PSO2 Day should not land on a Monday.

As the title says PSO2 day shouldn't be landing on a work/school day. This should be changed to a day like Saturday especially now with lock down restrictions easing in a lot of countries.

Hopefully they do something about this.

I believe its the 22nd of every month. That won't be a Monday every month, just happened to be this time.

@Lorient said in PSO2 Day should not land on a Monday.:

I believe its the 22nd of every month. That won't be a Monday every month, just happened to be this time.

Exactly this.

The only alternative I could see is them making it "Every first and last Saturday of every month" or something similar that isolates a specific day of the week at a specific point in the month. Otherwise the 2nd and 22nd will always change what day they fall on.

While I'm personally not bothered by it, I know some people have limited schedules and it's far more common to see people busy during weekdays, especially on a Monday.

As someone who, at the moment, is working most weekends, I actually prefer the rotating schedule as it gives everyone a chance at the event regardless of their work schedule.

I also prefer the rotating schedule myself, since Monday and Tuesdays are my days off - I know the weekends are the days off for the majority of people, but at least this way it has the potential to cater to people that work all schedules; I've missed plenty of weekend events in games because of work, so this kind of thing makes me pretty happy. I know how much of a bummer it is to miss things that happen during your work schedule for sure, though, so it may just be one of those things that can't make everyone happy.

I think it comes down to a majority thing. You'll find the 22nd lands on weekdays more often than weekends for obvious reasons. One side gets screwed far more often and it's the side that is the majority. It simply isn't fair.

I think they need to just alternate between set days. One month it should be on a set weekday and the following on a set weekend day like Saturday.

The rappy pet for summoners is the only thing I think shouldn't be tied to PSO day. Already aids getting it cause of the low drop rates so being limited to one day a month is painfull.

PSO2 day only matters to people right now because the items are more rare due to the age of the server.

In a few months PSO2 days won't mean very much.

One of the reasons why I decided to fully solo my gaming even online (other than my skills having dropped to the skill level of a rock) is that my job has rotating day and night shifts. And setting 6 shifts in a 5 day week means one week I'll be working one specific day, and that same day in the next week I'll be at another shift.

So for this 22 I'm on a day off, but the next 22 I'll most likely be doing either a morning, evening or night shift, and be most likely unable to play.

Still, if this wasn't more of a in game celebratory date, I would have also agreed on changing the dates to fit the most people. Instead, what I could ask for is that the date gives only cosmetic stuff (I'd advocate for bind on pick up to avoid profit hoarding, while also having a tradeable version not attached to this day), and whatever drops are used for combat (the rappy pet for example) be tossed into some other event or mission that could be done more often.

Yes it sure would suck if unique stuff was distributed in times when portions of the playerbase couldn't play. 😒

PSO2 day will always come back. Even if you're occupied for a day - case in point today I have booked off work but need to spend much of the day away from home for personal reasons anyway - and miss one, you cannot miss out forever.

The stuff that it drops will even become cheaper over time, which is a huge advantage over certain other specials that not everyone was able to access and to our knowledge may never return.

@Miraglyth said in PSO2 Day should not land on a Monday.:

Yes it sure would suck if unique stuff was distributed in times when portions of the playerbase couldn't play. 😒

PSO2 day will always come back. Even if you're occupied for a day - case in point today I have booked off work but need to spend much of the day away from home for personal reasons anyway - and miss one, you cannot miss out forever.

The stuff that it drops well even become cheaper over time, which is a huge advantage over certain other specials that not everyone was able to access and to our knowledge may never return.

Which is why I suggested that every month it should just alternate between being on a weekday then a weekend. This way it's fair even if a majority have weekends off.

Right now it isn't fair at all. PSO2 day lands on weekdays more than it does weekends meaning people who only have a lot of time on weekends miss out for the most part. Realistically event days should never be put on weekdays.

There are a lot of advantages to PSO2 day outside of just farming for arks fever or the Rappy stuff so it really doesn't matter if that part becomes significantly cheaper in 3-6 months from now.

@Zenny said in PSO2 Day should not land on a Monday.:

PSO2 day will always come back [...] which is a huge advantage over certain other specials

Which is why I suggested that every month it should just alternate between being on a weekday then a weekend.

...huh? That has nothing to do with my point.

They can't try to cater to when people have days off. It's always going to hurt someone. And teens and the unemployed will always be free so they'll always have an advantage on all-day events if that's what you're worried about.

If you just want the ARKS Rappy suit and worry that you might need to wait six months to afford it or for it to drop, sheesh, get in line.

PSO2 day will always come back [...] which is a huge advantage over certain other specials

Which is why I suggested that every month it should just alternate between being on a weekday then a weekend.

...huh? That has nothing to do with my point.

They can't try to cater to when people have days off. It's always going to hurt someone. And teens and the unemployed will always be free so they'll always have an advantage on all-day events if that's what you're worried about.

If you just want the ARKS Rappy suit and worry that you might need to wait six months to afford it or for it to drop, sheesh, get in line.

I only suggested an alternative. Obviously there's no way to please every single person which is why it should be set on a weekend where the majority can attend in full. It doesn't make sense to have events on weekdays where there is overall less playtime for the majority.

The problem I have is the PSO2 day lands on weekdays more than it does weekends meaning anyone who is working 5 days a week gets royally screwed because it's on a set date rather than a set day.

I don't care about the Rappy suit.

@Zenny what benefit are you looking for on PSO2 day then?

Obviously there's no way to please every single person which is why it should be set on a weekend where the majority can attend in full.

I can understand this to an extent, but I wouldn't be okay with it only ever being a weekend. You've heard from people here who work weekends. It seems selfish to want to condemn them to never getting a full day just because you want to get a full day every month.

Really this wouldn't be needed if there wasn't a 1:1 relationship between time played and chances to get whatever it is you want. If it was much higher for 1-4 hours then people could still arrange to get the bulk of their chance even on days they work.

I don't care about the Rappy suit.

The important point is, does what you do care about appear every PSO2 day? Because if so please don't expect sympathy from people who care about stuff that doesn't come back every 2-3 weeks forever.