is in the game actually! You can still set one and everything ^^;