Is This A Sick Joke?

Haven't been able to open PSO for days (after playing since PC launch), and was unable to uninstall either. I finally was able to manage permissions of all the WindowsApps folders and get it completely removed manually, but now I am trying to reinstall, and when clicking install, nothing happens at all... its like I'm not even clicking on the Install button on Microsoft Store. On the Microsoft Store, it says read Publisher Info on the official site if having issues on Windows 10. I've been staring at the official site for 10 minutes trying to find this alleged Publisher Info, am I blind or is there nothing there?

I was very frustrated, so I emailed support to address the issue, and the response they sent me? It made it VERY clear that they don't even read their support tickets, they are picked up by bots! My response asked me to describe what items were stolen from my account, and when the last time I was able to access my account was?? My email said nothing about my account being compromised or items going missing!! I simply described the launching/installation/uninstallation issues I was experiencing...

Has anyone on PC been able to play at all since the last update? If not (which is what it seems like) is the PSO2 team going to extend the Sonic events we are all missing out on? I was SO excited for the Sonic day events since I'm a huge fan... This is totally lame

@Zippy2483 said in Is This A Sick Joke?:

Haven't been able to open PSO for days (after playing since PC launch), and was unable to uninstall either. I finally was able to manage permissions of all the WindowsApps folders and get it completely removed manually, but now I am trying to reinstall, and when clicking install, nothing happens at all... its like I'm not even clicking on the Install button on Microsoft Store. On the Microsoft Store, it says read Publisher Info on the official site if having issues on Windows 10. I've been staring at the official site for 10 minutes trying to find this alleged Publisher Info, am I blind or is there nothing there?

I was very frustrated, so I emailed support to address the issue, and the response they sent me? It made it VERY clear that they don't even read their support tickets, they are picked up by bots! My response asked me to describe what items were stolen from my account, and when the last time I was able to access my account was?? My email said nothing about my account being compromised or items going missing!! I simply described the launching/installation/uninstallation issues I was experiencing...

Has anyone on PC been able to play at all since the last update? If not (which is what it seems like) is the PSO2 team going to extend the Sonic events we are all missing out on? I was SO excited for the Sonic day events since I'm a huge fan... This is totally lame

Got nothing to do with the update. You’re describing what thousands of people have been experiencing since day one. I had the same issue that first day. My only question is how you were able to play at all to begin with?

@Kyrop1 I was playing up with 0 issues until the Sonic Day update, thats why I thought it was update related. My apologies if it is not. No idea how it worked for me without issue haha - sorry to hear many people haven't had a chance to play at all yet.

@Kyrop1 said in Is This A Sick Joke?:

Got nothing to do with the update.

Oh please. People have issues with this game bricking itself after every update lol

@Miasu said in Is This A Sick Joke?:

@Kyrop1 said in Is This A Sick Joke?:

Got nothing to do with the update.

Oh please. People have issues with this game bricking itself after every update lol

Which means it’s not the update specifically... it’s an underlying problem in the game/Windows Store.

Well to be more specific, I think it's less about "after an update" to PSO, and more about "after an update" to Windows. So far each time mine's botched itself, it did so at nearly the exactly same time as a Windows Update occurring. To OP though, only suggestion I can come up with is to run the "WSReset" command on windows. That should cause the MS store to try to reset/reset it's caches. It's a long shot but it's something to try, I've never had it break anything that wasn't already broke, in any case lol 😉