I am done, i want my money back

@morizan said in I am done, i want my money back:

@DDDDLife said in I am done, i want my money back:

well here is an update on me getting my money back, a lot of you have been very douptfull that i would be able to get a refund.

well....you were wrong

i have reveved a full refund for the ragol pack and arc points threw the microsoft store.

maybe ill try the game again when it is released on steam provided the game dont nuke itself on the daily

I dont suppose you pull the same stunt over at Gamestop? ( God forbid that you do. ) alt text

you mean get a refund for a faulty product. will do that evry day of the week

Uhuh.. Just carefully peel the stickers off and then when you are tired of using it.. You can still return it. It's no wonder optical drives are dying in consoles.

well here is an update on me getting my money back, a lot of you have been very douptfull that i would be able to get a refund.

well....you were wrong

i have reveved a full refund for the ragol pack and arc points threw the microsoft store.

maybe ill try the game again when it is released on steam provided the game dont nuke itself on the daily

Good to know. Though I'd say, with the bad experience you just had, I'd not even give them the benefit of coming back. And I'm blaming more MS shenanigans here, as the game may not have had such issues for so many people if it were released as a stand alone game free of the MS Store stuff.

It's time more gamers started looking elsewhere besides MS for the OS choice. Linux is a good, growing platform and if more gamers broke the ice with it and start giving it more support, I'm sure more gaming companies would follow with patches for their games. I believe MS has been at the helm of PC gaming for way too long, and they are so complacent at that position that they feel they can screw people with no real consequences.

I myself will most likely make a dual boot to start learning to use that OS.

@ZorokiHanuke said in I am done, i want my money back:

well....you were wrong

Good to know. Though I'd say, with the bad experience you just had, I'd not even give them the benefit of coming back. And I'm blaming more MS shenanigans here, as the game may not have had such issues for so many people if it were released as a stand alone game free of the MS Store stuff.

It's time more gamers started looking elsewhere besides MS for the OS choice. Linux is a good, growing platform and if more gamers broke the ice with it and start giving it more support, I'm sure more gaming companies would follow with patches for their games. I believe MS has been at the helm of PC gaming for way too long, and they are so complacent at that position that they feel they can screw people with no real consequences.

I myself will most likely make a dual boot to start learning to use that OS.

Fun fact.. PSO2 is on Linux Servers.. ROFL!

He had more than viable grounds to seek a refund for digital goods, when the people responsible for providing the digital product cannot even maintain basic function of the client working for a customer, through no fault of the customer.

Imagine trying to berate someone who literally cannot even use or properly enjoy the product purchased because of the providers issues, as if the customer is somehow scamming to want a justified refund.

I'm happy he was able to smoothly and without issue receive a refund for his purchase. Like he mentioned, this at least opens the avenue that if a steam launch happened and wasn't actively dysfunctional to the point of unplayability, he might return as a customer.

Making him go out of his way to force a chargeback from the bank and get banned permanently from the game over it when it's their fault to begin with is how you actually start the slippery slope of getting extreme shade and disrespect from people who are suffering issues through no fault of their own.

You should be encouraging his behavior, not trying to clown on him or shame him for it, just because you personally might be able to play the game without issue. Distasteful.

@DDDDLife Considering gamestop went bankrupt here in finland due to their shenanigans and screwing over customers which they do in EVERY country courtesy of their trade in game policies.

I'd not even defend that whole business.

@AeonXIII said in I am done, i want my money back:

I'm happy he was able to smoothly and without issue receive a refund for his purchase. Like he mentioned, this at least opens the avenue that if a steam launch happened and wasn't actively dysfunctional to the point of unplayability, he might return as a customer.

Exactly! And he's clearly still considering that, so considering the calamitous launch doesn't seem like it can be fixed in a timely fashion this is really the best outcome available for all involved.

@AeonXIII Honestly, I was still expecting the refund to be declined by MS, though I've also had them make exceptions for me in the past so I shouldn't have assumed so. 🤷

@Stretcharach I'm surprised they gave refunds too.

But then again since the situation is what it is, they played smart by giving the money back otherwise it would lead to a loss of customers and possible court cases if someone would get fed up enough and surely someone would find some kind of law or such to sue Microsoft for a broken product that costed them money.

@SleeprunnerInc Yep yep. Even without law, if enough people decided to persue a civil suit or w/e, successful or not, it would still take time and resources from MS to address.

@Stretcharach Yeah.

Honestly this is a bit off topic but I am smelling that the game will flop hard if MS and Sega don't address all these issues within a month.

Today one of my friends decided to stop playing cause their game uninstalled itself AGAIN and it was purely installed through tweaker.

So not even Tweaker is safe apparently.

I'll personally give them a month to see what happens and if it goes to hell, well I'll do another JP account.

@SleeprunnerInc I sometimes believe these companies flop these games on purpose just to leave the matter in the past by saying "hey, we tried but you didn't like it so that's why we didn't bring the game here for the past 8 years". That pretty much happend when Kritika online was slaughtered by Enmasse (a NA publisher owned by the owners of PUBG). Their forums were chock full of ideas to fix the game, they decided that people weren't buying instead, and decided to shut down. The ghost of that game exists today as Kritika Reboot, and is pretty much on the same state because the current handlers (ironically the actual dev of the game) is nearly as ignorant. I'm seeing PSO2 NA rolling on this same path, sadly, and what will mean is that it will be a lingering ghost town game, or it will eventually shut down while the JP version thrives...

@ZorokiHanuke Yeah.

While I do not want to see the game flop, I also don't want to see excuses made for why the game is as it is.

They should have just brought the entire thing at once and just released scratches etc and focused on fixing the game, implementing events and so on while letting players explore and learn the game on their own.

The ''It's gona be overwhelming for new people!'' argument is not a good one.

There are hundreds of successfull MMO's that ease new players in even if they haev all the content infront of them to do.

Black desert online is a good example of an MMO people say is overwhelming but it eases people in pretty well and promotes exploration.

@SleeprunnerInc People mostly want a working, bug free game. That's the main complain many players have. Gameplay and mechanics come second to that since you can't even delve into gameplay if you can't play at all. So long as the game works and has a dedicated team of devs who love the game and want it to succeed, the game should be doing fine. Look at the stories of WoW and FFXIV. Those two have become staples of multi player RPGs for a reason. They both have had their ugly moments, but devs have stood up to the challenge and these games continue to thrive and become more enduring the longer they stay online. Compare that to many cash grab MMOs out there that have either shut down or are ghost towns with only whales running around. So every company out there should take the example that hard work and a deep understanding of what you are publishing will be what makes a game successful.

@ZorokiHanuke Definately.

FFXIV is a good redeem story much like No Mans sky in teh gaming world.

However FFXIV went through a massive re-development, watering itself down to a point where they could NOT screw it up which worked in their favour and it's great.

But it also lost a lot of it's uniqueness but that's another thread.

Point is, they brought the game back and redeemed themselves to a successfull business and gave the same content out to all regions at hte same time with SOME outfits being regionlocked as part of collaboration like a specific maid outfit was Japan only during Stormblood.

So you paid for a game you didn't even play?

LMAOOOOOOOOOOO