Newbie questions to be ready before the open beta

Long time PSU player, but I just got to experience PSO2 in the closed beta. I am sure I will have more questions, but this is what I can think of involing mags. I am trying to have my Ranger build ready to implement as soon as the game opens back up.

Now, I understand how to level a mag, but here are 2 questions that go along with this...

1. How do trigger actions work? Meaning, if I have say HP restore, what triggers my HP restoring? Is it just every few seconds?

2. How do I use a PB blast, and how do I select which one I have to use?

Thanks in advance.

@i48TonsOfSlaves said in Newbie questions to be ready before the open beta:

Long time PSU player, but I just got to experience PSO2 in the closed beta. I am sure I will have more questions, but this is what I can think of involing mags. I am trying to have my Ranger build ready to implement as soon as the game opens back up.

Now, I understand how to level a mag, but here are 2 questions that go along with this...

1. How do trigger actions work? Meaning, if I have say HP restore, what triggers my HP restoring? Is it just every few seconds?

So trigger actions have a % chance to proc. When they do based on the trigger it will activate it's effect.

1. How do I use a PB blast, and how do I select which one I have to use?

They must be added to the sub-palette in order to use them during quests. Just choose an empty area in the palette, and select the second tab to add a button that triggers your Photon Blast. The Photon Blast can't be activated right away, however. You must wait for the PB Gauge to fill.

Thanks in advance.

@The-Question

Thank you. Can you swap out trigger actions whenever you like, or are they permanently assigned to the mag?

@i48TonsOfSlaves said in Newbie questions to be ready before the open beta:

@The-Question

Thank you. Can you swap out trigger actions whenever you like, or are they permanently assigned to the mag?

They can be overwritten with new ones.