With 3 characters - best class split breakdown

So we get 3 characters on an account, if we don't buy an added slot.

If you were going to make 3 characters, what the best class split for main classes? (Everybody seems to do fighter as subclass, and sometimes something else... so for this topic, just the mainclass breakdown).

I'm thinking, and looking to see where I'm wrong...

Toon A:

• Hunter
  • Braver
  • Bouncer
  • Fighter

Toon B:

• Gunner
  • Ranger

Toon C

• Force
  • Summoner
  • Spelling Mistake Class (Techter)

Should I be moving some of these?

I've been wondering if Bounder actually belongs with the Toon C list... I've also been wondering if the stat breakdown is such that the only way to have an ideal situation is with 4 characters...

Thoughts?

When Phantom comes late this year (Q4): https://pso2.com/news/announcements/roadmap

Free users will have a better time using DEX Mags/etc. Because Phantom Triple Converts DEX into individual attack powers. Just for future you. Both Summoner and Techer use Phantom as good subclasses as an example.

If it is all just for getting to lv75 for Title Bonuses, you actually can break it down to not have to have a MEL-Mag at all, unless you want to play Hunter or Fighter.

In the current game, you can have:

• a DEX-Mag character using Bouncer and Braver, with Hunter or Fighter used as sub for both.
  • a RNG-Mag character using Gunner and Ranger, with Hunter or Fighter used as a sub for both.
  • a TEC-Mag character using Force, Tecther, and Summoner, with Fighter used as the sub for all three.

The Sigma weapons makes it easy to never have to touch Hunter or Fighter weapons when leveling them.

@coldreactive 's advice is sound, but Phantom is still a few months out, and by the time we get it, it will become much easier to quickly level thanks to Bonus Quests coming with Episode 4, so you could just power level Techter on your DEX-Mag character if you want (Summoner doesn't really benefit from Phantom Mag since it only uses one Pwr type, so it works just fine if you level Phantom for use with your TEC-Mag).

@Kichwas said in With 3 characters - best class split breakdown:

• Spelling Mistake Class (Techter)

Technically it's a more accurate translation of テクター but in our language the extra t doesn't sound right when speaking it, so I am all for changing it back to Techer.

@Silver Since itt's supposed to be a portmanteau of "Technique" and "Protector," it should just be pronounced like the latter word without the "pro"; the spelling just makes it seem off, but it is a normal combination of sounds.

@AndrlCh If only it felt normal to my tongue 😛

@AndrlCh said in With 3 characters - best class split breakdown:

If it is all just for getting to lv75 for Title Bonuses, you actually can break it down to not have to have a MEL-Mag at all, unless you want to play Hunter or Fighter.

So what subclass / mag would you recommend for Hunter or Fighter?

@coldreactive Like I said, that is if you don't plan on maining Hunter or Fighter.

If you do want to main them and don't want to buy an extra Mag, then your best bet is to eschew the DEX mag and have Bouncer with the MEL-Mag and Braver with either the MEL- or RNG-Mag, depending on if you are going with Katana or Bow, since Bouncer and Braver are generally just bad subclasses, especially for Hunter or Fighter main.

If you aren't going to main them, and just want to level them for the Titles, you use one of the other classes as the sub, using an all-class that matches it, like doing Hu/Gu using Sigma TMGs.

@AndrlCh said in With 3 characters - best class split breakdown:

If you do want to main them and don't want to buy an extra Mag, then your best bet is to eschew the DEX mag and have Bouncer with the MEL-Mag and Braver with either the MEL- or RNG-Mag, depending on if you are going with Katana or Bow, since Bouncer and Braver are generally just bad subclasses, especially for Hunter or Fighter main.

So you recommend Bouncer/Braver as Sub for Fighter/Hunter despite them not being good subclasses for them?

@coldreactive No, you use Hunter as a sub for Fighter, and Fighter as sub for Hunter. That comment was just to explain why you wouldn't make a DEX-Mag if you are maining Hunter and/or Fighter.