No matter how I try to launcher the pso2 launcher it will not launch or even give me a response?

It started when I try to Launch the launcher as normal But instead of getting a normal response like the progress bar showing up I got the progress wrestling up in another language Japanese and then an error message I could read in Japanese. after that the launcher shut itself off and did not respond after that . I can't even open it back up or even uninstall it. what should I do to fix this problem.

@craft-dragonfox You have encountered the same problem I did this morning. MS Store moved the game files, changed the permissions on those folders and now the game .exe cannot run.

When I researched it I ended up just installing that crap, wasted hours of my day. The launcher is broken, MS Store is broken.

Good luck.

I found that the launcher nukes all it's data, and having to uninstall and reinstall for 5+ hours is the only solution.

Honestly, this game will never survive the 2021 update. I hope the pretty graphics are worth ignoring the launcher hassle.

Had this same problem today. Whatever you do, DONT CLICK REPAIR in the windows apps settings. Any time you do this it will placehold another 50+GB folder in the mutable backup. The first time I clicked repair it seemed to neverend so I thought it wasn't working. I tried it a second time like an idiot and low and behold treesize found 150+GB of garbage sitting on my SD in the mutable backup.

I'm currently reinstalling for the 4th time. I really like this game but due to these reasons I have refused to spend any money on it till this issue is resolved incase I get tired of fixing it and quit.

I don't understand why you guys can't just move to steam sooner and accept that the microsoft store was a total mistake.

My only worry is that if the game moves to steam, this microsoft store account won't be loginable through steam for "reasons".

@Mycow8me said in No matter how I try to launcher the pso2 launcher it will not launch or even give me a response?:

Had this same problem today. Whatever you do, DONT CLICK REPAIR in the windows apps settings. Any time you do this it will placehold another 50+GB folder in the mutable backup. The first time I clicked repair it seemed to neverend so I thought it wasn't working. I tried it a second time like an idiot and low and behold treesize found 150+GB of garbage sitting on my SD in the mutable backup.

I'm currently reinstalling for the 4th time. I really like this game but due to these reasons I have refused to spend any money on it till this issue is resolved incase I get tired of fixing it and quit.

I don't understand why you guys can't just move to steam sooner and accept that the microsoft store was a total mistake.

My only worry is that if the game moves to steam, this microsoft store account won't be loginable through steam for "reasons".

It's currently under contract for a limited duration Microsoft exclusive, so whenever that ends will be when the process of cloud service and multi platform data transfer can begin. I personally would prefer waiting for the Nintendo Switch release.

@Mycow8me said in No matter how I try to launcher the pso2 launcher it will not launch or even give me a response?:

I will be brutally honest about this. All of the computers that have any of the following sympoms after Installing Phantasy Star Online 2...

System Signs or Symptoms

• Phantasy Star Online 2 Does not Launch after windows update.
  • Phantasy Star Online 2 Requires Repeated Re-installs.
  • Phantasy Star Online 2 Reinstalled and I lost 50+GB of storage
  • Phantasy Star Online 2's Icon is darkened - This is the fatal sign a reinstall is happening in the background. You can confirm this by looking at Phantasy Star Online 2 using the windows 10 store page for the program.

Source of the Problem

The whole problem is caused by a Windows 10 App Store application ( Games Included) performing a "Write Inside the package". This action is clearly written as "Not Allowed, The package is read only.". You can read the exact documentation from microsoft on this... https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/msix/desktop/desktop-to-uwp-behind-the-scenes

So in other words, the Phantasy Star Online 2 launcher is modify files, adding files and deleting files inside a Windows 10 App store package. The modified Windows 10 App store Package for Phantasy Star Online 2 is what causes the Windows 10 App store to require reinstallation because the package is corrupted according to Microsoft and the only solution Microsoft sees fit for the computer is to Reinstall the offending package by backing up the corrupted package, and download the base package from Microsoft again.

Possible Fixes

Avoid installing Phantasy Star ONline 2 until SEGA releases news that the launcher has been updated to address the faulty behavior.