Weapons pale in comparison to psu

Ranged weapons seem to have taken a hit. Classes like fortegunner could use muktrands and such. Dont know how the class system works on PSO2 but theres no cubo mamba as far as I know. PSO2 might get old really fast.. But I hope not.

You barely even scratched the surface on gunner. Just wait for show time.

PSU: ranged weapons do: shoot. THE END. Melee weapons do: 2, or 3 Photon Arts with 3 movements at most.

PSO2: Each weapon does like 10 different Photon Arts, you can combo them as you like, You can use the photon arts of your subclass, and then there are the skills for each build.

If you think PSO2 Ranger with rifle and Launcher is at a disadvantage compared to any ranged class in PSU, you need to learn a lot about PSO2.

@landman said in Weapons pale in comparison to psu:

PSO2: Each weapon does like 10 different Photon Arts, you can combo them as you like, You can use the photon arts of your subclass, and then there are the skills for each build.

And force/techter has like 80 different things, and you might have to farm for some of its things.

Reminds me of FFXI and how you had to buy spells.

@coldreactive Yes but I don't know of any PSU Force that was unhappy about the PSO2 Force at first sight, first because the concept is very similar, weapon + a bunch of techs for each element. And then PSO2 expands to that: free shooter aim for directional techs (with autoaim in normal camera as always, of course), a complete new concept for Talis weapons (more similar to Phantasy Star Zero Slicers, but transforming it into a satelite caster), a VERY generous evasive action that grants the most immunity time, powerful and utilitary multielemental techs, custom crafted techs, or even Techter class that can be a great Melee+support class.

The only thing people may miss from PSU is Giresta and those other bufs that gave you 3 barriers (I don't remember if they added them in online mode in the end), but Techter's Deband gives you extra HP so it's a similar function to Giresta's stacked regeneration.

Ya the JP PSo2 has ALLLLLLLLLL kinds of skins for the weapons. You'll get fancy ones on release.

interesting stuff.. I hope.