How about fixing the scammer spammer problem?

Lobbies have a desperate issue with these dumbass scam spammers in lobbies blasting the chat with repeat messages and their damn website.

Here's something to prevent in the chat!

"WWW.PSO2AH.COM" this website is the basis of an entire plague poisoning the chat logs of every player who dares enter a lobby for more than a minute!

And for christ sake, nobody reading this actually use the damn website, I don't want to be seen facilitating the justification for the existence of this annoying crap!

Actually they have noted on this situation. The players are actually bots made to play. From what I heard these players do get banned right away and then once again a new one is created. I think they tried making that exact typing a illegal letter combination but now I see people with spaces after each letter.

@King-Of-Red I'd at least redact the website from this post as not to garner it more attention and sales. I do agree though that they should add a blacklist of this website that will mute anybody or ban them outright for advertising it.

@ERICK001BC said in How about fixing the scammer spammer problem?:

Actually they have noted on this situation. The players are actually bots made to play. From what I heard these players do get banned right away and then once again a new one is created. I think they tried making that exact typing a illegal letter combination but now I see people with spaces after each letter.

I still see it normally, sadly. But even then, it's pretty easy to update and adapt a blacklist for each spelling, and can even adapt it around the ways they advertise as well and not just the site until there's no options left for them.

@Silver said in How about fixing the scammer spammer problem?:

I still see it normally, sadly. But even then, it's pretty easy to update and adapt a blacklist for each spelling, and can even adapt it around the ways they advertise as well and not just the site until there's no options left for them.

FFXIV usually bans thousands at a time, and then thousands replace them all at once (yes, really. Some servers become congested just due to new bots being registered due to ban waves.)

@coldreactive Oh I am aware of it. Warframe had the same problem until they did an auto kick from the chat. If anything is put in the world wide chat area it will auto boot/kick you. They have auto moderator bots to deal with spam and website information.

@coldreactive said in How about fixing the scammer spammer problem?:

FFXIV usually bans thousands at a time, and then thousands replace them all at once (yes, really. Some servers become congested just due to new bots being registered due to ban waves.)

I wonder how JP servers deal with it then. Because they are virtually nonexistent on there.

I wonder how JP servers deal with it then. Because they are virtually nonexistent on there.

I mostly stopped seeing them myself in FFXIV. But sometimes bots have a list of players they think are the cause of them getting banned, and they may not whisper you anymore once you're on that list. Hunting bots (ones that kill enemies) are still widespread, and only in ARR zones.

@coldreactive said in How about fixing the scammer spammer problem?:

I mostly stopped seeing them myself. But sometimes bots have a list of players they think are the cause of them getting banned, and they may not whisper you anymore once you're on that list.

Never a whisper I got, just see them spamming publicly in the lobby.

It's gotta make one wonder if some are actually falling for that phishing site. Nobody would waste time making bots if there wasn't some kind of profit. Especially if the goal is to get money without earning it, as seen with the frequently spammed website in question. It's died down overall though, as it was in every lobby I'd find one, and every day. Now it's only every so often. It's still annoying when I see it though.

@Anarchy-Marine Well I did go check it out to see wth it was. A lot of the prices are very different than that $1=1mil. I was also reading how they do it and its basically a modded account which they will need your info. Red flags everywhere. I am sure some people where desperate enough to use it in the beginning. But you just have to keep on reporting them until it becomes a rarity seeing them.

Hello! Thank you for bringing this up. Please know that we do not tolerate offenders in-game. You may assist us by submitting a report to our support so we could provide sanction to these violators. Link: https://pso2.com/support#contact-us

@GM-Bleed Is there a better way of reporting it. I tend to report under harrasment/other and I write in the comment section website spamming. On that note, could we get a offensive/graphic/nudity/explicit option so we don't have to write it each time.

@ERICK001BC This is a bad idea, because anyone could be offended by anything, for any reason at any time. What they do need is an in game block option, so that if someone is offending you, you can simply block them, that way, neither party has their day ruined. If your talking about symbol art, for now, you can leave the area, and if you don't like someone's outfit choice, nobody is forcing you to stay there, because censorship of anything, because someone simply doesn't like it, within reason, is morally wrong.

It's one thing to be tired of bots, because those are everywhere, and they spam phishing sites, designed to steal credit information, which is bad. But what your talking about, could be applied to the vast majority of players. This is as far as I know a mature game, and if you don't like what another player is doing, so long as they aren't targeting you with harassment, that's too bad. And what you are proposing would open the door for abuse.

For instance, as previously stated, the offense one is vague, and is too broad a term. The sexually explicit one, could be misconstrued by people new to the game, as grounds for reporting someone in a skimpy, or in the case of the soap bubbles one, near nude, outfits. Again, symbol art, you can just walk out, or hit them with the old anti lewd spray bottle symbol art, this way it creates comedy, and everyone gets a laugh. There is no need to report someone for something so petty. Any and all of the other options again, will always happen, so reporting someone for a disagreement, that got heated would also be childish. I could go on, but this post is already lengthy.

My point is, your idea just opens all the wrong doors, and so long as the person isn't a bot spamming chat, the mature thing to do in all of those other cases is to simply walk away like an adult. It's not that hard. Maybe it wasn't your intent to try to censor everyone you don't like, but that's how this post, in particular, came off to me.

@Anarchy-Marine There is a big difference as to what offends someone and what the game prohibits. Everyone is under contracts when playing and when they break those it is our duty to report it. It's in the guild lines of what can be posted and not.