FPS Issues (Not Lobby Lag) (Older Hardware)

I've been having FPS problems since launch and I'm honestly out of options on how to fix it. I wouldn't mind playing on PSX level graphics if it meant getting stable 60 fps to actually play this game but so far no dice.

I've re-downloaded the JP client as well as the JP EP4 Benchmark and my system seems fine on their end. 60 FPS Max on the JP side and 120 fps average on the benchmark. In contrast I'm only getting 30 fps cap in the lobby, in the ship, in the map, and when faced with lots of stuff on the screen like an UQ or something of the like it drops to an abysmal 5-15 fps (which is basically a slideshow sometimes).

I know my specs of i5-4670k and GTX 770 are old but keep in mind this is an 8 year old game and it works perfectly fine on the JP side but not the NA side.

Here are the things I've tried so far:

• Playing the Game with both the MS store and Tweaker seem to not do anything.

• Changing the Shader Settings to 1 thru 6 seem to no affect anything outside of looking horrible. (1 from 6 gets maybe 2-4 fps) list item

• Literally turning off all the graphical options and reducing everything to minimal settings doesn't do much either (Max Players: 1, Max Photon : 1, etc)

• I've played around with the FPS and Resolution settings to no real progress either. (Windowed FS, FS, 720p, 640p) (60 fps, 120 fps, Unlimited)

• Forcing the GPU to be used and changing the settings in Nvidia Control panel and Advanced Graphical Display did nothing.

The only thing I could think of that causing this is that when MS/Sega jury rigged the client to work with the Xbox One and jammed Xbox integration in there along with changing the client from 32 bit to 64 bit, they broke something in the client that makes it run smoothly for older machines.

The recommended settings for PSO2 are ancient.

Recommended Requirements

OS: Win 7 64 Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7600 3.06GHz / AMD Athlon II X2 270 Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6670 or NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 System Memory: 3 GB RAM Storage: 8 GB Hard drive space

It feels like people that have extremely overkill systems or just recent systems are fine but people with actual hardware from that time period are just lagging.

I haven't seen much discussion about this since when I search up lag or fps it relates to lobby lag which I believe they fixed in both the Tweaker and Official Version.

I'm posting this since I really do want to play the game, but its painful to play an action mmo lite at 30 or under fps :/. Hopefully someone sees this at MS/Sega since I'm not sure I can do anything to improve my situation.

P.S. I've found one topic on the official forums, so at least it's not just me. (https://forum.pso2.com/topic/5163/ui-causes-fps-drops-na-client-runs-worse-than-jp). I've also seen some people on the PSO2 discord ask about this (with often no answers since most of the people in there are still having trouble installing the game)

Please I just want to play the game lagfree 😢

Edit : Found a workaround that I did a few days ago and the last few days I've been able to I think 60 fps everything. It's looking hopeful to be honest. I can actually play the game in UQ's without seeing a slideshow. In the first edit post with the other person on the official forums a poster (TooFab4U3347) found that installing DXVK (A DirectX that's more optimized) worked out for them.

Steps

The poster also stated that the newest Nvidia Driver wasn't playing nice and they had to rollback to 446.14. I was on 446.14 and haven't updated and I can tell you it works really well. Your mileage may vary and this probably isn't a 100% fix for everyone but it works for me so it might work for you too.

One of the things I've noticed is that I can't really check the FPS with fraps or Xbox gamebar anymore but sometimes gamebar works for a while and I see 59 fps. I've also played the new Vegas UQ and the before and after fix is breathtaking. Here's to hoping this works for you too!

I'm having a similar issue. My FPS drops if I open any menu/window (inventory, personal shop), and it drops insanely bad in urgency quests. This didn't happen until I had a windows update to June version.

My PC specs are even higher than yours with an i7-8700k and gtx 1070 ti and it only lags if i do those things above. 4 man maps are okay unless there is a lot of PSE bursts going on.

I wish they fix this soon... as it's playable, but its just horrible half of the time.

I am also having this issue. The only conclusion I have is something with the 64 bit client is not correctly optimized with my hardware. According to GeForce experience, I should be able to run this game at highest settings.

Here is an example of the issue.

NA Poor FPS (15-29 FPS)

JP Perfect FPS (140+ FPS)

My hardware specs:

• GeForce GTX 770 (updated driver)
  • Intel Core i7-4770k CPU 3.50 Ghz
  • 16 GB RAM

I noticed in JP version my GPU is being used 80-100% usage, however in NA my GPU usage is very low, 10-20%. My CPU usage is about the same for both versions. Additionally, I made sure my integrated GPU is not being used.

Steps I have attempted to resolve:

• Reinstalled game (3 times)
  • Attempted to use lowest settings (although not needed, as GeForce says I can run on highest settings.)
  • Used with PSO2 Tweaker, and used without.
  • Made sure PSO2 was set to high performance in windows graphic settings.
  • Used Nvidia Control panel to ensure that correct GPU was being used and set to high performance.
  • Attempted to run in compatibility mode of older Windows versions (I was running out of ideas at this point)
  • I have tested other 64 bit games, which use my GPU as expected.
  • Contacted Nvidia Support who did some troubleshooting but ultimately said it was the game at fault.
  • I opened up two tickets, #46810 - was replied with that they will send feedback, I did reply to this ticket but got no response.
  • Opened a second ticket #47756 - was never replied to.

Hope more people comment on this so it can be fixed. It literally is the only reason I am not buying premium.

I've also been having this issue as well

Have you guys tried sending a ticket regarding this issue? You may send a ticket here in this link https://pso2.com/support#contact-us 😊

@GM-Sohee Hi, did you read the entire thread? In my post, I gave two ticket numbers. I did submit a third ticket, I have not had a reply on two of them, and the first one where I did get a reply, there was no assistance given, I replied back but got no follow-up response.

@WILLASSANDRO We are asking for your understanding and patience. Please know that the support team has flooded ticket load and they will accompany you once they are done with the other ticket queue. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

I've got the same issue, my rig should be good enough to get stable FPS which I do get on the JP server but I have MASSIVE stutters on NA especially during ultimates/magatsu, borderline unplayable. I have sent a ticket with my details to see if they can work something out.