I am done, i want my money back

you can use arks layer launcher. it will not bug around.

@NaiMeow said in I am done, i want my money back:

you can use arks layer launcher. it will not bug around.

I'm aware but like I said since it's working fine for me I'll stay as is unless it does it on a weekly basis like it did for my friend.

We also don't know if eventually, some bright mind at Sega or MS will want to prevent users from using tweaker. Sure, that would spell the death of the PC version (and most likely of the whole NA build since xb1 isn't really a popular console compared to PS4/Switch). So all we can ask and hope for is that MS breaks the link between the game and the MS store, and maybe use other login mechanism that doesn't include such an app, which has been wonky ever since W10 was released.

@ZorokiHanuke probably won't happen (either blocking tweaker or breaking the link). MS is moving towards cloud gaming and the new features of the MSIX that allow using external launches seems to be working towards the goal of allowing more developers into the MS store environment without having to completely turn their game into a UWP.

Feels like PSO2 is just a giant test to gather information on that what all can go wrong and will be used towards making it a smoother transition for future titles. Hopefully they fix these issues to, but I feel like that's secondary in priorities.

@John-Paul-RAGE If that's their road map then I shouldn't have much hopes for a prompt resolution. I mean, How long has the MS store been buggy? We still get scenarios where the whole thing disappears from people's computers, and even in cases where it's present, it's very prone to throw errors or break something else in the PC (and even not work at all unless you agree to whatever location MS thinks you live at). Then we get the whole W10 problem on top of that. MS hasn't even fixed many OS errors that prevent their OWN Surface brand computers to work properly. So yeah, going to work on advancement of some technology without fixing at least the critical errors people have been having for years... yeah, hope hope.

@ZorokiHanuke that's when the next Windows comes out promising it is even better, lol.

Granted, I have enjoyed Win10 a lot more, but there are various odd issues that never have Microsoft recognized fixes.

There are still even problems with older Xbox Play anywhere games that never got any fixes because the number of users impact didn't justify the time, at least I assume that is why.

Streaming will probably work better than having to Install it in terms of things that can go wrong, but it is really bad for customers to get brushed off cause they are part of the minority. This fix is really dependent on how much the two are working together, though. MS has to educate SEGA on how to fix it, SEGA has got to do it properly, then MS needs to VERIFY it was done properly instead of just approving it for the store because they are a MS partner crap.

@Ragnawind said in I am done, i want my money back:

Unfortunately, that is how PSO2 JP handles it, too, though there is a remedy for that, but it could cause issues with updating and the like. That remedy being to highlight everything in the folder and compressing it.

Oh believe me, I tried to do that on launch day to see if it would be faster than downloading the game twice more in this house. Windows' zip support, WinRAR and 7Zip all gave up halfway through from the sheer number of files involved and the time it took for all three of them to fail was enough for one of the downloads to finish!

Simply copying the files over a local network didn't work either; those overheads I mentioned include copying; because Windows copies files one at a time the number of tiny files actually bottlenecks the process and reduces the speed to a tenth of what it should have been able to do.

@ZorokiHanuke said in I am done, i want my money back:

So all we can ask and hope for is that MS breaks the link between the game and the MS store, and maybe use other login mechanism that doesn't include such an app, which has been wonky ever since W10 was released.

I don't think there's been much issue with the Xbox Live account integration? It's been the cause of some people accidentally buying AC on the wrong account (which before anyone says anything, I know is not the only cause of purchased AC going missing!) but beyond that I think it's been okay? It's mostly the Microsoft Store and PSO2 launcher and their apparent incompatibilities.

Likely when the game is provided by other means it'll be completely decoupled from Microsoft Store (and the ownership and permission gumf, and the ModifiableWindowsApps gumf) but still need an Xbox Live account to log in on startup as it does now. And I'd be okay with that.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in I am done, i want my money back:

Granted, I have enjoyed Win10 a lot more, but there are various odd issues that never have Microsoft recognized fixes.

Honestly I'm quite happy with Windows 10 overall. It has brought in a bunch of efficiencies, power user features and modernisations and even going back to 7 sometimes I miss those. If it wasn't for its desire to put a stranglehold on our ability to update and restart when we want to (I'm a responsible computer user, Microsoft! You can trust me!) and for this recent joke of an experience with their deeply unpopular app store (maybe like Epic Games they should try the radical approach of making it not suck) I wouldn't have anything to complain about.

@John-Paul-RAGE And at the end of the day, we will still have a bunch of users unable to play games. Also, I'm not really to excited at the prospect of streaming my gaming (if what we are talking here is about basically a video feed I can control my character from). I live in a part of the world (The Caribbean) where we will not get fast download speeds (nor proper gaming ping) in a few years. So I'll still want my games downloaded and running from my own device to lower network usage as much as possible.

@Miraglyth While I know the MS account is needed for login, I also thought, for some reason, that such login happened through the Store and not through the actual xbox app (or any other login method). So, correct me if I'm wrong on that assumption? I haven't checked the task manager to see what's running when the game is started. But I found it a bit odd that I never saw anything relating to the xbox app showing up when playing. Then again, I have that hud off anyway...

Microsoft has integrated a bunch of Xbox game stuff into Windows 10 anyway. Windows+G brings up the Xbox Game Bar for instance. It probably doesn't need to have anything visible for it to be able to do what it needs to when starting the game up.

This is also likely why it requires Windows 10 in the first place and will surely continue to do so even after the game is freed from the Microsoft Store install requirement.

Just to throw my hat in the "I'm fed up" ring. I had no problems for weeks other than stuttery lobby. After the most recent Feature Update it wouldn't launch. I tried repair... 2 hours and 1 core of my i7 pegged later no change. So I hit uninstall and... it's about the same. This game is like malware at this point. It's been 1 hour at 1 full core pegged and some weirdly low disk overhead and nothing is happening. Thanks AppXSVC! I hope I can claw back the disk space...

I enjoyed my time in PSO2 in the first couple weeks but this... why should I deal with this? Thank god I didn't pay anything, and I was thinking about it since I was having fun.

@gaspump7150 said in I am done, i want my money back:

Just to throw my hat in the "I'm fed up" ring. I had no problems for weeks other than stuttery lobby. After the most recent Feature Update it wouldn't launch. I tried repair... 2 hours and 1 core of my i7 pegged later no change. So I hit uninstall and... it's about the same. This game is like malware at this point. It's been 1 hour at 1 full core pegged and some weirdly low disk overhead and nothing is happening. Thanks AppXSVC! I hope I can claw back the disk space...

I enjoyed my time in PSO2 in the first couple weeks but this... why should I deal with this? Thank god I didn't pay anything, and I was thinking about it since I was having fun.

Sorry that happened! I do suggest checking back when the game does get a steam release, this MMO really is fun! Or you could give the JP version a try while ya wait, Ship 2 has a pretty helpful english community 😃

well here is an update on me getting my money back, a lot of you have been very douptfull that i would be able to get a refund.

well....you were wrong

i have reveved a full refund for the ragol pack and arc points threw the microsoft store.

maybe ill try the game again when it is released on steam provided the game dont nuke itself on the daily

@morizan said in I am done, i want my money back:

well here is an update on me getting my money back, a lot of you have been very douptfull that i would be able to get a refund.

well....you were wrong

i have reveved a full refund for the ragol pack and arc points threw the microsoft store.

maybe ill try the game again when it is released on steam provided the game dont nuke itself on the daily

I dont suppose you pull the same stunt over at Gamestop? ( God forbid that you do. ) alt text

@morizan Well consider me un-nay-say..ed. Maybe I'll see you around.

@DDDDLife said in I am done, i want my money back:

@morizan said in I am done, i want my money back:

well....you were wrong

I dont suppose you pull the same stunt over at Gamestop? ( God forbid that you do. ) alt text

you mean get a refund for a faulty product. will do that evry day of the week