[PC-KB/M] Camera zooms-in by itself

I'm playing on PC with keyboard and mouse and have the camera zoomed out (+ all the way out) but after a while I notice that the camera is now closer to the character. Not as close as the game's default close camera (pressing -) but it is noticeable and I have to press + again to zoom out.

This happens every few minutes so it's annoying after a while, especially since the camera is so close in the first place and it affects the camera movement (it feels off).

Does this happen even if you are stationary in a spot? Example: can you sit in your personal quarters and take a screenshot fully zoomed out, afk for 10 minutes and then take another screenshot without moving anything except pressing the print screen button and see if there's any difference?

@Xurai said in [PC-KB/M] Camera zooms-in by itself:

Does this happen even if you are stationary in a spot? Example: can you sit in your personal quarters and take a screenshot fully zoomed out, afk for 10 minutes and then take another screenshot without moving anything except pressing the print screen button and see if there's any difference?

No, I just tested that. It only happens when I actually play and move the camera.

My assumption is there's either a funky keybind that's messing with it or there's something buggy regarding your keyboard or mouse. Do you have a controller you can plug in, then change the settings from kb/m to just controller and see if it persists? If so then it's likely a game bug of sorts, where if it stops we can at least narrow it down to something regarding your setup.

I managed to catch this happening consistently when visiting my personal quarters. In the PQs the camera is a bit zoomed in by default and when leaving them it remains like this.

My theory is that this is happening in other places the camera zooms in automatically.

Interesting.. If I remember to check this I'm curious if this is happening to me as well and just haven't noticed. Nice find.