GM Request OBT-Full Release Ship Transfer

So as someone who has already decided on playing on 6 I will be transfering my character from ship 1. So I was curious about a few things.

• Will we get a free transfer when all ships are available?
  • When trasnfers are possible will you do a quick maintence to complete the transfers as soon as possible?
  • Will the transfers carry over non player storage to the new ship?

Those are all the questions I can think of for the time being about that. If a GM could give a respone to this it would be appreciated. Even if there is no transfer available when all ships open I will just create a new character on the ship I want to play on it till transfer is available.

Thank you for your time and for reading this.

These are really good questions that I never really thought about. This will help a lot of people if answered! 🙂

Considering only 2 ships were available in the CBT these questions make a lot of sense.

I wouldn't doubt if they do a free server transfer for the first month.

@GamerKillance said in GM Request OBT-Full Release Ship Transfer:

That would be a bit to much. Ship transfers is one of the ways they earn money so only go in with slight hope that there will be a free transfer. But that's not the point really. I'm more worried about the time it would take for the transfer since they only happen during maintenances. If they don't plan on doing a forced short maintenance early on we could end up waiting an entire week before our characters are playable on the new ship.

@GamerKillance said in GM Request OBT-Full Release Ship Transfer:

I can agree with this.

Did you include the suggestion in your closed beta survey? I think that being in a lot of surveys will help it be answered.

I think the JP server only transfers the character storage, not the rest. At least it was like that long ago.

I understand that concern, you decided on Ship 6, but what if the population does not require to open 6 servers? the open beta will be the moment most people (at least xbox players) will join, if they fit ok in 3-4 ships, I don't think they would activate more servers. Then there will be PC launch, if the xbox population has not declined then maybe more ships will open.

On the event a ship gets mostly deserted, it will be harder for players on that ship, market will be dead (good luck switching to a new class and not finding weapons or even Photon Arts discs), some Urgent Quests will not reach the objective to activate ship wide boosts, etc. I hope the game is incredibly popular and a lot of ships are full, of course!

@landman said in GM Request OBT-Full Release Ship Transfer:

I think the JP server only transfers the character storage, not the rest. At least it was like that long ago.

Yeah That is what happened to me a a few years ago. I was kind of hopeing they made a work around or adjusted the way transfer works.

I understand that concern, you decided on Ship 6, but what if the population does not require to open 6 servers? the open beta will be the moment most people (at least xbox players) will join, if they fit ok in 3-4 ships, I don't think they would activate more servers. Then there will be PC launch, if the xbox population has not declined then maybe more ships will open.

It's not only my decision but a majority vote by Alliance members. We were thinking on ship 1 but with the already 900+ people server queues in CBT alone. It will get even more populated in OBT and Full Release. They made 6 ships as a safety in the first place to accommodate and populate them. A lot of people who had to wait 2+ hours to play due to queues on ship 1 and 2 will most likely branch out and choose the other ships to keep from having to queue. Once PC comes around the number of people playing is going to go up tremendously. So under population between OBT and Full Launch with Cross Play may even force them to add more ships.

On the event a ship gets mostly deserted, it will be harder for players on that ship, market will be dead (good luck switching to a new class and not finding weapons or even Photon Arts discs), some Urgent Quests will not reach the objective to activate ship wide boosts, etc. I hope the game is incredibly popular and a lot of ships are full, of course!

If the populations does drop enough to warrant cases if UQ's and major market issues then just like on early years in JP they will combine ships to increase the population.

If there's no free character transfers, I wouldn't mind starting over as well.

Transfering shouldn't be that expensive right?

Didn't play JP so idk.

@Luz-PT said in GM Request OBT-Full Release Ship Transfer:

Didn't play JP so idk.

700 AC/7 USD If the conversion is the same as on JP.

@The-Question said in GM Request OBT-Full Release Ship Transfer:

Didn't play JP so idk.

Ouch. Yeah I hope they make it free for a while then.

What do you think is the biggest reason for ship transfer costing real money? My thought it's because different ships got different economies and they try to limit it because of that.

With only ship 1 and 2 being available on CBT and being crowded the times i played, i can see how it could be an issue to be able to play friends. Me (and probably many others) have a few friends that don't care about stuff like beta and would rather join when the game get released. Add to that all the PC players who are patiently waiting for OBT who most likely would like to join their communities like reddit and discord.

Personally i wouldn't mind starting over, as long i could take my beta rewards with me.

@The-Question said in GM Request OBT-Full Release Ship Transfer:

Didn't play JP so idk.

Ouch. Yeah I hope they make it free for a while then.

At least it isn't 10-14 USD like FFXIV, which does need such a high price due to how rocky their servers can be.