Pets

Pets! Pets! Have a question about your Pet? Looking for the best carpet cleaner? JK wrong Pet. But really though, this stickied thread is intended for the discussion of Pets. All classes are welcome, though it's assumed questions will relate to Summoner Pets. In-game Pets too please!

Less of a question and more just general advice:

Most pets have strong 2nd and 3rd basic attacks, but if you keep pressing the attack button, your pet will only use the weaker 1st basic attack. also, a number of Pet PAs can be canceled out into other Pet attacks early despite having backloaded damage. So when using pets, you still want to be deliberate with your attack inputs!

Sally, Popple, Redran, and Rappy do not have stronger 2nd and 3rd basic attacks, and you are free to just hold the attack button for them.

@NextTime000 said in Pets:

Most pets have strong 2nd and 3rd basic attacks, but if you keep pressing the attack button, your pet will only use the weaker 1st basic attack. also, a number of Pet PAs can be canceled out into other Pet attacks early despite having backloaded damage. So when using pets, you still want to be deliberate with your attack inputs!

there are three or four pets that do not have stronger 2nd and 3rd basic attacks, and you are free to just hold the attack button for them; but I wanna wait until I know their names in this version before I go talking about them heh (one of them is the Rappy pet though)

This guy knows his Pets.

๐Ÿ‘

Sally, Popple, Redran, and Rappy do not have stronger 2nd and 3rd basic attacks, and you are free to just hold the attack button for them.

Thanks for the great info q(โ‰งโ–ฝโ‰ฆq) !!!

By holding you mean just holding? Or just spamming like crazy? If so, how dfo we avoid this specifically? Do we do that whole combo mini-game thing we have where we mash the button at the right time (IE: the orb that appears on our characters when we execute an attack.)

@oldColdReactive said in Pets:

By holding you mean just holding? Or just spamming like crazy? If so, how dfo we avoid this specifically? Do we do that whole combo mini-game thing we have where we mash the button at the right time (IE: the orb that appears on our characters when we execute an attack.)

Summoners do not have the Just Attack function on their attacks with Pets (It should be mentioned that you can still JA on your techs and even perform a pet attack after a tech JA but you will not gain any benefit from doing this) So if you need to, you'll just have to properly space out your attacks yourself if you wish to perform the full attack animation on certain attacks.

@oldColdReactive said in Pets:

summoner doesn't have the combo system, but you do want to wait for your pet to actually deal damage before pressing the button to issue a new command. otherwise your pet will stop it's first attack before to do the new command without having dealt the main chunk of that attack's damage. when you want your pet to use basic attacks, for most pets you just press the basic attack button once and your pet will go to town. if you keep pressing it, your pet will interrupt its own basic attack combo to reset the basic attack combo. the four pets I mentioned do not have an actual basic attack combo though, so those four pets in particular, you can just hold down the basic attack button, and they will attack faster.

I hear there's a guide that has the NA names for Pets...https://pso2.com/news/blogs/pets ๐Ÿ˜‰

ah yeah, while I was covering something things that article didn't really touch on, I forgot to mention that article covered the rest fairly well

Im curious if anyone has a site with the list of 14* egg drop locations?

Does anyone know if the Rappy pet is on the NA version on the Xbox one?

Sorry first of all, could someone tell me how do I summon my pet ??

@KAPOTANOOB You set Pets to your Weapon pallette; you put your Harmonizer in the Weapon slot, then you can select your pet in the next slot.

@AndrlCh So only a summoner class can use pets?

@KAPOTANOOB Yes, unless you can obtain an Multi-Class Harmonizer, though to date there are only like 2 or 3 of those on the JP server.