Music Disc List.

@Miraglyth Huh.

Well I'm not about to change what I already got here since I'm pretty sure I added them from the forum commentators, going through the actual ingame discs and checking the Fun scratches that were posted on this main site.

So if they differ from the actual name, it's due to translation errors within the game itself or this site.

The site didn't name them - it just listed the boxes in the bonus list for 5, 10 and so on scratches.

The box descriptions were also incomplete - two of them had four discs so it named three "and 1 others". For those the disc itself is the only place on the game or the website that has a name at all.

@Miraglyth So basically translation errors or laziness occured in which the reference I had for use was incomplete?

I don't think the "and 1 others" was laziness. If there wasn't space to name it (or if boxes' descriptions work differently and only allow three of their contents to be named) there's not much they can do.

But if your source for all the Shining discs used the box descriptions, you might be missing two discs. You might want to cross-check with the wiki page to make sure you don't have any gaps there.

The main reason I call out the names on the box descriptions being inaccurate is that searching for them won't work in player shops. If someone goes by this topic's list and searches for Mirrorland Marionette it's going to find nothing.

@Miraglyth Hilariously I just checked and you can't find the shining force songs on the playershop anyways.

Atleast some of them.

@SleeprunnerInc said in Music Disc List.:

@Miraglyth Hilariously I just checked and you can't find the shining force songs on the playershop anyways.

Atleast some of them.

See my previous post. Every single Shining disc works in the player shop and I've explained why your searches aren't working.

For what it's worth, this also applies to some of your other listings, like Falspawn, Xion and most of the PSO discs where you've omitted the dash character. It just happens that PSO2's shop search ignores spaces and dashes so those ones get away with it.

@Miraglyth said in Music Disc List.:

Atleast some of them.

See my previous post. Every single Shining disc works in the player shop and I've explained why your searches aren't working.

For what it's worth, this also applies to some of your other listings, like Falspawn, Xion and most of the PSO discs where you've omitted the dash character. It just happens that PSO2's shop search ignores spaces and dashes so those ones get away with it.

d1d95fc9-ff21-427f-853b-277c1c07756e-image.png

This is using the name YOU have it listed as.

It wont be found with mine either so I think the shining force discs werent sellable on NA/global OR just are sold out which they wont show up.

EDIT:I cross checked every single one of the disc names.

And you know what I found?

It wont shop up if you try and searching for it, TILL you go to the music disc section, then go back to unspecified so GG PSO2.

It wont shop up if you try and searching for it, TILL you go to the music disc section, then go back to unspecified so GG PSO2.

Can't say I've ever encountered anything like that. I just searched for them with their disc names and it worked first time. And I know they work with those names because I bought them all that way.

Edit: Oh, you're clicking the Search button next to where you're entering the item name. Yeah... that won't work, and that button kind of sucks.

Things only show up in the Candidate List window if you've seen them in the game recently. Your visit to the music disc section surely accomplished that.

But you don't need to do that. If you just enter the exact name of an item and click the Search by Price button at the bottom of the window, it'll still search successfully. So using exact names on external resources is always useful.

@Miraglyth I literally clicked the search button on the bottom and it didn't come up till I visited the music disc section so it's just a case of the playershop being wonky as always.

Regardless, we luckily have your wiki at the same time which I am going to add up to the post so people can cross reference if I ain't been updating in a while.

@SleeprunnerInc Problem with PSO2 item search is you have to SEE the item in game. Those discs only come from a package which means someone has to open it and put it onto the shop and you have to search that shop up for you to even see it for the search to work.

@Kokomone Not necessarily. I've searched up items on the shop from way back during the first scratch. There's a specific way to do it. You have to have the item name, usually the first four letters, hit the search bar to the right, then scroll until you find the exact item name, select it, then hit the search bar at the very bottom.

I could give a better visual walkthrough, than a text explanation. I also know how to search items based on price, so I have, in the past, loaded an entire library of music discs, just by using the subcategories, other, music disc, then inputting the price range I think it might go for on the market. I'm usually accurate, and found some previously unknown music discs that way, several months ago.

Edit:previously unknown to me specifically.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Music Disc List.:

You have to have the item name, usually the first four letters, hit the search bar to the right, then scroll until you find the exact item name

The trouble is that Candidate List menu forgets things entirely. Whether you search a string that's contained in an item or whether you search the exect item name, it won't appear there.

b47fd54a-1030-484d-8871-b563adf7aa1f-image.png

4d2055cf-eceb-4fcd-b0ca-88eb62c8452c-image.png

And yet, hitting the Search by Price button for the latter will find results.

3c55f5d1-792b-48ba-b435-f6e799f067fb-image.png

Then because a search result counts as seeing the item, it gets added to the Candidate List and your substring search will work... until it forgets it again.

b43a0023-7b62-4e94-b64d-b835517f93e1-image.png

@Miraglyth I've never had that issue. I literally searched up items from the Chevalier Line just last night, as I was looking at market values, and that scratch ended back in July. The items all popped up as normal. Seems like you and a few others are experiencing a bug of some kind.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Music Disc List.:

I literally searched up items from the Chevalier Line just last night, as I was looking at market values, and that scratch ended back in July.

I'm expecting you either have not searched for much since then, or you searched for Chevalier Line items recently enough that they didn't leave the list. Failing that you might have seen someone wearing the items you searched for.

Truth be told though we don't know why items sometimes get forgotten by the Candidate List entries. But we know they do. That emote in my previous post is one I have registered because I bought it from player shops in the past. But I had not seen or used the ticket for it in a couple months, and as you can see it left my Candidate List history at some point between then and now.

@Miraglyth Yeah there definately is something wrong with the search problem and it's also occuring in the Japanese game too.

Also It would be nice if the Music discs's stated from the start the original name of the disc and not the secondary name or whatever sub name it has.