Windows Store has made me Quit PSO2. Sega ... please use a different distribution service!

PSO2 keeps disappearing from my Windows 10 v2004 machine. And today it won't reinstall it either. It's taken me hours to take privs, and permissions of folders and files to delete the PSO2 install the store was saying needed repair. And it couldn't do it. Now that I have finally gotten it all deleted I'm not installing it again until Sega can provide a better installation method.

Due to the Windows Store being horrible, I quit PSO2, and will no longer recommend it to anyone until there is a better installation option.

Just a downloadable patcher like EVERY OTHER MMO has would work. Come on Sega. You can do it.

Since I can no longer access PSO2 I'll just go play a different online game for now.

Ball is in your court Sega.

Seems like you have made up your mind. But if you haven't already read this topic, https://forum.pso2.com/topic/5164/transparent-blank-icon-in-windows-start-menu-taskbar-after-installing-from-microsoft-store , unfortunately there is nothing we can do to resolve the issue on windows 10 2004 until microsoft, xbox live and sega take note of this issue.

@Margrave1 Sorry about the issues you've had! From what I hear the team is hard at work trying to get it under wraps atm! 😄 Also a steam release should be coming soon as well! If you really can't wait to play you could also give the JP client a try, but I do suggest checking back when the issues are all cleared up! 😄

This whole PC launch has been horrible. This has been an example of what NOT to do.

Just horrible launch. One of the worse I've been in, and I've been in most mmorpg launches since UO.

And thanks much for the link but I've already tried all of those suggestions. MS Store just doesn't work. If I can I will never use it again if I can get out of it.

@Margrave1 said in Windows Store has made me Quit PSO2. Sega ... please use a different distribution service!:

PSO2 keeps disappearing from my Windows 10 v2004 machine. And today it won't reinstall it either. It's taken me hours to take privs, and permissions of folders and files to delete the PSO2 install the store was saying needed repair. And it couldn't do it. Now that I have finally gotten it all deleted I'm not installing it again until Sega can provide a better installation method.

Due to the Windows Store being horrible, I quit PSO2, and will no longer recommend it to anyone until there is a better installation option.

Just a downloadable patcher like EVERY OTHER MMO has would work. Come on Sega. You can do it.

Since I can no longer access PSO2 I'll just go play a different online game for now.

Ball is in your court Sega.

Sadly, this is the mode I’ve been operating in since the day of launch when the game bricked my HDD and wouldn’t let me delete it. I couldn’t even send an email after it filled my drive after telling it to install elsewhere. I have had malware that did less damage to my computer. Steam or PS4 and I’m in. I won’t risk damaging my computer again.

I’ve also been playing MMOs since the Ultima Online days and I’m used to games crashing and lagging on release day. I’m not used to them damaging my computer and I’ve NEVER seen a company allow game breaking issues to remain for three weeks or more.

@Margrave1 said in Windows Store has made me Quit PSO2. Sega ... please use a different distribution service!:

This worked for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4hsCZ3pigk

http://arks-layer.com/

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/gv3pdg/new_tweaker_will_fix_all_your_issues_and_not_have/

This got it installed, and running without needing that crap WinStore

just an fyi tweaker was messing up just as badly as the Microsoft store... so much so i just quit trying to get it to work with tweaker. once i removed both and completely deleted both i just reinstalled using the Microsoft store and its been working for the past week with no problems. but i had to make sure everything was gone from both PSO2 and Tweaker before it actually worked.

I've already noticed dwindling player populations, it makes me extremely sad that after so long we finally get this game and Sega and MS are screwing it up horribly. I get this feeling that this poor launch is going to make Sega unhappy then we won't get the next PSO, or wait nearly a decade once more.

I'm sorry Sega, but you and MS are having huge problems here that absolutely must be worked out. I'm on here being more than a tad angry because I just had my install botched by the MS store AGAIN. This is the second time, and the game hasn't even been out a full month yet. I understand that MS is sponsoring this and they want the store to work but if they want that store to work they need to decouple the game from the store's update system the second it finishes the initial install.

The original install is already only like 10% of the game size more or less, and when the store starts fussing with the files it breaks everything. While I'm blessed with a pretty reasonable ISP too, some people have data caps and downloading 90gb is bad enough but doing it every week because Microsoft is incompetent is just not acceptable. Please Sega for the love of god, get MS to fix this before they ruin your game for the west

@AHall1983 said in Windows Store has made me Quit PSO2. Sega ... please use a different distribution service!:

I've already noticed dwindling player populations, it makes me extremely sad that after so long we finally get this game and Sega and MS are screwing it up horribly. I get this feeling that this poor launch is going to make Sega unhappy then we won't get the next PSO, or wait nearly a decade once more.

I'm sorry Sega, but you and MS are having huge problems here that absolutely must be worked out. I'm on here being more than a tad angry because I just had my install botched by the MS store AGAIN. This is the second time, and the game hasn't even been out a full month yet. I understand that MS is sponsoring this and they want the store to work but if they want that store to work they need to decouple the game from the store's update system the second it finishes the initial install.

The original install is already only like 10% of the game size more or less, and when the store starts fussing with the files it breaks everything. While I'm blessed with a pretty reasonable ISP too, some people have data caps and downloading 90gb is bad enough but doing it every week because Microsoft is incompetent is just not acceptable. Please Sega for the love of god, get MS to fix this before they ruin your game for the west

I am seconding this. Most of my friends are pretty burnt out on MMOs and said they wouldn't play this game because of that but I lucked out and all of them were bored enough to give PSO2 a chance...only for the game to not work for most of them. Of the two that stuck around, one used Tweaker to get around the issues while the other...who was REALLY into the game...well the latest Windows update broke his install. It just stopped working. Like, he clicks the icon and nothing happens.

I know this because the same thing happened to me when I tried to play on my laptop. Click button, nothing happens. Run in Administrator Mode? Nothing Happens. Uninstall? Nothing happens. ONE time I ran in Administrator Mode and it...gave me a Japanese error message and launched the Japanese launcher that I know I didn't install on that machine?! Now I've installed Tweaker on it but...cripes it is seriously easier to just play the Japanese version with the English translation than to play the actual English version!

Y'all need to get this thing on NOT Microsoft Store ASAP. I can only HOPE I can get my friends and everyone who was excited for this game to give it a second chance when it hits Steam.

Yep, I've done it twice now and I'm afraid #3 is going to hit soon because MS has another Windows Update queued. I'm pretty sure each time it's broken before is shortly after restart for an update (but maybe not RIGHT after reboot)

@Abloo said in Windows Store has made me Quit PSO2. Sega ... please use a different distribution service!:

@Margrave1 Sorry about the issues you've had! From what I hear the team is hard at work trying to get it under wraps atm! 😄 Also a steam release should be coming soon as well! If you really can't wait to play you could also give the JP client a try, but I do suggest checking back when the issues are all cleared up! 😄

Have they actually said anything recently about getting it fixed?

@ThumbnailOrc419 said in Windows Store has made me Quit PSO2. Sega ... please use a different distribution service!:

@Abloo said in Windows Store has made me Quit PSO2. Sega ... please use a different distribution service!:

Have they actually said anything recently about getting it fixed?

Not in the least. At this point, the fan base is like a dog who gets kicked repeatedly but still comes back to lay at his master’s feet.