Great, woke up this morning to find out pso2 didn't work and now windows store wont reinstall the game..

How do I get this stupid thing fixed by chance? I also tried terminating the process but that wont work. Uninstalling wont work...It's just stuck on loading.

Edit / Update: there we go..tweaker didn't work and even after installing through the tweaker it wanted to go through the windows store...Turns out I just had to install a quick update to my computer. It's installing again!

Edit 2: Nothing works. Game wont upload after launcher, windows update for some reason cancelled itself after halfway of installing for a couple hours. Can't change ownership of mutable backup / pso.bin even after changing myself as the owner. Everything is a bust. Trying to reinstall updates again...This is some bullspit.

Edit 3: Got it to work again! Here's how to fix it..

-Press Windows Button

-type in "reset"

-choose to "reset my pc"

-Remove Everything

-Choose whichever one involves you not scrapping your pc

-Press ok, let it reset

-Reinstall game through windows store and you're in!

Welcome to the hell. best option use PSO2 Tweaker https://arks-layer.com/ bypass all Microsoft BS

@lI-M-i-t-s-u-Il yeah.. tried that.. doesnt work because the problem is directly with Microsoft Store permissions, even the tweaker tell you that

Trying the tweaker now. I so can't wait til this gets to steam...

Please make sure to join their discord and do the new install method this is the only way I fixed mine. ( It deleted off my Laptop and my Wife's so 😕 )

@Shinoluigi did you download PSO2 from the Tweaker or MS? If from the Tweaker did you also download this file: https://arks-layer.com/docs/pso2_winstore_fix.ps1 and put into the PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 folder? This file will allow you access to the game without Microsoft store.

Heres the official Tweaker Guide, https://na.arks-layer.com/tweaker-install.html. If you have the patient this is probably worth a try. Its not going to fix everything about the game issues but its does help make life easier without the need of the MS.

Discord: https://discord.com/channels/212902524162801664/585329187145908225 for more help.

Yep, I just woke up to the same exact issue. I've been launching it through the tweaker, but had the M$ installation. Now I've gotta go through and clean up the dead files from the broken store install while I reinstall it through the tweaker.

Same thing here, waiting for Tweaker to fix/update the sudden "missing" 82.5k files. Ironically, despite the road bumps and hiccups that PSO2 has. Still offers more play time and uptime versus ESO.

@lI-M-i-t-s-u-Il ty, will give it a try (this time without the MS download, so it will take a while to download all), at this point i think sega should go safe and move the game to Steam or even Epic Store( i know)!

there we go..tweaker didn't work and even after installing through the tweaker it wanted to go through the windows store...Turns out I just had to install a quick update to my computer. It's installing again!

Updated computer, PSo2 is still completely non functional, wont even start the launcher. time to forget it exists for a good long time, or at least until I find out they fixed it.

Hi! We understand your frustration about the technical issue the PC platform is experiencing and for that, we sincerely apologize. Please know that we are actively doing our best to fix all the issues and we humbly ask for your patience. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

My friend and I both had the same issue - I got mine working by resetting(again, after the forced restart from the Windows update) and then launched from the Microsoft Store rather than off my desktop. My friend was not able to get theirs to start again, also tried the tweaker, and couldn't get it to start that way either. Given that we're from different countries, I'm expecting this will be a widespread problem once everyone is back from work today..

@GM-Sohee Holy snap a GM. Thank you lol. By chance do you know if they can extend the Sonic holiday so everyone can get their rewards because of this nonsense?

Microsoft store insists the game is installed after a full purge and uninstall of all PSo2 files.