Random Obscure Tip

If using pure keyboard and mouse, you don't actually need to keep pallete swapping tied to the mouse wheel. Especially for the sub pallete since I run into people a lot that don't know how to swap that on the fly. Or at all.

R and F are the basic buttons for such, but what for some reason isn't listed anywhere in the game's control options is that you can press G to toggle between weapon and sub palletes.

Another reason for this topic is that I'm also slightly tired of the repeating negative threads and figure we could use something a little more useful while waiting for clearly known about issues to be fixed. If you know any really good obscure tips, why not post it in this thread so others can enjoy the knowledge as well? Heck, it doesn't even need to be a very useful tip, even something that is just neat to hear about would be fun.

Using the number pad to swap between weapon palettes even if you're a controller player is incredibly useful.

Also one I stole from someone else: When accepting a quest, accept in the current block and then open the menu and go to Quests > Client Orders > "Orders That Can Be Accepted in the Fields of Ongoing Quests" for a menu that is essentially the same as what pops up when accepting a Recommended Quest.

@TsundereMuse said in Random Obscure Tip:

Using the number pad to swap between weapon palettes even if you're a controller player is incredibly useful.

It has a very high delay though, and cannot be spammed when using keyboard controls.

@coldreactive I might be wrong, but I think the same delays exist with the other methods of palette switching. At least a quick test in game seems to do it.