Auxiliary mag personalization?

Is there a way to determine what type of MAG your auxiliary gets? Like specifically? I'd prefer mine to have the pure Range MAG, the one that looks like the little spaceship, but having her at Gunner/Ranger causes it to level pure dex. I was going to reset my AUX anyway because I made a couple mistakes, so I was wondering if there was a way to specifically direct her to have the MAG I want. I know it probably dosn't matter a whole lot, but since they give you control over your AUx's aesthetics, I feel like this isn't too unreasonable! If we could give them a mag evolution device, that'd be different, but since there's no option for that, I'm wondering if there's a specific class combo to have her level up to get that pure range mag

Suppose I wouldn't mind the Mel/RNG one either, Cygnus I think it's named. Level her as Hunter first, then swap to a ranged class? Or would that just throw in more DEX?

All you need to know can be found here.

http://srpgp.supersanctuary.net/cirnopedia-test/partner_3.php#personality

Somethings might be different in the NA ver. but all the same.

There dosn't seem to be anything about the MAG in there, I guess that...might be determined by their starting class, maybe?

@King-Rhiot

Personality

Pure (M & F) = MAG Crux (DEX) Healer: Uses Star Atomizers or cast Resta when a party member is injured.

Eloquent (M) Suave (F) = MAG Monoceros (TECH) Guardian: Average chance to cast Deband on themselves when nearby enemies.

Cool (M) Clumsy (F) = MAG Cygnus (RNG + DEX > STR) Savior: Low chance to use Moon Atomizers when a party member is defeated.

Timid (M) Naive (F) = MAG Delphinus (Strike > Dex + Range or Tech) Condition Master: Inflicts Burn, Freeze, Shock, Mirage, Panic, or Poison.

Naughty (M) Boyish (F) = MAG Caelum (Tech + Dex > Range) Fiery: Casts Shifta & Deband on themselves when a party member is defeated.

It's a simple as the PERSONALITY? And it'll just...CHANGE? My lord that's incredible you've saved me so much stress I love you

@animeregion They must have updated these at some point. I'm seeing discrepancies in the details now, different mags, slightly different names. I've got three auxiliaries. I'll do some testing and edit this post to report my findings.

So far, I've confirmed Pure gets the Antlia mag. Not sure if that holds true once an aux is levelled and you can choose their personality. Cool-headed corresponds to Cygnus and the Pleasant personality gives them the Caelum mag. Its also worth mentioning that these descriptions are way off. Cool-headed should be something more like abrupt or abrasive and Pleasant makes them clingy like they think they're in a relationship with you. Seriously, you don't have to tell me you miss me. LOL. I'll come back with more info once I've hit the next set of change triggers. I think its RNG, so no idea how long it will be.

One thing I'm experimenting with is how the subclass impacts auxiliary behavior. I've set my ranger's and hunter's subclass to techter and levelled them a bit, but I've yet to see them use any magic of any kind. I was hoping they could self-manage for buffs at the very least, but it looks like that's a bust.

I had another one let me change him today. Can confirm they start with Antila mag with Pure personality after you set their subclass, but once they're fully developed and you can choose Pure, that changes the mag to Crux.

It looks like if you change their personality, they'll ask you again the next day if you still like it, which is handy. Timid personality gives the Monoceros mag and could be more accurately described as clumsy or apprehensive. In one line, the aux gets flustered and bites his tongue. I'm still levelling a female aux, so I'm unable to confirm how the names compare on that end.

Another thing I just noticed, it looks like the threshold for being fully developed is level 40 as my female aux just hit 40 switched from an Antilla mag to Crux. I suspect she'll ask me about her personality soon.

A few other observations I've collected. The mag depends on the class and personality. Doesn't appear to correspond to the class-specific mags and I don't think it really holds any bearing on performance, its just a cosmetic nuance. Also, when they ask about their personality, they'll ask again soon after, but the second time locks you down and then you wait for a few more days. Female Upbeat personality corresponds in the menu order to male's Timid but has a very different talking style as well as a different mag. Upbeat is uncomfortably casual for my taste.

Welp, after some additional testing, it looks like my observations about the timing on personality changes was dead wrong. Its within a range, but inside that range, it looks like its completely RNG, could be short, could be long.

Confirmed, the mags are Antilla until level 40, then are based on a combination of personality and class. It would take a long time to figure out exactly how that works, too long. I'll let someone else sort that out if they want to put in the work. Tried out mischievous today and its very pleasant. I'd describe it more accurately as enthusiastic.

Since the mags aren't as simple as personality, here's a summary of my interpretation of the different personalities so you at least have an idea of how the aux will behave. These also have some bearing on their field performance in terms of giving heals and such, but I'm a little done with testing after changing mine around so many times.

Male/Female: characteristic.

• Pure/Pure: subservient.
  • Pleasant/Gentle: affectionate.
  • Timid/Upbeat: clumsy, casual.
  • Cool-headed/Stern: impatient.
  • Mischievous/Boyish: enthusiastic.