Re run scratch that was released before PC?

@Haltech-ECU said in Re run scratch that was released before PC?:

@GM-Bleed do not do not re run the tickets its not our fault pc players were to lazy to pick up a 75$ xbox one and play the game prior. The pc players think they need to feel entitled. You guys were at E3 for microsoft AND EVEN MENTIONED THAT XBOX WAS GETTING A CBT. But people still slept NOT TO MENTION CBT WAS ANNOUNCED IN 2019 AND DIDNT HAPPEN UNTIL FEB OF 2020 THAT GAVE PLENTY OF TIME FOR PEOPLE TO PICK A CONSOLE UP. #SORRYNOTSORRY

Dude, I'm sorry but, as someone on console, who doesn't mind re-rolls It's only a couple of weeks out of a year, you can wait patiently for new scratch items. It's not about being lazy, it's about not wanting to spend money unwisely, something you clearly know nothing about. If anyone is being entitled here, it's you thinking only you and your opinion matters, and that you think you speak on behalf of anyone but yourself. I'm happy that PC players are asking for what they want, as we had an open beta for long enough for several AC items to roll out, on top of the closed Beta. They have been waiting for the game far longer than you have, and you need to stop being so damn selfish.

@Silver said in Re run scratch that was released before PC?:

"Microsoft is a console company" he says, probably typing this on Microsoft Windows PC, first introduced in 1985 vs the Xbox in 2001.

This guy is literally just a troll. Just flag him and wait for the mods.

That, or an uneducated teenager. I've met some teens on console, that literally believe console predates PC, or that their games are developed on console and ported over, when they are developed on PC, then ported over to a dev kit for bug testing.

@Anarchy-Marine even as a teen myself I'd like to think most should know better, but...big yikes lol.

@Silver You'd be surprised. There are people on PC that aren't much better when it comes to history in general. There are all types of fools in this world, and they make the habit of being the most vocal, and the most hateful. They delude themselves into a false sense of ego, and expect everyone to respect them, and only them. Those that say PC-masterrace unironically, and hold disdain for those that would choose the console option, are no better than those that hate PC players for any reason under the sun. That could be said of anyone whom would hate for any reason. Hate the sin not the sinner is a saying for a reason, but people tend to forget that, just as much as they hate the notion of treating others how they would wish to be treated. You will see hypocrisy everywhere as you get older as an end result.

@Silver Jeez. I looked up that item and it's like 75mil on Ship 3. I don't think I've seen an item more expensive.

@Miraglyth referring to the weapons that were just labeled as PS4 exclusive and then surprising came out to other platforms during Destiny's decline in popularity.

@Grave-Knight Ship 3 is expensive in general. That's why I was happy PC players were coming, as their markets are usually more robust, and there is more competitive sales, meaning lower prices on average. The snafu on launch kind of killed that, so the few Xbox gamers that do have a store open, have the monopoly on the market. Prices are thusly high, and exceedingly so. At least some weapons, with decent augments are being sold at reasonable prices.

@Grave-Knight said in Re run scratch that was released before PC?:

@Silver Jeez. I looked up that item and it's like 75mil on Ship 3. I don't think I've seen an item more expensive.

Yeah that's why revivals are needed. I am NOT spending 75M just to wear a hat. That's stupid.

@Anarchy-Marine

I've noticed this myself. I've made some alts on the other ships to gauge how the economy works. I am on Ship2 myself.

My guess is people really want Meseta that badly. I generally sell my stuff at slightly lower prices to try to help with this problem given that if buyers aren't smart about their spending, prices will keep going up.

Not spending 40mil for a emote...

@Blues22475 Exactly. People don't know how to play the market, and judging by some of the posts on this site, don't know how to run a business. Or in some cases know how to do all of the above well, and are the ones with the monopoly.

@Anarchy-Marine even AC items currently still obtainable through scratch are selling for upwards of 10m meseta. Looking at it like that, you would just be trading 4 items you don't want for 1 item you do want.

Bringing back the pre-pc AC scratches will only temporarily bring down the price before it rockets back up after the availability period. The cycle will always continue because of supply and demand.

@Anarchy-Marine I could quote pretty much all of your posts to say I agree, but I'll save everyone the scrolling by simply saying thank you. You have a selfless and sensible perspective on all of this and it is rare to see such respect for the request and willingness to share in the patience from an Xbox player. I really appreciate your views on this.

@Grave-Knight Yeah, Ship 3 is definitely being affected by profiteering. Clearly the minority of prior players were rich enough (and planned well on which items to target) to have established a stranglehold on even some of the content that was released after PC launch on the assurance that PC players would be able to afford it one day. Please note I'm not trying to cause division by saying that. Demographic is just the only explanation for why this is only and so visibly happening on Ship 3.

@John-Paul-RAGE It's good to see that Destiny 2 provides another example of a game that does re run content some players were previously denied. Especially to provide a response to the people saying "No game ever brings its exclusive content back!" But that is an example and not assurance PSO2 will do it.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Re run scratch that was released before PC?:

Bringing back the pre-pc AC scratches will only temporarily bring down the price before it rockets back up after the availability period. The cycle will always continue because of supply and demand.

The reason the pre-PC scratch items are so expensive on Ship 3 is because only, what, 5% to 10%? of the active players were ever able to generate them. Whatever the number is, it's well below a critical mass that enables the price-fixing being described and demonstrated. Yes the cycle will continue, and yes if it's remotely desirable it'll become valuable after a re-run ends. In some ways that's a good thing, not least since it eliminates the argument you've surely seen that a re-run would unfairly (temporarily) devalue people's items.

But allowing the remaining 85%, 90% or whatever it is to generate the items as well means you don't have a severely artificial skew on supply and demand. The supply will be dramatically higher, substantial enough to avoid that critical mass happening and the demand will be slightly reduced by some would-be buyers actually pulling it in the scratch, either through fortune or by choosing it with the 30-scratch reward that lets them directly choose the item they want (which by the way is $55 - $60 to PSO2 every time someone does). Bottom line you'd still have rising value (and profiteering), you just wouldn't have the extremely unhealthy situation the first few AC sets have seen.

For what it's worth this is also the case with tradable free campaign rewards. In some cases (emotes) these are actually most expensive on Ship 2 instead, so they're a ready counter-example to it being entirely a Ship 3 problem. For those really the big issue is that they were free. Had PC been able to play they'd have met the simple requirements, but as it stands they're expected to hand over sometimes upwards of 10 million per item to someone else who could play earlier just for what some of us consider baseline content that we would certainly have got for free! And yes my desperation isn't helping but I'm just a symptom, not the problem.

@Miraglyth Well, I'm 27, and I've seen my fair share of things during my very short life, but they have all been teachers. I've learned patience, learned to anticipate things others would overlook, or outright deny, but would be a fool if I said that would make me a wise man. I'm analytical, not wise. And my view was that in regards to scratch items, if they cycle back in on the JP side of things, then they should in the NA side as well. It's only the right thing to do. Mirror what players on PC were expecting from the game they had to VPN to play. SEGA would increase the lifespan of the game doing that, as they would have more than enough players to support it. As botched as the PC launch was, I've never seen the servers so crowded that day, let alone that week. It's died off a bit, but that's understandable, as many were put off by bugs, the game uninstalling itself, etc.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Re run scratch that was released before PC?:

And my view was that in regards to scratch items, if they cycle back in on the JP side of things, then they should in the NA side as well. It's only the right thing to do. Mirror what players on PC were expecting from the game they had to VPN to play.

There are separate complaints about this in regard to monetisation; virtually everything sold in an SG Shop sale or Fresh Finds has been taken out of being a JP AC scratch and has been marked as not tradable in the process. Similarly many of the items given out in free campaigns prior to PC launch was from a scratch, or at least by another means of acquisition.

My favourite (sentimentally and as an example) Dreamcast mag for instance was provided as an extra for buying a magazine during ARKS Festival 2015, but for us was free for doing 3 urgent quests. Would I buy a magazine for it? You freakin' bet I would. Make it happen, Sega!