Vote to kick system

@SleeprunnerInc said in Vote to kick system:

@DDDDLife You know what would actually work now that you mention it.

A certain minimum thresh hold so they get the full loot.

How that threshold would be measured would be a different thing.

Another problem is if someone for example instakills a boss, what happens to the other people who didn't even get the minimum done?

They get nothing. Which is why that won't work. Only reason why I'm not mentioning a way to fix this, is cause I can't think of a way that won't screw over innocent players. These are all suggestions many people have already suggested in other forums, but when you break it down, you start to see the flaws in it, then it doesn't sound like a good idea anymore. To me, the way things are atm may not be perfect and many may be unhappy with it, but that's the best that can be done without creating a bigger mess.

@Hiyori-Usagi Exactly.

At the moment there is no better alternative.

Everything is far worse than the current system and flawed to the point where it would just cause more harm than good.

If we had the minimum REQ thing for example, a high level player with nemesis gear etc would just come in and troll people.

So honestly the only system that does work is seeing if a person is actually doing something and if they aren't, just report cause it's a reasonable thing from what I saw in the options to report for.

@Hiyori-Usagi So more or less these topics are useless.

@SleeprunnerInc It's informative for the people that don't understand that it's not that simple. Explaining it helps them understand and maybe help ease their frustration. And just cause we don't have an answer for it now, at least we're thinking on it and may come up with a better solution in the future.

@Hiyori-Usagi sure, but it starts to make it more trouble than it is worth.

Destiny and Halo eventually went beyond just using movement as a means to measuring if a player is active. I believe it requires performing actions to be determined as "not afk".

Found that out with Destiny 1's loot cave, moving side to side wasn't enough to kick me from the session

@John-Paul-RAGE Yeah, I know, it was just 1 example to give you an idea as to how one can easily get around it. I can give you a more complicated one, but it still ends the same way, the message was that regardless of what you throw at them, they will learn how to bypass it. Eventually, the more you try to fortify that requirement, it will start to effect innocent players, and that's a no no.

@Hiyori-Usagi Ye but there's a problem in trying to explain this situation to most of them.

Because then there will be arguments like: Well if this feature is so abusable and wont make it in to the game, why would we have the report function which is abusable too!

And then we go down that rabbit hole yadayada yada and finally end up with a locked thread.

So ultimately it's not worth it.

@Hiyori-Usagi said in Vote to kick system:

Another problem is if someone for example instakills a boss, what happens to the other people who didn't even get the minimum done?

They get nothing. Which is why that won't work. Only reason why I'm not mentioning a way to fix this, is cause I can't think of a way that won't screw over innocent players. These are all suggestions many people have already suggested in other forums, but when you break it down, you start to see the flaws in it, then it doesn't sound like a good idea anymore. To me, the way things are atm may not be perfect and many may be unhappy with it, but that's the best that can be done without creating a bigger mess.

I think an adjustment to the timed afk kick would be an improvement.

Let's say maybe 5 minutes of afk (or whatever time may be appropriate) before getting kicked. Meaning if the boss is instakilled- sure, the AFKer will be able to benefit from others' hard work. However, in that case, the player being AFK clearly didn't have any negative impact on the group's ability to complete the event. However, if it starts to draw out and takes longer than that threshold amount, it would appear that the AFK is having a negative effect, they get kicked, and don't benefit.

afk ppl..

all i do with them is going afk to. lul

@Stretcharach said in Vote to kick system:

@Hiyori-Usagi said in Vote to kick system:

I think an adjustment to the timed afk kick would be an improvement.

Let's say maybe 5 minutes of afk (or whatever time may be appropriate) before getting kicked. Meaning if the boss is instakilled- sure, the AFKer will be able to benefit from others' hard work. However, in that case, the player being AFK clearly didn't have any negative impact on the group's ability to complete the event. However, if it starts to draw out and takes longer than that threshold amount, it would appear that the AFK is having a negative effect, they get kicked, and don't benefit.

Actually There is a system already in place, The tally that racks up your point in order to meet the achievement. Now IF these AFK'ers have 0 points, well then.. that's that.. They also receive 0 of the loot. It would then be followed by a Message : FAILED!

@DDDDLife My suggestion was more focused on how to boot AFKers without screwing over people being carried by friends or who just aren't quick enough to participate before things are insta-nuked. I'm down for afkers not getting access to the loot, it just seems that aspect would make things more complicated to implement alongside.

This doesn't address people who aren't technically AFK but are clearly seeking a carry(basic attacking on occasion to be considered as 'participating') Which we'd see an increase of if AFK auto-kick was put in. Autokicking in general might also run into trouble with people who are in parties. If it kicked an AFKer from a party, we might see more backlash from their party members who were okay dragging them along. If they don't get kicked from the party for afk and just the event, it's possible to join back in(unless something like a block is implemented also).

@Stretcharach Once again the AFK auto kick would not work since we already haev an ingame autorun and alternatively people can use the fabled coin jam on keyboard to auto move.

So the AFK timer would reset constantly.

So the AFK system is not a good system.

@SleeprunnerInc I agree, if it goes down that direction. It's not us that they need to convince, it's themselves at that point. There's only so much you can say to someone before sounding like a broken record, that's when you stop replying and let them figure it out themselves. If they fail to use the search system to find these threads, and no one replies to them, that's on them. This is also my first time engaging in a forum, I'm actually really shy and don't like being known to people, so I won't be commenting again after this thread probably.

@SleeprunnerInc Then we determine afk based on the point system already in-game.

Edit: alternatively we could also understand that these kinds of systems are rarely perfect and that the majority of people attempting this won't use your described 'anti-afk' methods.