Will Xbox players be able to play their characters on PC and close versa?

Good to know

only thing I have seen about supported PC OS - is specifically windows 10 - even should it wind up on steam store - which they have said something to that effect - that doesn't exactly mean anything beyond windows 10 - frankly I wouldn't hold my breath on them putting the effort for the older OS programs - only because they are essentially sticking with windows 10 like it is the life boat in the middle of the ocean and nothing else will float. I am also not saying any of this to be confrontational or anything - just pointing out the ... well, honestly, kind of sad truth, so no agro lol.

as for pc release time frame - I personally wouldn't expect it to be more than a couple months after the xbox one release at most - simply because they did specify spring for the pc version too - but they also said xbox first so who knows - still with spring being the declared window of release - it only gives them a few months breadth to delay - unless ofc they decide to change their minds - but then there would be announcements and backlash and a whole BUNCH of racket being raised about it all over the place by people - so that would be hard to miss - seeing as it hasn't happened as of yet - I will remain optimistic - though wary lol - then again that's just good practice in general for all things video games these days lol.

@GamerKillance said in Will Xbox players be able to play their characters on PC and close versa?:

@F0XB0MB said in Will Xbox players be able to play their characters on PC and close versa?:

Yes it will be possible.

You will be using your xbox live account for PC and on xbox and can use the same character.

But if the sava data is allocated to the console and not the server it won't be possible. Least that is how FF14 works.

From my understanding JP is almost exclusively server-side. So I would imagine Western is the same. I think Segac learned their lesson about saving data client-side back in the Xbox/GC days.

When I get the game on Steam or whatever they release it on do you just log in with your Windows 10 account?

@Zumi81 said in Will Xbox players be able to play their characters on PC and close versa?:

When I get the game on Steam or whatever they release it on do you just log in with your Windows 10 account?

If it is like sea of thieves then you log in with a microsoft account. (Not sure if windows 10 account are the same thing or not.)

@coldreactive said in Will Xbox players be able to play their characters on PC and close versa?:

Microsoft account actually for PC (via Microsof Store), which is tied to your Xbox Live Account. We don't know the details on a steam release and how it will work.

I mean, cross-save is available for Destiny 2 across all systems, including Steam, so while it may not launch with it, it's not outside of the realm of possibility for them to do so in the future. I still hope for as much cross playability as possible. This is 100% the reason I want to get a wireless keyboard and mouse for my Xbox now (not that it's needed with the controls, I just like K&M) but being able to play with the same controls across systems without having to start whole new characters or accounts would be AMAZING. I once again call upon the Sega gods to make this happen. Whatever they need from us, we are but humble servants!