Changed xbox Gamertag, can't play anymore

hellow, i changed my xbox live gamertag a few weeks ago and now i can't login onto any ships or choose my character. i can't change it back cuz the old one has more than 12 characters. does anyone now how to fix that? i already opened a support ticket but i was wondering if someone got a faster solution for this 😕

alt text

greetings

may try to log out of your MS account on the machine and re-log with it.

may also try to delete/move/rename the SEGA folder in your Documents. this SEGA folder also contains screenshots and game settings. so you would need to reconfigure anything in your options. but if it doesn't work, you can always delete the new folder and restore the old one. this will also cause the launcher to perform a file check. could take some minutes.

I just changed mine and having the same issue.... just wondering if anyone got any solutions?

It sounds that you may need to Log-out of all XBOX related apps . Then try and launch PSO2, Then Xbox companion App short pop-up , Prompting you to log-in. Once to you log-in, You should be able to play PSO2 once more.

@DDDDLife Yea it might be that, I tried that but didn't seem to work but after 2 hrs I was able to login suddenly ok. It's a really disheartening situation since I wasn't sure if I could log back into my account anymore.

Sounds to me like you may want to try this:

Download a Program called CC Cleaner. ( Its free), Use it to clean your registry.- If it prompts you to re-start, do so. Now.. Go back and Log in first to all Xbox services inclining the online one at the website. You should be good to go.

@DDDDLife said in Changed xbox Gamertag, can't play anymore:

Download a Program called CC Cleaner. ( Its free), Use it to clean your registry.- If it prompts you to re-start, do so. Now.. Go back and Log in first to all Xbox services inclining the online one at the website. You should be good to go.

CCLeaner can be a useful program, but you really shouldn't use it to 'clean' the registry. if you know what you are looking for, then fine. otherwise, registry cleaner programs will remove empty entries. some of these empty entries are actually used.

under no circumstances should anyone just be randomly 'cleaning' their registry. again, if you know what you are looking for, fine. furthermore, CCleaner at default settings is not optimal for Windows 10, or any modern browser.

~

either way, nothing in the users' registry is going to be related to the issue they are experiencing. that much i can say for certain.

i have personally only changed my gamertag once in the past, and experienced no real issues. some third-party sites linked to the Xbox account had to be re-linked for them to see the change.

@DDDDLife I mean it's good now. It took 2 hrs before I was able to login. Not sure if replication is slow on MS servers.

@BLaCKnBLu3B3RRY said in Changed xbox Gamertag, can't play anymore:

@DDDDLife said in Changed xbox Gamertag, can't play anymore:

CCLeaner can be a useful program, but you really shouldn't use it to 'clean' the registry. if you know what you are looking for, then fine. otherwise, registry cleaner programs will remove empty entries. some of these empty entries are actually used.

under no circumstances should anyone just be randomly 'cleaning' their registry. again, if you know what you are looking for, fine. furthermore, CCleaner at default settings is not optimal for Windows 10, or any modern browser.

~

either way, nothing in the users' registry is going to be related to the issue they are experiencing. that much i can say for certain.

i have personally only changed my gamertag once in the past, and experienced no real issues. some third-party sites linked to the Xbox account had to be re-linked for them to see the change.

Actually, It does. It's quite simple and I can assure that it "Registry" entries and duplicates that are stored there. Then only thing you have to do is select to clean the registry, that's it. Even the Novice user cant find this program useful.

@metatime09 said in Changed xbox Gamertag, can't play anymore:

@DDDDLife I mean it's good now. It took 2 hrs before I was able to login. Not sure if replication is slow on MS servers.

Excellent! I am glad that you were able to find resolution. Cheers!

@DDDDLife

first and foremost, let me apologize for de-railing this topic. i am sorry. second, i am glad at least one person has their issue resolved. and also hope the original poster here too has their issue resolved.

i simply want to address the usage of CCleaner and help people avoid unnecessarily wiping entries/files from their drive/registry that may, or may not, be recoverable.

~

~

now... i didn't entirely understand your first sentence in that response, but it sounds like you thought i said CCleaner doesn't work on the registry. is not what i said. i simply don't recommend using it, unless you know what you are looking for.

you are talking about duplicate entries, i mentioned empty entries. since Windows Vista, the registry in the OS changed hugely. you will find some empty entries here and there that are used as reference points for compatibility purposes. any and every registry cleaner will 'fix' these.

furthermore, just pretty much zero reason to 'clean' the registry. again, only if you really know what you need to do and what to look for. there's zero need for a program to automatically clean, you need to inspect. on the other hand, Windows already cleans your registry on a regular basis. sooo almost completely pointless to use a program.

one more thing... it's not good to use CCleaner for browser clean-up, or any clean-up for that matter. not just for browsers but for other programs too. by default, it will remove some useful files for your browser and/or plugins. SOME of these will regenerate, but not all. using extensions on a per-browser basis may sound inconveniencing, but is a far better solution.

as for saying is useful even for a novice... a novice is exactly who should avoid CCleaner. but i suppose that depends on the type of novice we speak of... a novice to operating systems/computers? a novice to cleaner programs? for the later, CCleaner isn't a bad choice to start. there are more powerful programs that can do far more damage if used recklessly. problem is, CCleaner doesn't do anything to introduce the user to the finer points of programs like this. leaving a user forever a novice.

~

personally? i only use CCleaner to look for anything outstanding, mostly memory dumps. a person needs to make sure they configure the program and inspect every last result. if you don't know what it is, then don't touch.

~

~

thank you for reading!

~

~

~

P.S. maybe you haven't experienced any issue during your usage of CCleaner. maybe you use it recklessly, maybe not... i don't know. what i do know... IF you are using it recklessly and have NOT experienced any issues... then you simply haven't came across a scenario in which an issue would arise as a direct result of recklessly using CCleaner. lucky you!