PSO2 withdrawls

@Photon_Cat said in PSO2 Withdraw Is Real!:

I've started playing Phantasy Star Portable 2 again to satisfy that PSO desire until the open beta starts. Its not as good as PSO2, but its still fun and fulfills that missing feeling 😄

It should, considering it's part of the "Phantasy Star Universe" "Series." Which PSO2 borrows a lot of assets from anyway.

@coldreactive said in PSO2 Withdraw Is Real!:

@Photon_Cat said in PSO2 Withdraw Is Real!:

I've started playing Phantasy Star Portable 2 again to satisfy that PSO desire until the open beta starts. Its not as good as PSO2, but its still fun and fulfills that missing feeling 😄

It should, considering it's part of the "Phantasy Star Universe" "Series." Which PSO2 borrows a lot of assets from anyway.

Indeed, there is a lot of similarities between PSP2 and PSO2. PSU tried a lot of new things. Some things worked and some didn't. So it would make sense that Sonic Team, well I guess they aren't technically called Sonic Team anymore. It would make sense that the dev team would want to start merging the two styles together to create a mix of the two. The best aspects from each series. I'm definitely a fan of it. I like classic PSO, and I liked some things in PSU. I feel like PSP2 took away a lot of the annoying parts of PSU, and PSO2 even more so. PSO2 is definitely my favorite. I can't comment on PSP2 Infinity as I have not played that game.

@Photon_Cat Mind if I ask what you enjoyed about PSU that was new to the series from it?

Not saying I didn't enjoy PSU (I absolutely did), I'm just curious about more context from your post.

I loved PSU too but my biggest complaint was the lack of events that the JP version got that we didn't caused the game to go a little stagnant after playing it for like 3 years lol. I really hope PSO2 keeps the events running ^-^

I'm having a really hard time concentrating on other games since the PSO2 closed beta. I've been dabbling in PSO:BB & Diablo 3 while I wait. I'm also slowly working way through the PSO2 anime.

But I find myself sat daydreaming about PSO2, even when I was providing voice lines for a game I was picturing it like PSO2 for visual reference.

@FluffyShinobi said in PSO2 Withdraw Is Real!:

Been playing the Bleeding edge beta to pass the time

How was that?

@Sylus said in PSO2 Withdraw Is Real!:

@Photon_Cat Mind if I ask what you enjoyed about PSU that was new to the series from it?

Not saying I didn't enjoy PSU (I absolutely did), I'm just curious about more context from your post.

Sure, no problem! It's seriously been ages since I've played PSU, from what stands out in my mind though. I enjoyed the more fluid faster paced combat, the photon arts system, the weapons pallet and how that could be used to quickly switch between different weapon setups.

I know there was a lot that frustrated me about the game, too. but overall i remember enjoying my time with PSU, at first. eventually cancelled my membership online cause I just started getting bored of it. I definitely prefer PSO over PSU. but i still think PSU had its good parts that definitely show influence in PSO2.

@Photon_Cat Thanks! I did feel coming into PSO2 with PSU being my first game in the series I came into, the pallets definitely was different. Felt even off. I played PSO2 JP for a few years so I eventually got used to it but it was different than what I was used. It was more an issue along the line of being able to use items mid-combat but now that I have the ability to add skills to the item bar with PSO2, it actually is a lot more fleshed out and intuitive once you get used to it.

A few streamers of jp on twitch

@Sylus said in PSO2 Withdraw Is Real!:

@Photon_Cat Thanks! I did feel coming into PSO2 with PSU being my first game in the series I came into, the pallets definitely was different. Felt even off. I played PSO2 JP for a few years so I eventually got used to it but it was different than what I was used. It was more an issue along the line of being able to use items mid-combat but now that I have the ability to add skills to the item bar with PSO2, it actually is a lot more fleshed out and intuitive once you get used to it.

Right, that makes sense. I wasn't saying things are the same as PSU. I just think it would make sense that the dev team decided they wanted to merge the two series styles together, and maybe PSP2 was their first attempt at that, and was part of the process the led to PSO2. PSO2 definitely isn't classic PSO. Which is why there is also people who don't like PSO2 but like PSO. It's really all just a matter of personal opinion of course. There is a lot of people who like PSU a lot as well, and nothing wrong with that.

@Photon_Cat I played all the old RPG's of Phantasy Star but never touched PSO, PSU, or PSP1 or 2. Just went straight to PSO2.

This completely slipped my mind earlier, but, having your own room, and being able to customize the looks of your character in the middle of the game with clothes and accessories are definitely aspects that were introduced by PSU 😄 and i thought were really cool back when I first played PSU. Even though looking back now, PSU's room functions were super limited in terms of personalizing.

Everyone knows the best part of PSU is Ethan Waber, though.

@The-Question said in PSO2 Withdraw Is Real!:

@Photon_Cat I played all the old RPG's of Phantasy Star but never touched PSO, PSU, or PSP1 or 2. Just went straight to PSO2.

That's a shame. PSO1 and PSU were a ton of fun i remember seriously putting in easily 5000 hrs in PSO1 on the dreamcast and gamecube and god knows how much on PSU over the years i played it pretty much until they shut off the servers was so sad to see it go. 😿

@SonarShark said in PSO2 Withdraw Is Real!:

That's a shame. PSO1 and PSU were a ton of fun i remember seriously putting in easily 5000 hrs in PSO1 on the dreamcast and gamecube and god knows how much on PSU over the years i played it pretty much until they shut off the servers was so sad to see it go. 😿

Now we get to go through the same feeling with PSO2 allover again, 😺 well those of us who didn't play on the JP servers anyways. Hopefully a lot of new people get to experience the series and get those feelings. Being free to play definitely lowers the barrier of entry.

I'm assuming you must of enjoyed PSO2 and are waiting for the NA version seeing as you're posting here 😄

I'm assuming you must of enjoyed PSO2 seeing as you're posting here 😄

Been playing it for the last 7 years. So yeah I've been enjoying it.

I'm assuming you must of enjoyed PSO2 seeing as you're posting here 😄

Been playing it for the last 7 years. So yeah I've been enjoying it.

Playing the game for 7 years is a long time. That is really impressive! I tried the JP version when it first released. I just couldn't get into it with the language barrier personally. It's just so much different playing it in English. I'm so hyped for the open beta and final release 😄