Fishing & Gathering

Gathering, in the form of Fishing and Harvesting! Sophia should have a lot of answers, but if she doesn't provide the info you seek, ask here! There's surely a veteran Arks lurking somewhere near by who has the answer for you!

Less of a question and more of advice. If you want to gather Materials but don't need the fishing materials, I suggest Fishing first anyways till you get a Fever, that way you can find a mining spot and dig right into it with your pickaxe till you run out of stamina. You have to be pretty fast though because the fever won't last forever!

I unlocked fishing and mining on Sunday and saw that zi gained exp from fishing. I didn't check my actual exp but is it leveling up fishing and mining or your class level such as a gunner?

Also are there really cool stuff you can find and get very excited for while fishing and mining like when you find a really good and very rare weapon drop?

So for mining you can harvest up materials to make your rings, each zone has certain drops. You have to go to Franca's Cafe and there is a ring vendor. It will tell you what material you need for which ring.

Ahhh i didnt have any rings yet. Do rings give special perks or are they like units?

@Hengbok said in Fishing & Gathering:

Ahhh i didnt have any rings yet. Do rings give special perks or are they like units?

They give special perks. You will have to read what they do. Some give Crit damage, %damage, %boss damage, Class skill buffing, etc... You will have to really look at it and decide what would best suit you and your build.

Also let's not get to much into rings here. This is the wrong topic for it.

When gathering, does the spot on the map matter? Or is it completely random?

Like if I was mining next to a mountainside, or trees. Would that affect the chances of ore or apples?

@SamuraiCrazy It's map/planet based.

@The-Question said in Fishing & Gathering:

Ok, but if I get apples from a volcano....there will be words typed 🤣

@SamuraiCrazy said in Fishing & Gathering:

Ok, but if I get apples from a volcano....there will be words typed 🤣

I'm actually not sure if that is possible or not. I only ever go to the nodes and keep an eye on what I need for rings then store the rest away. If you get an apple I suggest keeping it. 👍

What's the drop rates on the rarer materials? Can these mats be sold in player shops? Seems like a great way to fuel the economy.

@ShadyMilkman said in Fishing & Gathering:

What's the drop rates on the rarer materials? Can these mats be sold in player shops? Seems like a great way to fuel the economy.

They aren't that hard to get. Once you activate fever mode you will be swimming in rares until your fishing and mining gauge refills.

They aren't that hard to get. Once you activate fever mode you will be swimming in rares until your fishing and mining gauge refills.

I'll be honest when I looked at the ring menu it was kind of overwhelming. It's nice to hear that the rares flow pretty regularly.

I guess like with any MMO it's all about learning the system from repeated use. I'll be 100% honest crafting in any game is not my most preferred activity and if the system is streamlined that I can get in and out fast thatll be a good thing

I'll be honest when I looked at the ring menu it was kind of overwhelming. It's nice to hear that the rares flow pretty regularly.

I guess like with any MMO it's all about learning the system from repeated use. I'll be 100% honest crafting in any game is not my most preferred activity and if the system is streamlined that I can get in and out fast thatll be a good thing

Crafting is completely optional. Ring crafting is the easiest to go through though. Most crafting in the game doesn't really shape up till later in the game when you can get higher rarity gear to break down at your crafting station. Keep all your discs at level 11 or higher. You can turn them into disc crafting components to craft your own Techs and Photon Arts. A lot of people will actually forgo crafting themselves and just bring their materials to experienced crafters homes and place orders. You can take the crafting materials and cost for crafting to other crafters rooms and just place the order. They will handle the rest for you.

@The-Question thanks for the tip on the disks! I had stocked up on a lot and almost threw the ones i already learned away. Now i know i have use for those leveled ones!