Question about buying the cash currency

Arks are the currency that you buy with real money right? If so, I gotta ask: I'm not from the US and I'm willing to buy some Arks, if I do so will I get them properly?

I remember seeing people saying that if you are not from the US the Microsoft store bugs out and you never get what you paid for. Is it true? Or can I buy it normally?

There's a discussion about that right here Seems like the best way for us non-US players to do it is maybe with MS store credits, because otherwise it asks for an address. But even that has been really buggy for some people. MS store is a borked piece of trash anyway.

Using Xbox gift card also asked for address in NA. My friend said he just use some KFC address in San Francisco or something.

Lol, that's both stupid and amazing. hopefully no bans are coming for something like that.

@King-Of-Red said in Question about buying the cash currency:

Lol, that's both stupid and amazing. hopefully no bans are coming for something like that.

Doubt that. Being Microsoft they would just check if it's valid US territory and you are good to go. If they wanted to keep you out they would lock the store by just checking you IP (and yet there would be turn arounds as well).

I mean, I'm willing to give them and SEGA money, why not let me do that the easy way?

@Neri6969 said in Question about buying the cash currency:

Using Xbox gift card also asked for address in NA. My friend said he just use some KFC address in San Francisco or something.

Going to buy a gift card to test it. Let's see how it rolls.

@NotTriEdge Keep me posted on what happens with that, I'd like to know if i could eventually do anything when i can afford it again.

You know what's crazy? I'm playing on both JP and NA (based in UK) at the moment. I can add AC to JP with no issues, but seemingly have to jump through hoops for NA. Many others have done it but I'm tentative about using a vendor for this other than MS or Sega

I think it'd be nice if you could just NOT go through the MS store, maybe one day SEGA will just do their own AC gift cards for NA like the JP guys have, and we can skip that broken dumb storefront forever.

I love those little JP cards, went to japan once myself and saw them, really neat stuff, then my friend went a second time and got me one for my bday, the 2000AC card has Rappies on it!

Give us these, SEGA! even if you only do digital gift codes, I don't think anybody would care about the loss of something they've likely never seen before!