PSO2 should add their own "Fantasia" for Race and Gender swaps.

@Redex well I have enjoy this conversation thanks 😊 , but I need to try and get some sleep 😴 lol

haha same here, later then.

@HarmlessSyan said in PSO2 should add their own "Fantasia" for Race and Gender swaps.:

Well I don't mind people changes races but I feel you will get people complaining now they cant use their genderlocked outfits or CAST parts.

That's also a great point. One minute it's all cool, the next it's why can't I use my specific items anymore... the ones that were specific to the thing I altered!! lol.

@Redex I understand your point. Different people have different perception on things, and seeing someone changing to this or that in a game won't sit well with everyone. But if the ability to change races/genders was enabled by popular demand or something, and your friends decided to change, and they become happier for it. Would you get mad at them and stop interacting with them for a change that doesn't sit well for you but they are happy to have? It's not a matter of a single person's preferences, but something that has been with us for many years in some games.

I mean, look at this game. We have alts, and one odd thing I found was that story is shared through them all. We are not forced to restart the story in all of our characters, as is the case with many other games. That didn't really sit well to me, but it's part of the game. Would I like it changed? Yes. I'd like it if every new character had a story of their own. But I know many people out there wouldn't agree to it.

Even more, this game's lore, while it does not support the idea of other races changing into humans (yet), have done things like human to cast (something that also I didn't sit well with because now all of a sudden casts have human tissue inside, while old PSO and PSuniverse casts were shown as fully AI controlled androids) and even numan to dehuman swaps. So it wouldn't be too far fetched to have a canon ability to eventually, through the seemingly infinite power of photons, to have such a change becoming possible. For now it is not possible, and perhaps it will never be. But our imagination may say, what if?

@ZorokiHanuke

Fair say.

No, I would not get mad at them but I definitely would prefer some consistency just as my own preference towards familiarity. Like I said the Human to CAST thing makes in-game sense to me so I wouldn't oppose there being a cool maybe difficult/long quest to make the change. What you said about Photons and their capabilities. There could be something to that, long story short.... I wouldn't make the ability to do so too overly easy or accessible on a regular basis if it became an option.

Here's a way to kinda keep this in check.

Add the feature to change your characters gender etc once per week or month as a part of PREMIUM instead of being a completely separate tool.

That way it will control people's spending habits (A problem many people face in FFXIV and overall in video games and is a legit concern) and still provide something more than just the race change.

It would be easier to implement and easier to keep track of.

Plus alot of people would argue that the price would be right for Premium in that case where as a separate one time use item would likely cost 7 bucks or more like in FFXIV which is NOT worth it.

I regret spending over 200-400 bucks on phantasias....

@SleeprunnerInc Yes maybe, or.. Make them work for it. I don't know, harping back to what I was saying about Phantasy Star sharing some elements with the real world, part of me thinks if you want to do a race/gender swap badly enough you gotta work (quest) for it a bit.

@Redex It would be a nice idea but at the same time you would have the issue of people starting as Cast and wanting to go back.

How would you implement something like that Lorewise to the game?

Cause far as I know, once you go CAST there's no coming back.

And if you go Deuman from Newman then you can't go back either to my knowledge.

Then we would have another question, your stats etc would change when changing from Human to Cast for example so you would need to get a free skill reset to accompany this too.

How many times could you switch?

How many quests could you do etc?

It's just way too much work so a Premium once per week or month would work better.

@SleeprunnerInc This is where the story writers would need to come into play. Zoro pointed out that Photon studies in the world of Phantasy Star are a thing so maybe its just a matter of writing in the right things. Maybe a CAST to Human would take a in-game sacrifice or host to be able to complete lol. Maybe say... Numan/Deuman's are the odd folks out and don't get the option to swap?. I like to think it's the little differences that make the game great rather than break it down to needing a necessity for gameplay equality. Or.. they do what you were suggesting perhaps, dunno. I would kind of like to see it made difficult intentionally. although I'm sure that's not music to everybodies ears.

@Redex Far as I know Numans can turn in to Deumans according to the story.

Plus we already got an established lore in the game which we should NOT start changing cause that opens up alot of can of worms.

However if it was a ''paradox'' where they discover a rift that you jump in to and mumbo jumbo spacetimeywimey stuff happens and you come out looking like something else or changing race but you have your memories.

Since SPAAAAAAAAAAAACE is confusing.

They could limit that rift with a logical step saying: We don't know how this affects you if you jump in to it again so soon so you can only jump in to it once a week or month safely.

@SleeprunnerInc Yeah so there's some versatility right there. Numans >< Deumans can swap or whatever but maybe not interchangeable to every race. Anyhow, If anything is done id like to see it written in/implemented well.

Id shy away myself but if people were demanding a way to do race/gender swaps left and right something like u were saying could maybe be cool if it didn't break too many things that have already been pre-established in the games.

@SleeprunnerInc Alt wouldn't share consumed salon items unless done in multiples. Also probably doesn't want to play on an alt and re-raise everything when the main can serve that purpose.

I don't know if it is just peoples kids but the way westerners act on F2P games always amazes me. Will literally waste multiple weeks grinding to avoid spending $10-15 dollars on something they play around the clock.

@Mapleine said in PSO2 should add their own "Fantasia" for Race and Gender swaps.:

@SleeprunnerInc Alt wouldn't share consumed salon items unless done in multiples. Also probably doesn't want to play on an alt and re-raise everything when the main can serve that purpose.

I don't know if it is just peoples kids but the way westerners act on F2P games always amazes me. Will literally waste multiple weeks grinding to avoid spending $10-15 dollars on something they play around the clock.

And this isn't even a fraction of what humans are willing to do to save a buck.... 🙃

Thank you all! I'll be reporting this to the developers. 🙂

@GM-Deynger said in PSO2 should add their own "Fantasia" for Race and Gender swaps.:

Thank you all! I'll be reporting this to the developers. 🙂

Thank you so much <33333