I am done, i want my money back

@Shirokami07 Back when Steam didn't have an easy to use refund system, people had to pay for a game, realize it didn't work on their computer, and had to go through several layers of bureaucracy to get a refund. Before Steam, people would buy games on disk at the shop (Usually Electronics Boutique or Babbages or whatever small local shop that would sell video games), and some of those had no refund policies. So anybody buying a game there and then finding out it wouldn't run on their systems were forced to either sell it as an used game or keep it until they could fix/upgrade their systems. So yeah, buying games people can't play has been a thing since home computers started to play games at all.

@ZorokiHanuke said in I am done, i want my money back:

So yeah, buying games people can't play has been a thing since home computers started to play games at all.

It's also not limited to PCs. Our first Mega Drive turned out to be an imported Genesis. Worked fine for a while but then a new game didn't work on it. In that instance it was the console that needed replacing!

Consoles could also slow-fail where some games would run while others wouldn't. If I remember my family had a Dreamcast and a Wii where that happened, both times to do with the laser.

@Miraglyth I once bought a Playstation 2 game. It was a single disc collection of Real Bout Fatal Fury games or something like that if I remember. I still have it around in one of my storage boxes. Thing is, I couldn't play the game at all, I could only hear audio. Everything else (including older games) worked in that console. It was just that game. Anyway, I'm assuming it was an issue with the game's compatibility with my component cable setup (remember those were a thing for a bit before HDMI?). But I never really investigated further. I just left it as is and moved on, hoping to one day be able to play the game.