Wasted 520 SG on fresh finds outfit...

I mean they do show you what is included in the set, those pictures are more for advertisement than anything.

@Aida-Enna I purchase items from the daily finds frequently and click into badges when they show up to check the quantity in the confirmation window and I have honestly never gotten that secondary description window until after the most recent maintenance. Asked a few people I'm in discord with if they have seen it and they are pretty confident they have never gotten a secondary window pop up next to the confirmation window with a description previously either- some said they actually have been dissuaded them from making purchases of vanity items in the daily section of the fresh finds shop because lack of immediate description and inability to preview it on their character. Unsure if this is a bug several people had, a feature they recently added, or everyone is just stupid.

@Shmyules said in Wasted 520 SG on fresh finds outfit...:

@Lorient That information should be in-game. Period. And no, for this item none of the official sources (including the forums) had info on what requirements there were to use the item. My friend and I both checked. But here's the larger issue. They have zero interest in offering refunds.

I can google nearly any item from PSO2 and easily get that info. There are wikis and databases for pretty much everything in this game. I agree, it should be in game. My issue was with your friend telling support that it wasn't on any external source when most item information is incredibly easy to find with a basic Google search.

And no, most companies don't offer refund for user error.

@Mu said in Wasted 520 SG on fresh finds outfit...:

@Aida-Enna I purchase items from the daily finds frequently and click into badges when they show up to check the quantity in the confirmation window and I have honestly never gotten that secondary description window until after the most recent maintenance. Asked a few people I'm in discord with if they have seen it and they are pretty confident they have never gotten a secondary window pop up next to the confirmation window with a description previously either- some said they actually have been dissuaded them from making purchases of vanity items in the daily section of the fresh finds shop because lack of immediate description and inability to preview it on their character. Unsure if this is a bug several people had, a feature they recently added, or everyone is just stupid.

It looks like, upon further testing, the window only pops up if you select a "packages" item or an item that you cannot use (wrong gender, for example). So it won't show up often (why would you click to buy something you can't wear?), but it's definitely been a thing.

alt text

This has been in the NA version of the game from the very start. Here's a screenshot from a video from way back on March 22:

alt text

@Aida-Enna Yeah, I know the disclaimer has been on the weekly items since at least PC launch and if you have enough SG you can actually click into it and see the list of items within the set, so anything actually pertaining to sets was and is, indeed, user error. I think most people do take issue with them not creating new images for the weekly "sets" that only show what is included since they get their hopes up and then see it doesn't have the item they want in it.

My real peeve with the shop is that they seem to have just recently added those additional popup of descriptions for the right side column the other day, so if you didn't look externally for information or were unlucky with finding vague/bad information, you could easily manage to get something you can't use without knowing until you got it in you inventory. I'm guessing they got enough complaints about the daily finds to the point that they actually implemented the additional detail box, so maybe if people complain about lack of preview enough, they will add that soon as well. What is kind of meh about looking stuff up outside of the game (aside from the translations or literal interpretations of items in the English version being quite different about half the time) is the fresh finds github people love to cite as a source for info actually does not seem to contain race specific data for costumes and the like. Maybe some people like having to do enough research to write an origin paper on an item, but I think it should have been readily available in the shop to begin with, even if to save the support team the headache of dealing with masses of tickets. Just my opinion, though.

My real peeve with the shop is that they seem to have just recently added those additional popup of descriptions for the right side column the other day, so if you didn't look externally for information or were unlucky with finding vague/bad information, you could easily manage to get something you can't use without knowing until you got it in you inventory. I'm guessing they got enough complaints about the daily finds to the point that they actually implemented the additional detail box

I mean, this is good. It means they're listening and improving stuff.

My real peeve with the shop is that they seem to have just recently added those additional popup of descriptions for the right side column the other day, so if you didn't look externally for information or were unlucky with finding vague/bad information, you could easily manage to get something you can't use without knowing until you got it in you inventory.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I believe this was always the case as well. However, it almost never shows because accessories are equippable by any race, and so it would only show if you tried to purchase an outfit for the opposite gender (which is unlikely for you to do).

What is kind of meh about looking stuff up outside of the game (aside from the translations or literal interpretations of items in the English version being quite different about half the time) is the fresh finds github people love to cite as a source for info actually does not seem to contain race specific data for costumes and the like. Maybe some people like having to do enough research to write an origin paper on an item, but I think it should have been readily available in the shop to begin with, even if to save the support team the headache of dealing with masses of tickets. Just my opinion, though.

I'm also the person in charge of updating the Fresh Finds every day when it resets. The only race issue is Casts, and the only costumes they cannot equip are super super super outfits (like ones form the first 3 months of the game's release in JP), as they (very early on) changed it so all costumes were cast-equippable. This is why the costumes do not include race specific data - It's not an issue 99.99% of the time, so it would just be a useless column.

I'll keep an eye out though and specifically mark any costumes that are not cast-equippable in the same box as the gender. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

I'm also the person in charge of updating the Fresh Finds every day when it resets. The only race issue is Casts, and the only costumes they cannot equip are super super super outfits (like ones form the first 3 months of the game's release in JP), as they (very early on) changed it so all costumes were cast-equippable. This is why the costumes do not include race specific data - It's not an issue 99.99% of the time, so it would just be a useless column.

I'll keep an eye out though and specifically mark any costumes that are not cast-equippable in the same box as the gender. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

I really do appreciate the fast work on the updates for the daily stuff, please don't get me wrong on that. It's actually one of the few things that gives me any confidence in buying from the fresh finds shop at this point since it's really hard to judge some things from a thumbnail, I just feel like the game relying on players to fill in the gaps for it comes off as a bit of a shady in practice.

The uncommon occurrence that a costume excludes casts from the release of older content is why I really feel item details/previews are super necessary to be visible to players in the shop, just like it is in mission passes... granted, the issue now appears to be alleviated with the secondary window with item details that now pops up when a thumbnail is clicked and now makes my previous complaints a bit moot.

I am in agreement, for what it's worth, that it would be an unnecessary waste of space to include a separate column for whether or not casts can use an item, but would gladly embrace that notion of a small note that it excludes casts. Might help people used to looking up info outside of the game be doubly aware/confident in purchasing items.

@Aida-Enna said in Wasted 520 SG on fresh finds outfit...:

My real peeve with the shop is that they seem to have just recently added those additional popup of descriptions for the right side column the other day, so if you didn't look externally for information or were unlucky with finding vague/bad information, you could easily manage to get something you can't use without knowing until you got it in you inventory.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I believe this was always the case as well. However, it almost never shows because accessories are equippable by any race, and so it would only show if you tried to purchase an outfit for the opposite gender (which is unlikely for you to do).

What is kind of meh about looking stuff up outside of the game (aside from the translations or literal interpretations of items in the English version being quite different about half the time) is the fresh finds github people love to cite as a source for info actually does not seem to contain race specific data for costumes and the like. Maybe some people like having to do enough research to write an origin paper on an item, but I think it should have been readily available in the shop to begin with, even if to save the support team the headache of dealing with masses of tickets. Just my opinion, though.

maybe sega should pay you because you're the only reason i still buy anything from the fresh finds store now, since sega cba to program in explanations/previews

I really do appreciate the fast work on the updates for the daily stuff, please don't get me wrong on that. It's actually one of the few things that gives me any confidence in buying from the fresh finds shop at this point since it's really hard to judge some things from a thumbnail, I just feel like the game relying on players to fill in the gaps for it comes off as a bit of a shady in practice.

The uncommon occurrence that a costume excludes casts from the release of older content is why I really feel item details/previews are super necessary to be visible to players in the shop, just like it is in mission passes... granted, the issue now appears to be alleviated with the secondary window with item details that now pops up when a thumbnail is clicked and now makes my previous complaints a bit moot.

I am in agreement, for what it's worth, that it would be an unnecessary waste of space to include a separate column for whether or not casts can use an item, but would gladly embrace that notion of a small note that it excludes casts. Might help people used to looking up info outside of the game be doubly aware/confident in purchasing items.

Glad to hear it and happy to help! 😄 And yeah, there's definitely some things they need to touch up on with Fresh Finds, like that stuff and letting items purchased be usable across all characters. Hopefully these will get resolved, and I have my fingers crossed, but...

And yee, always better to have too much information than too little!

@GrandTickler87 said in Wasted 520 SG on fresh finds outfit...:

maybe sega should pay you because you're the only reason i still buy anything from the fresh finds store now, since sega cba to program in explanations/previews

Knowing that I'm helping people enjoy the game is more than reward enough, and it's what helps motivate me when my alarm clock goes off at the break of dawn to do the Fresh Finds, lol.