Adding more shortcuts on XB1 controller

So I was primarily using Gunner and I realized it kind of sucks having to use the dpad in the middle of a fight to get your chain trigger or showtime. Is there any possible way to add another shortcut to the controller? Like allow us to set a stance to “RB+LB”.

I understand I’ll get the “Use a keyboard” argument, but please understand some people prefer a controller or simply don’t have a keyboard or PC. Remember, this is a PvE game, anything that helps another player become better will help you as well!

I definitely like the idea of button chords as on option while remapping controls.

I did completely remap my controls to be attacking with triggers and bumpers, but I felt like there was always one or two things I would like access to occasionally that I just had to leave out... the map toggle as one example. I don't want it too often... But there is the rare occasion where I'd like to pull it up. But there's really just no space for it on the controller.

@jlisc0 said in Adding more shortcuts on XB1 controller:

I definitely like the idea of button chords as on option while remapping controls.

I did completely remap my controls to be attacking with triggers and bumpers, but I felt like there was always one or two things I would like access to occasionally that I just had to leave out... the map toggle as one example. I don't want it too often... But there is the rare occasion where I'd like to pull it up. But there's really just no space for it on the controller.

The “RB+LB” combo is pretty common in a lot of games to trigger abilities. COD and Destiny use it pretty well. I just feel like it’d be a nice addition to allow us to use that for our most used stance. For me it’d be chain trigger

I found myself having the same inconvenience. Would definitely like this ability. Granted I will probably have my keyboard set up in front of me to quickly hit the keys. Seems to be what most controller users are doing on JP servers.

@SauceHockey20 You use the 3 button configuration like I do and by pulling either RT or LT you get three more options plus the sub palate

@SauceHockey20 A "comrpomise" I've settled for has been to use a chatpad. Gives you the utility of the keyboard on your controller. One I've got is the Dobe brand. Under $20 on Amazon, and it works well for sub-pallete hotkeys (some chatpads don't properly "read" a held key as a held button, making them useless for this purpose). It's made using Force a lot easier. Still have to look down to make sure I'm hitting the right key since I'm not use to it yet but it's an improvement over having to lug a full size USB keyboard out or go without entirely.