PSO2 should add their own "Fantasia" for Race and Gender swaps.

I would like this as well! I was a Cast in JP, so I decided to do something different here. I realize now however that with things like the mission pass, you get a lot of male/female outfits, especially for casts, that you just cannot use or trade. Being a CAST again would be nice to actually use these pieces. Possibly even change genders every now and then, for along the same reason (lots of untradable female outfits)

That wouldn't feel like Phantasy Star Online, to me. Since the dawn of the online portion it's always been emphasized that you're locked into your characters. (promoting alt class/characters)

I feel the ability to change classes was a nice addition, but to completely re-roll race/look/class just strikes me as out of place for whatever reason.

edit

Random example... "Hey bro I got you this 13 star CAST specific Ranger weapon!"

"bro wut? I'm like a level 99 newmon dustsweeper now, I only use 8 star dust pans."

Well I don't mind people changes races but I feel you will get people complaining now they cant use their genderlocked outfits or CAST parts.

There once was a 3rd party program that did allow race and gender change - SEGA perma-banned the guy and he stopped updating his website. It is a shame as that site had so much PSO2 info - all the voice lines/files to voice tickets and sharing many character creations. The site is Yucomia if people are interested (It is in JP) - the race/gender change tool has been removed so you wont find that there but character creation sharing and voice lines/files for voice tickets are still intact last I checked.

@HarmlessSyan

Back then it would of probably been considered an exploit to change class etc. This game is largely built on community aspects and being able to change classes or whatever back then at a whim to make soloing easier for farming or story progression would of likely been seen as a big "No."

Since online games typically promote a community like function, Invite people to help you out and so on.

@Redex Eh, he got banned in 2018, only 2 years ago - not that long ago. Game been out for 6 years and it was during the EP5 fiasco where SEGA was getting criticized for the direction of the game.

@HarmlessSyan said in PSO2 should add their own "Fantasia" for Race and Gender swaps.:

@Redex Eh, he got banned in 2018, only 2 years ago - not that long ago. Game been out for 6 years and it was during the EP5 fiasco where SEGA was getting criticized for the direction of the game.

I thought you meant like waaay back in the day. Anyhow, forcing a race change on the game would still likely be a violation of service. It could affect the games ability to keep track of certain elements and cause things to be more glitchy with quests or whatever else. (not likely but still) I can see why he was banned.

Personally, I enjoy consistency. so the biggest leaps I can handle without getting peeved are like a new hair style or colour. If I have to check my sanity when I login every time to confirm my 4' CAST ranger friends character is now a Large & burley 7' human braver, I think that I might start feeling apathetic towards in game decisions like MAGS or essential loot vs non essential.

"Will this look/work good on my character? it doesn't matter I can change it later." All those little important/fun intricate decisions we make in game will feel a bit less special as a result I think if we give way to total re-customization of every aspect of our characters.

Would be kool to have the option

@SaviorZero82 said in PSO2 should add their own "Fantasia" for Race and Gender swaps.:

Would be kool to have the option

Maybe I am being a bit too dramatic over it. I just think it defeats the point of alternate characters at that point. I like that you can kind of imagine the world of PSO existing somewhere in the universe, it has certain elements of our current world. Now imagine your buddy is like a CEO somewhere and hes like "Hold on I'm thirsty, let me morph into a unicorn beverage factory worker.." Morphs brb in 10 minutes with the drinks.

:0

In-game Identity crisis's on a scale we've never seen.

"You remember Bob the crafter? the guy from ship 1 that only did crafting with the content update? ..Yeah Bobby's a Draconian now and he only speaks to Draconians. Bill the Hunter will.. well. former hunter will now meet your crafting needs!" Please just... make... alternate.... characters ...people ... ❀

TLDR; THEY WANT IT ALL BABY! .."I WANT TO MASTER ALL PROFESSIONS I WANT TO BE ALL GENDERS AND RACES AT THE SAME TIME.. SIMULTANEOUSLY, AND BE ABLE TO ENDGAME BY MYSELF WITH/ON ONE CHARACTER IN PHANTASY STAR (ONLINE)!" I disagreed.

I jest. everyone calm down πŸ™‚

@Redex wow πŸ€“πŸ˜πŸ˜›πŸ€ͺall I said was it would be kool to have the option πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ I for one use alts myself but I know there are a few people that would like this option

@SaviorZero82 said in PSO2 should add their own "Fantasia" for Race and Gender swaps.:

@Redex wow πŸ€“πŸ˜πŸ˜›πŸ€ͺall I said was it would be kool to have the option πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ I for one use alts myself but I know there are a few people that would like this option

lol just acknowledging my over-analytical essence.. If someone could explain to me in the lore how a CAST becomes a Newman.. Maybe I'd let it slide more easily.

@Redex from the wiki https://phantasystar.fandom.com/wiki/CAST

Phantasy Star Online 2

In Phantasy Star Online 2, CASTs are one of the four races available for player creation. As with the Newman and Deuman races, they were created from Humans, designed to control aptitude with Photons. As research in the properties of Photons progressed, CASTs became adept in Photons in ways nearly identical to that of Humans, thereby making their differences merely aesthetic.

CASTs were once used as alternative bodies for those with enormous Photon aptitude. Due to the sheer randomness of Photon aptitude in 1st Generation ARKS, those whose aptitude exceeded the limits of their human bodies, such as Regius and Maria, were transformed into CASTs. Humans may undergo a procedure to become a CAST, sacrificing a large majority of their original bodies in place of a CAST body. Organic tissue from a transfer still remains, enabling CASTs to reproduce.

@Redex from the wiki https://phantasystar.fandom.com/wiki/CAST

Phantasy Star Online 2

In Phantasy Star Online 2, CASTs are one of the four races available for player creation. As with the Newman and Deuman races, they were created from Humans, designed to control aptitude with Photons. As research in the properties of Photons progressed, CASTs became adept in Photons in ways nearly identical to that of Humans, thereby making their differences merely aesthetic.

CASTs were once used as alternative bodies for those with enormous Photon aptitude. Due to the sheer randomness of Photon aptitude in 1st Generation ARKS, those whose aptitude exceeded the limits of their human bodies, such as Regius and Maria, were transformed into CASTs. Humans may undergo a procedure to become a CAST, sacrificing a large majority of their original bodies in place of a CAST body. Organic tissue from a transfer still remains, enabling CASTs to reproduce.

This wouldn't exactly explain a lot for the CASTs to Newman jump, however. I could support a Human to CAST procedure thing in-game quest/item or whatever as it seemingly stacks up with the Lore. (Makes sense, cyborg logic)

I'm just not for the idea of signing online and 'everything' regarding character being so fully interchangeable as I was rambling on about earlier on.

@Redex I have never found anything to back this but I have heard from a few people that in PSO2 Humans were the first race and years later when Photons were discovered that they experimented with genetics and the Newman were this born then came Casts and later Deumen were born(trying my best not to add spoilers) but like I said the first part of this I have yet to find and info of so idk, but the way PSO2 is set they could easily introduced something to back the change, not likely I mean you can make your taller or shorter via the salon, meh I would probably not use the option, but as stated before I can see why some would like it, is this 100% needed no, do I support the idea of a gender/race swap sure but I would add that they would have to put some limitations on it, like only once every so many months and possibly a wait time for it to happen, idk how hard it would be for the team to do this type of change I would say it would take some time, O and just so you know I was picking at you (in a fun way)for my β€œwow” comment I know text can’t display my emotions that good just don’t want you to think I was being a jerk and I did not think you were at all either 😁😁 also to note I’m normally asleep at this time but my kid is in my bed and I’m stuck on the couch 😭😭πŸ₯±πŸ€€πŸ˜ͺ😴

@Redex I have never found anything to back this but I have heard from a few people that in PSO2 Humans were the first race and years later when Photons were discovered that they experimented with genetics and the Newman were this born then came Casts and later Deumen were born(trying my best not to add spoilers) but like I said the first part of this I have yet to find and info of so idk, but the way PSO2 is set they could easily introduced something to back the change, not likely I mean you can make your taller or shorter via the salon, meh I would probably not use the option, but as stated before I can see why some would like it, is this 100% needed no, do I support the idea of a gender/race swap sure but I would add that they would have to put some limitations on it, like only once every so many months and possibly a wait time for it to happen, idk how hard it would be for the team to do this type of change I would say it would take some time, O and just so you know I was picking at you (in a fun way)for my β€œwow” comment I know text can’t display my emotions that good just don’t want you to think I was being a jerk and I did not think you were at all either 😁😁 also to note I’m normally asleep at this time but my kid is in my bed and I’m stuck on the couch 😭😭πŸ₯±πŸ€€πŸ˜ͺ😴

I'm not sure about them being the first but it's pointed out in the series the humans that made the original Pioneer project from PSO1 were originally from Coral before ** spooooooilers ** Mother Trinity / Falz took over. So it depends how old Coral is in comparison to the planets of Deumans/Beasts/whoever else.

(CASTs/Numan, unlisted being both a result of humans)

*edit * ..It sounds like everything is basically a branch off of humans but there could be some lore I am missing.

I don't mind the salon cosmetics too much, that all stacks up.. just more so the idea of people race/gender changing every 3 seconds put me off from a story/gameplay perspective. Agreed though, if, IF they ever added anything like that I'd want it to have limitations on how often it could be used without question.

Haha no worries, all cool. πŸ™‚